Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Default Best Celestials/Eternals/Deviants Stories?

I thought it seemed like a good time to ask this question. I know of some stories with the Celestials and all their stuff. There's obviously the original Jack Kirby Eternals. I recently read the True Believer reprint and enjoyed it quite a bit. I know there's a Thor story with the Asgardians, Olympians, and Eternals, but I'm drawing a blank on the details. I remember a story in X-Factor called Judgment War that I enjoyed a lot (it sort of played out the same Celestial themes on a different planet).

Any other good suggestions?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

There was a 12-issue Eternals series written by Peter B. Gillis then by Walt Simonson in 1985-1986 that I thought was good when it came out. Artwork was originally by Sal Buscema, then Keith Pollard and finally Paul Ryan for the last few issues.

Mighty Member

Other than the two you mentioned, the only one I liked where they were more than one off guests was Gaiman's, which was a bit of a reboot. The core concept I didn't like, and it was clear that they were trying to do with the Eternals what they did with the Inhumans, only the book didn't sell enough for all that, but there was a lot of good in it too. Eternals MAX was garbage, so stay away from that.

There was also the period back in the 1980s when Roger Stern had Sersi with the Avengers.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There was a 12-issue Eternals series written by Peter B. Gillis then by Walt Simonson in 1985-1986 that I thought was good when it came out. Artwork was originally by Sal Buscema, then Keith Pollard and finally Paul Ryan for the last few issues.
    I really liked that mini series.

Amazing Member

One of the first comics I remember reading as a kid was a Celestials/Eternals story: Thor #283-284. The Eternals showed up for at least one really decent arc that I remember back then. Strangely I liked their appearance in Thor more than I liked their standalone series.

Amazing Member

As for Deviants, the Atlantis Attacks storyline was good. The What If issue on it was rather chilling and a bit depressing even though I quite liked it.

Eternals by Charles & Daniel Knauff with Acuna's artwork.

Druig is so underrated...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

With the appearance of the Celestial in Legacy and the inhuman debacle, maybe is time for the Eternals to receive a new push. The last series and themini from Gaiman were really interesting.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Earth X Galactus vs Celestial