View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    LOL if this was a gender swap we would nver have this conversation, because everyone would blame the woman specially if she did like emoclops did. If Jean went forward, it would be all on cyclops.
    Do you think I would let my GF or BF just running away alone out there? U love someone, u take care of them

Psycj=hic is just as real as phisical, just take a look on Legion. The sex is done on psychic plane because on the real they can't touch eachother.
    if it was just thoughts Jean would be histerical for no reason at all. who never fantasized about other people?
    u just doing in cycles to excuse cyclops.

u are bashing jean, because you are being unfair to her saying she did things that she never done.

yes there is a blameness person on the trio and her name is jean

Jean doesn't own scott a single thing. People bash Jean for anything, because they think Scott owns her

I hate jean because she will date other people that isn't scott-- a 4 channer probably
    That was my point. If the genders are swapped, and everyone blamed Sarah (Scott) for having a psychic affair but not John (Jean) for kissing another woman, it would be sexist. So why isn't it sexist to excuse Jean and blame only Scott?

Legion the show? I would like more context. Regardless, what you are suggesting amounts to thought control, Jean and Scott are not allowed to find other people attractive or think about being with other people. Except, you seem to be arguing that Jean has never found anyone other than Scott attractive, and has never thought about being with anyone else, and that's why Scott is the worst. I'm not excusing Scott, he made a mistake, and he was wrong.

If I bring up bad things that Jean has done, I'm bashing her?

Jean is not blameless.

Look I would agree with your last point, but they're talking about the time-displaced, O5 Jeen (teen Jean) and Tyke. And when it comes to Jeen, she has been completely unfair to Tyke. She will kiss other boys, which of course is fine, she doesn't belong to Tyke. However, she can't stand it if he finds someone else attractive and continues to send him mixed signals. She's acted possessive of him, not the other way around. Jeen is a completely pale imitation of the true Jean, with almost none of her redeeming qualities.

Every character receives unfair bashing, but that is not what I'm doing. My messages very clearly show how I'm attempting to remain impartial.

I would take Jean over Jeen any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That was my point. If the genders are swapped, and everyone blamed Sarah (Scott) for having a psychic affair but not John (Jean) for kissing another woman, it would be sexist. So why isn't it sexist to excuse Jean and blame only Scott?
    because it isn't, it was scott that cheated on jean. She never cheated on him.
    I mean, it is really bad on scott

Legion the show? I would like more context. Regardless, what you are suggesting amounts to thought control, Jean and Scott are not allowed to find other people attractive or think about being with other people. Except, you seem to be arguing that Jean has never found anyone other than Scott attractive, and has never thought about being with anyone else, and that's why Scott is the worst. I'm not excusing Scott, he made a mistake, and he was wrong.
    the context is: david girlfriend has powers that make them swap bodies when they touch, so it is dangerous to touch each other . David solution is take her to psychic plane so they can be intimate without bothering with the body swap. It just feels as real
    i never suggested anything. they can find other people attractive, but have psychic sex? no way. that is cheating, u don't need the bodies to do it.
    yes he made a mistake and he was wrong, not so hard to say huh?

If I bring up bad things that Jean has done, I'm bashing her?
    Jean hasn't sone almost everything you bring up, so it is really bashing

Jean is not blameless.
    she is blameless, she did nothing to deserve being cheated. If you think she deserve to be cheated you are so wrong.

Look I would agree with your last point, but they're talking about the time-displaced, O5 Jeen (teen Jean) and Tyke. And when it comes to Jeen, she has been completely unfair to Tyke. She will kiss other boys, which of course is fine, she doesn't belong to Tyke. However, she can't stand it if he finds someone else attractive and continues to send him mixed signals. She's acted possessive of him, not the other way around. Jeen is a completely pale imitation of the true Jean, with almost none of her redeeming qualities.
    I don't think she was any unfair to him. He doesn't own her and she doesn't owe a thing to him. She can do anything she want and she is right to do it. She never send him mixed signals, she can be attracted to him but let it pretty clear she doesn't want him. At least until last issues of blue.
    Jeen never acted any possessive of cyke, you are just inventing things to make Jeen look bad.

