Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Dawnbreaker originates from Earth -32.

Earth-32 in the Multiverse is the one with Bat-Lantern. Neat little easter egg!
    So I guess this might be their gimmick with their origins since someone said during The Murder Machine that Earth -44 was a reference to Earth-44 home of those Justice League metal men.

That probably explain The Drowned if It's true. She's from Earth -11

Fantastic Member

maybe shes from earth -31 http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_31 given the whole pirate thing the drowned has has going on.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So I guess this might be their gimmick with their origins since someone said during The Murder Machine that Earth -44 was a reference to Earth-44 home of those Justice League metal men.

That probably explain The Drowned if It's true. She's from Earth -11
    That was also me. I'm a sucker for Morrison's Multiversity!

My guess on why the Drowned is female is along the same lines of the Red Death, where it appears that Bruce's subconscious merged with Barry's. If you look at the Red Death, he's got Bruce's darker hair and squarer jawline, but Barry's athletic bodytype. I would be surprised if the Drowned was Bruce's mind taking over a female Atlantean like Mera.

I would agree with the Drowned likely being from the Dark Multiverse equivalent of either Earth-11 or Earth-31, both seem quite valid assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

I picked up Red Death and thought it was pretty cool, and from what I'm reading here I'm thinking I'll have to pick up Dawnbreaker and Murder Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    I picked up Red Death and thought it was pretty cool, and from what I'm reading here I'm thinking I'll have to pick up Dawnbreaker and Murder Machine.
    Pick all of em up!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Kid Lantern Bruce is scary.

I knew it ! The Dawnbreaker is a total psycho : http://www.cbr.com/preview-batman-da...kills-penguin/

Damn it, that's one hell of an evil Batman here, one who has no excuses to his evilness, unlike the Red Death and the Murder Machine. That's some heavy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I knew it ! The Dawnbreaker is a total psycho : http://www.cbr.com/preview-batman-da...kills-penguin/

Damn it, that's one hell of an evil Batman here, one who has no excuses to his evilness, unlike the Red Death and the Murder Machine. That's some heavy shit.
    CBR needs to learn to come up with links that don't include spoilers.
    Minor one yeah but still...

It's Bruce without learning to cope with the trauma of his parent's death.
    He is consciously evil. Red Death arguably had a noble intention, Murder Machine is an incomplete AI that turned into a virus.
    The way he killed the other guy here...that's digusting

I wonder if the guardians are gonna rein him in
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Dang, this is by far the scariest of the Dark Knights! Very interesting origin story, I’d say the best one yet !

Fantastic Member

I love the dawnbreaker lantern oath so twisted.

I enjoyed the issue, but thought the story was a bit flimsy.

SPOILERS

I did like the "all the power, none of the restraint" angle they went with. Bruce literally breaks the ring, which is nice representation of also breaking the first no-kill law of the GLC

Personally I would of preferred it if they played around with the Power Ring mythos rather than the Green Lantern Corps. Too many plot holes in the story we got, where's Alfred to provide emotional support for young Bruce? The Earth-0 seemed a bit pointless too. I would of also liked to of seen how Dawnbreaker got that facial scar across his mouth.

At least the art and colours were nice, and the spiral speech balloons were good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Finally to got my hand on the issue, and I'm pleased by it. I like it less than the Murder Machine, but overall, it's still a good read. This Dark Knight is a monster of the highest order, the BWL keeps to his absolutly creepy way of existing (seriously, he is truly horrific, that one). Wonder what we'll truly see in his issue.

I did'nt really like it..felt a little too short.
    There's not gonna be more chances to explain the mouth scar and the source of his dark powers.
    Maybe because the other 2 dark knights one shots before spoiled me.

i really loathed spoilers:
    him soloing the GLCs and the Guardians
    end of spoilers

Always Rakzo

*sigh* I KNEW that I shouldn't have expected anything considering this is a Humphries' story but even then, this was still extremely underwhelming. The positives is that Humphries doesn't force his stupid sense of "humour" in this story as in his other works (some silly lines aside).

The negatives are everything else.

For one, I feel like Bruce went too crazy too quickly. Yes, different universe and everything but during the last couple of tie-ins dedicated to this group of characters, at least you could understand their motivations to see why they chose this path. Here Bruce simply goes into a killing spree without enough reason for it (and no, "the void after losing my parents" is not enough). Also, Humpries' dialogue can be a problem since he calls the character "Batman: The Dawnbreaker" and the rest of his kind as "Red Death" and "Murder Machine" while I don't think they were called especifically that during their own stories, Humphries goes full comic book narration and it just feels off.

Oh, and there was barely any plot to this or progress for the main event. Sciver's artwork aside, this was pretty worthless.

On Twitter, Synder made allusions to the female we've seen 'controlling the Drowned', so I think we're getting a curveball there.

On topic, I really liked how every single panel was tilted. Dutch angles are an elementary tool, but they really worked here to convey that sense that everything is askew and wrong.