• Looking Forward to reading it

10 17.24%
  • Dislike/hate the run and not going to read it even if it is a milestone

10 17.24%
  • Indifferent waiting for reviews/other reasons before buying or not

19 32.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default How much are you looking forward to Thor 700?

Given the wide array of diverse opinions on Aarons writing of Jane Thor and unworthy Thor it will be interesting to know who amongst you are looking forward to reading this landmark issue and who aren't as hyped as they would have been if the odinson was Thor or who are indifferent to it and are waiting on reviews to decide whether to read it or not.

Mighty Thor has won me over. The 4 issue mini turned me off initially but over time I think the Mighty Thor has been one of the most consistent releases in the Marvel lineup and every month I know I'm getting beautiful pages (arguably the best art/color work on the market right now), and a fun unique story even if it does rewrite little bits here and there.

So, based on the track record, I'm looking forward to this. Mangog, death of Jane, lots of good storytelling to be done. My top-2 series IMO (it dances between that and OML atm).

BANNED

Mighty Thor's been my favorite comic coming out of the big two publishers, so I'm really excited for Mighty Thor #700.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Given the wide array of diverse opinions on Aarons writing of Jane Thor and unworthy Thor it will be interesting to know who amongst you are looking forward to reading this landmark issue and who aren't as hyped as they would have been if the odinson was Thor or who are indifferent to it and are waiting on reviews to decide whether to read it or not.
    I can't vote on this poll because none of these options fit.

I haven't read Thor since . . . way before Jason Aaron became the writer.
    Don't really care one way or the other about buying this issue, so I don't really qualify as "Indifferent waiting for reviews/other reasons before buying or not", and I'm also not able to say I "Dislike/hate the run".
    I just have no interest in it.

(Hey, the thread does ask "How much are you looking forward to reading Thor 700?", so it's not like I'm going on a Thor thread just to be annoying.)

Extraordinary Member

It would be nice if Aaron told us what was going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    He He. That is what idle speculation online is for!

On a serious note I think he is trying to keep the surface simple. Not get bogged down in the telling of the tale, and instead show us.

--

Oh and of course I am looking forward to it. It is Thor 700! Simonson is a guest on it and I always like his art and approach. Even if I am not his biggest fan, I am still a fan

Aaron is launching a new arc that he has been teasing for months, the Dauteman/Wilson team has been desperately missed, and everything looks to be coming to a head nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    There's no way solicits won't spoil things before Death of Mighty Thor is completed. If it ends before March, the Avengers: No Surrender announcement may have already revealed something about how it ends (since we know Jane is involved there).

If unworthy Thor becomes the Thor again, then I will read it.

Niffleheim

"Looking forward" isn't how i would describe my feelings for the upcoming issue - maybe indifference, just like i have always felt about Jane as a character. Hopefully the end for Jane is nigh but if not and she survives i would pray that my entertainment won't be attached to the albatross. She should helm her own book because she has held this book hostage long enough.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-28-2017 at 11:31 PM.

All-New Member

I guess the word to describe my feelings about Thor 700 is trepidation. If the issue begins some "redemption" of the Thor that I have been reading for decades, I will most likely continue reading the comic. If not, at best, I will take a break from that part of the Marvel universe, and, at worst, drop buying any new Marvel comics and just read the old ones through Marvel Unlimited.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The more I read Jason Aaron's Thor, the more I like it. I was among those who really didn't know if making Jane Foster Thor could work, but I've come to embrace it. I know it's probably going to end soon so I want to enjoy what's left of it. If Thor 700 is part of that effort, then so be it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I enjoy Thor right now so I chose Looking forward to it. It has had its up and downs with plenty more ups than downs for me. I'm most excited for the She-Hulk vs Thor fight in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I'm most excited for the She-Hulk vs Thor fight in it!
    Oh, yes, Marvel MUST ALWAYS feature heroes fighting heroes, especially Thors fighting Hulks.

BANNED

I'd say I'm looking forward to it zero percent. Which might be a bit high as it's not even a thing I've thought about until seeing this thread just now.

not much tbh.