Every character receives unfair bashing, but that is not what I'm doing. My messages very clearly show how I'm attempting to remain impartial.

I would take Jean over Jeen any day.
    it's what you are doing.

both jeen and jean have a defect: they are attracted to cyclops. Beyond that, I think Jeen has a lot more atitude than Jean.

You're allowing your bias to show.
    I don't have bias.

Logan is immune to telepathy, she would have no way of knowing that her advances would be turned down by the guy who'd been after her for years.
    Telepathy is not the only way to know, Jean really knew everything about Logan because he was a open book to her

I wasn't saying that Emma could've coerced Scott into a relationship, but she's a telepath and if she knew that he had made up his mind to leave Jean, she would've called him out on that.
    why would emma call scott out if he left Jean? LOl she is emma and amoral, she would just love it.

Jean shouldn't have given up trying to get through to Scott and Scott should've been willing to let her help.
    she didn't gave up. but if one doesn't want to open, u can't force that. People have to do it willingly on their own time. If scott went to a woman that uses lingerie and looked like a stripper he wanted to cheat

Criticism of a character's actions is not unfair treatment. I could share my criticism of all X-Men, Cyclops included, if you like.
    if you wanted to criticize cyclops or x-men you would do without me asking u to do

Again, if the genders are flipped, Jean would still be wrong. In fact, a man doing what Jean did would be massively criticized. That's the real double-standard.
    I don't know how she would be wrong, she never cheated on anyone

We don't get to choose what's canon, so unfortunately, HCT counts. Scott has done plenty wrong, and I don't say it doesn't count because I disagree with how the character was handled.

Could we all just apply a little honesty and admit that Jean isn't blameless?
    I doubt any writer ever referenced HCT as canon, it happened but it doesn't mean it is in continuity, since it doesn't make any sense.

she is blameless, and I'm being honest. this is the only place the person that is cheated is to blame when she did nothing wrong
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-01-2017 at 06:49 PM.

because it isn't, it was scott that cheated on jean. She never cheated on him.
    I mean, it is really bad on scott

the context is: david girlfriend has powers that make them swap bodies when they touch, so it is dangerous to touch each other . David solution is take her to psychic plane so they can be intimate without bothering with the body swap. It just feels as real
    i never suggested anything. they can find other people attractive, but have psychic sex? no way. that is cheating, u don't need the bodies to do it.
    yes he made a mistake and he was wrong, not so hard to say huh?

Jean hasn't sone almost everything you bring up, so it is really bashing

she is blameless, she did nothing to deserve being cheated. If you think she deserve to be cheated you are so wrong.

I don't think she was any unfair to him. He doesn't own her and she doesn't owe a thing to him. She can do anything she want and she is right to do it. She never send him mixed signals, she can be attracted to him but let it pretty clear she doesn't want him. At least until last issues of blue.
    Jeen never acted any possessive of cyke, you are just inventing things to make Jeen look bad.

it's what you are doing.

both jeen and jean have a defect: they are attracted to cyclops. Beyond that, I think Jeen has a lot more atitude than Jean.

I don't have bias.

Telepathy is not the only way to know, Jean really knew everything about Logan because he was a open book to her

why would emma call scott out if he left Jean? LOl she is emma and amoral, she would just love it.

she didn't gave up. but if one doesn't want to open, u can't force that. People have to do it willingly on their own time. If scott went to a woman that uses lingerie and looked like a stripper he wanted to cheat

if you wanted to criticize cyclops or x-men you would do without me asking u to do

I don't know how she would be wrong, she never cheated on anyone

I doubt any writer ever referenced HCT as canon, it happened but it doesn't mean it is in continuity, since it doesn't make any sense.

she is blameless, and I'm being honest. this is the only place the person that is cheated is to blame when she did nothing wrong
    I admit that I don't understand how a psychic affair is equal to a physical one.

Logan's previous characterization was someone who did not respect Jean's relationship.

My point was that Emma, with her telepathy, would know if Scott had decided to leave Jean, and would've gloated about it, done everything she could to make him admit it. Jean was dead, as far as Emma was concerned she had won, so why not make Scott admit he wanted Emma and not Jean?

Jean's previous characterization wouldn't have let Scott stay depressed. She simply wouldn't, she never gave up on him before.

