View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Scott and Jean never got a divorce, when both of them are back, are they still legally husband and wife?

Pop queen Madonna is almost 60 and dates boy toys in their 20s/30s.
    That's what Emma should be doing instead of acting like Cyclops' doormat

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would be pathetic of Emma to go back to Scott now
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    It would be pathetic if her or Jean went back to Scott.
    pa·thet·ic
    pəˈTHedik/Submit
    adjective
    arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.

This is the definition of Scott Summers life and anyone he's romantically linked with so I can understand your concerns. That said, Simonson was quoted as saying her and Claremont used to brainstorm story arcs by asking what terrible thing they could do to Scott and Jean next. You two are basically arguing against the subtext of x-men canon. I find it amusing.

It doesn't matter who Jean or Emma end up with or don't end up with, there's lives will be one disaster after another. Case in point would be Emma since Scott died. Life of A-lister y'all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    It would be pathetic if her or Jean went back to Scott.
    This. But back to Scott Jean is going. And Emma will get independence, albeit probably with villainy attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    She propositioned Logan for sex while her partner was in the middle of a crisis.
    Yes she did. She should have done it way earlier, really. And he wasn't in a crisis, he's just narcissistic and overly dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    This. But back to Scott Jean is going. And Emma will get independence, albeit probably with villainy attached.

Yes she did. She should have done it way earlier, really. And he wasn't in a crisis, he's just narcissistic and overly dramatic.
    Logan can have Jean finally, and what did it took for scott to be dead...... I don't want Jean any where near cyke or tyke, all she would do is mess with his mind so he can fall inlove with someone just because she thinks is a good thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Scott and Jean never got a divorce, when both of them are back, are they still legally husband and wife?

They'd only be married still if no one dissolved the marriage legally. You'd need a death certificate for that. Since they had a body that wouldn't be a problem. I'm guessing Emma made sure Scott got this done at some point. It would be required to execute her will and close her estate.

Although technically Jean would still have Scott's last name as you can't change the names of dead people. A name change requires a form to be completed by the individual requesting the change, unless the individual is a minor.

BANNED

So what you're saying is you have no issue with Jean being a cheating adulteress? Sounds like you don't know her character at all seeing as that was totally ooc.

are you going to acknowledge your hypocrisy RE complaining about Scott betraying Jean when she betrayed him multiple times? Also don't you think it's ridiculous of you to say that someone who was just possessed by an ancient evil for many months being in a dark place was being overly dramatic is frankly, ridiculous? Or is Jean just being overly dramatic when she has one of her Dark Phoenix moments?

\That's what Emma should be doing instead of acting like Cyclops' doormat
    I'm glad everyone is so concerned about Emma's welfare. Maybe you should be tweeting\emailing Marvel instead and asking them to stop the abortion of plot lines they've been throwing her way since Scott died a years ago. She's never been worse off in the last fifteen years than she has since Cyke died in DoX #1.

Depends on how the writers proceed with this. Marriage is dissolved with death but once Jean comes back, Im sure she'd have her death certificate invalidated. Scott's too for that matter when he comes back. If they are no longer legally dead, then they might still be legally married. Its really a matter of paperwork and if either cares to handle it

Scott should count himself lucky to have a woman like Emma love him like she did. Their relationship was great until Marvel deiced to run it into the ground when they were trying to tank the X-Men franchise. After going through so much it was sad to see what they did with them.

I imagine that Scott is going to remain dead for a while longer to give enough time for Jean and Logan to have their fling. They way they killed Scott off was so pathetic. Still, I just don't get the people that think the awful Logan/Storm romance is going to stand in its way. It was a pointless romance that added nothing to either character as their relationship will always be based around friendship first. I imagine a big portion of creators at Marvel look at Jean as being the love of Logan's life and that will probably get realized in the upcoming stories. After that happens I don't know what they will do with him or Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    So what you're saying is you have no issue with Jean being a cheating adulteress? Sounds like you don't know her character at all seeing as that was totally ooc.

are you going to acknowledge your hypocrisy RE complaining about Scott betraying Jean when she betrayed him multiple times? Also don't you think it's ridiculous of you to say that someone who was just possessed by an ancient evil for many months being in a dark place was being overly dramatic is frankly, ridiculous? Or is Jean just being overly dramatic when she has one of her Dark Phoenix moments?
    Hindsight being what it is, Jean absolutely should have propositioned Logan earlier. Not hard to see why. Also, Jean never whined and let what happened as Dark Phoenix excuse any of her actions, neither as Dark Phoenix nor after.

