Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superior Foes

Default Superior Foes

So who's loving the misadventures of Boomerang and his five-person Sinister Six? Can't wait to see if Shocker can hold onto the head of Silvermain? The new Beetle is your new favorite character? Not sure if you want Boomerang to get what he deserves or not? I love this book and a bet if you've read it you do too.

If this belongs in the Spider-Man forum, that's fine. Spidey's just hardly in it, so...

YES! Absolutely loving Superior Foes, consistently funny and actually a pretty good story

I got the first trade for my birthday and fell utterly in love with it. Amazing book.

I love this comic, adore it even! It's one of the best comics out right now, and (even if it doesn't last past 25) I'll cherrish every issue. Not a single bad issue, all so much fun. It's the TRUE Thunderbolts comic out right now.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I love this book, too; I look forward to reading it as much as I do the main title. I hope it does not disappear now that Amazing is back.

Also, if you are Superior Foes fans, check out the Thunderbolts Appreciation thread (where Superior Foes falls under the umbrella). We've got the SFS solicits up and will be discussing lots of issues once it gains traction.

http://community.comicbookresources....S-Appreciation

Not really cared for it the past few issues. Love the first 9ish though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    Not really cared for it the past few issues. Love the first 9ish though.
    Yeah, the fill-ins have killed the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Yeah, the fill-ins have killed the momentum.
    I loved the "All Most Gott'em" fill in; the second one was good too (just a little irrelevant). I'm hoping it will be linked down the line (i.e. SpOck shows up to take on the Superior Foes)

I love this book, Spencer is doing a great work with the characters. The fill-ins were kinda odd but still, I liked the first one with Hercules popping up.

The first 10 or so issues were killer but the fill-ins really dampened my enthusiasm. With the title ending with #15, it seems a shame that a once-great title will limp to the finish.

I feel the same way. For awhile it was the best title Marvel was publishing, but fill-ins + a $1 price jump and the knowledge that it is hovering near cancellation caused me to drop it. I'll finish it in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    The first 10 or so issues were killer but the fill-ins really dampened my enthusiasm. With the title ending with #15, it seems a shame that a once-great title will limp to the finish.
    Lieber said in Twitter that he got asked for the covers of issue #16 and #17 and that he heard nothing about cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I love this comic, adore it even! It's one of the best comics out right now, and (even if it doesn't last past 25) I'll cherrish every issue. Not a single bad issue, all so much fun. It's the TRUE Thunderbolts comic out right now.
    I hadn't thought of it that way, because there's nothing even remotely redemptive about it, but it does feature bad guys as protagonists and has a few former Thunderbolts, so... now I kind of like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    Lieber said in Twitter that he got asked for the covers of issue #16 and #17 and that he heard nothing about cancellation.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I hadn't thought of it that way, because there's nothing even remotely redemptive about it, but it does feature bad guys as protagonists and has a few former Thunderbolts, so... now I kind of like that.
    The Thunderbolts aren't always about redemption (both Warren Ellis and Andy Diggle's run was more about a villainous cast's struggles in the world, and how (deep down) feelings of guilt (or lack there of) can effect that. Most of the cast are former Thunderbolts (Boomerang, Shocker, Speed Demon + Mach-VI) with Beetle being "quasi-related", having been introduced as a Cap villain. There's been tons of "recap" Thunderbolts history in Boomerang's hilarious dreams and memories.