Scott wasn't possessed anymore. Jean had already fought to save him from that. He was just whining as if no other X-Man ever had to deal with a cosmic entity or possession before. Being overly dramatic.

X-Men get possessed every other week. He should have been thankful to even be alive. Hopefully, Jean will be thankful for life when she returns and hopefully she'll live it to the fullest, with no boring, settled, "destined" marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I imagine a big portion of creators at Marvel look at Jean as being the love of Logan's life and that will probably get realized in the upcoming stories. After that happens I don't know what they will do with him or Emma.
    I don't think Marvel has ever given any indication that they want Jean and Logan together. I wouldn't be against obviously, but it aint gonna happen.

I'd bet money Logan won't even spend much time with the X-Men. He's gonna be the new Rogue.

There's Avengers comics to sell, after all.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 09-30-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Scott should count himself lucky to have a woman like Emma love him like she did. Their relationship was great until Marvel deiced to run it into the ground when they were trying to tank the X-Men franchise. After going through so much it was sad to see what they did with them.

I imagine that Scott is going to remain dead for a while longer to give enough time for Jean and Logan to have their fling. They way they killed Scott off was so pathetic. Still, I just don't get the people that think the awful Logan/Storm romance is going to stand in its way. It was a pointless romance that added nothing to either character as their relationship will always be based around friendship first. I imagine a big portion of creators at Marvel look at Jean as being the love of Logan's life and that will probably get realized in the upcoming stories. After that happens I don't know what they will do with him or Emma.
    Agreed. Scott and Emma was pretty great at one point. A lot of the folks around here seem to hate Cyke and want him to be a monk. He's never been a monk, even back in the 80's so I don't know where that comes from. As for Emma, everyone seems to think she should stay away from Cyke. I understand the feeling given how it all went. If they knew anything about Emma and what she's said and done on panel since 2004, they'd know that's not going to happen. If Cyke comes back I predict the only one who would stand in the way is Jean or Cyke himself.

As far as Jean and Logan well. I don't know what Marvel will decide their. If they want to put the two of them together I suppose that's their right. It better happen because Scott encouraged it from the grave though. And their first kiss had better be over Scott gravestone on Muir Island. Turn about and fair play and all that.

Before Bendis you had a mean girl who was absolutely loyal to Scott. After Bendis you have a mean girl that would betray the one person that loves her for Fish D, and THEN be absolutely loyal to Scott again. If anything, it doesnt make sense (✖╭╮✖)
    God damn I miss Scott and Emma.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i really can't take jean and scott again, at least not for the nest 5 or 10 years. It really destroyed Scott for me.
    I want jean out of relationships with x-men

Logan never stabbed her on the back
    Of course not. There was only real love between them...

"We" missed you, Logan... LOL

BANNED

Hindsight being what it is, Jean absolutely should have propositioned Logan earlier. Not hard to see why. Also, Jean never whined and let what happened as Dark Phoenix excuse any of her actions, neither as Dark Phoenix nor after.

Scott wasn't possessed anymore. Jean had already fought to save him from that. He was just whining as if no other X-Man ever had to deal with a cosmic entity or possession before. Being overly dramatic.

X-Men get possessed every other week. He should have been thankful to even be alive. Hopefully, Jean will be thankful for life when she returns and hopefully she'll live it to the fullest, with no boring, settled, "destined" marriage.
    She didn't have to seeing as editorial retconned it into not being her thus absolving her of all responsibility anyway. Your comments about him whining are ridiculous given that well, have you ever been possessed by an ancient evil being for months thus changing your entire perception of reality? If not, then you can't really comment can you? Hand waving it off is just your bias showing.

No he wasn't possessed anymore but he was still feeling the affects of the possession. Didn't Logan get a free pass for killing Northstar because he was possessed or whatever? It can't be one rule of one character and another for another character or else it's basically just your bias talking.

BANNED

It's true. Logan wouldn't betray her. And she would be able to have stories about other things besides giving her boyfriend pep talks and how insecure her boyfriend is about her powers.

Time for something new.

Unfortunately, they are going to take the HUGEST dump on Scott/Emma and then do Jott again. That's part of why Emma is a villain again, actually.
    Of course not, she betrayed Scott with Logan. LOL

That's why she's coming back to Logan. I hope Scott stays away from her.