The issue is about Jean, and I have admitted that Scott and Emma are not blameless, so I have no reason to simply criticize them or anyone else.

Physically kissing is not cheating but psychic affairs are. Got it.

Unfortunately, HCT is canon, it doesn't matter that we don't like it or that it doesn't make sense. No one has directly retconned the story, so it remains canon. Deal with it.

In the last issue of ANXM v2, Jeen had her arms around Tyke's back with her face on his back, extremely intimate, and was surprised he took that to mean that she wanted to pursue a relationship with him? She abuses her powers, played with Beast and Tyke, and she's supposed to be a heroine?

Jean threw herself at Wolverine. That scene literally kicked off Scott/Emma. Why does everyone forget that?
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Fantastic Member

u only post the same pics that proof she never cheated on scott, that is th emost funny thing
    So my girlfriend is kissing someone else, according to you, she's not cheating on me.
    but if I imagine having sex with another girl, I'm cheating on my girlfriend, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    One of my all time favourite panelsAttachment 55471
    this is still the best thing to ever happen
    Rant
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Jean is not blameless.

they need to stop using fake jean as a vehicle for trashing Tyclops. They need to seperate the two of them completely. Different books different love interests.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

And I hope teen Scott will get together with teen jean and cheat on her as well so it will be two for two!
    jimmy's dad already slept with Ultimate Jean. So did and Jimmy. Let me guess...real Wolverine will finally get to f real Jean Grey.
    Last edited by oldscottsummers; 10-02-2017 at 02:50 AM.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Attachment 55468

I want Scott to make her feel like he did in here(and I don't condone cheating either but I really hate the jean character)

At this point, isn't it just a harem for fake Jean?
    poor tyke. the only thing she does is getting horny for other dudes.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Cyclops and Jean. Their marriage was always on the rocks. In the 90s Psylocke tried seducing Cyclops.

I don't know a more toxic pairing/marriage than Cyclops and Jean Grey-Summers.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Cyclops and Jean. Their marriage was always on the rocks. In the 90s Psylocke tried seducing Cyclops.

That was before their marriage but nvm.... And it had end up with Jean and Scott being closer so...

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Scemma is way more toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Scemma is way more toxic.
    Yup. Scemma is way more toxic since the beginning until the end.

Look, I think we can all agree that it's unfortunate that Jean has been written by Logan fanboys who decided to retcon that she and Logan have some UST between them. And Morisson can't seem to help but use the comics medium as a platform for his multi-layered essays on the human condition. Sometimes his work is phenomenal, other times it isn't. There were some great concepts introduced in his run, and I wasn't happy that Jean and Scott were broken up the way they were.

If Marvel is at all concerned about telling quality stories, the four have issues that need addressing before any thoughts of potential relationships can happen.

I admit that I don't understand how a psychic affair is equal to a physical one.
    because it is just real as the phisical one. there isn't any difference.

[/quote]Logan's previous characterization was someone who did not respect Jean's relationship.[/quote]

not when they got married, Logan accepted jean and scott as a couple and stopped trying to hook up with jean

My point was that Emma, with her telepathy, would know if Scott had decided to leave Jean, and would've gloated about it, done everything she could to make him admit it. Jean was dead, as far as Emma was concerned she had won, so why not make Scott admit he wanted Emma and not Jean?
    on a comic Scott sayus that he loves Emma and that he choose her. It was after Morrison run.

Jean's previous characterization wouldn't have let Scott stay depressed. She simply wouldn't, she never gave up on him before.
    Jean can't make anyone doesn't feel depressed. stop with this garbage that it is jean fault emoclops was depressed.

The issue is about Jean, and I have admitted that Scott and Emma are not blameless, so I have no reason to simply criticize them or anyone else.
    but you keep blaming jean for things she had no control, this way u make jean look guilt when she was inocent all the time.

Physically kissing is not cheating but psychic affairs are. Got it.
    of course. I would never be mad if my GF just kissed once because I wasn't satisfying her, it would be my fault

Unfortunately, HCT is canon, it doesn't matter that we don't like it or that it doesn't make sense. No one has directly retconned the story, so it remains canon. Deal with it.
    Scott said he choose Emma and it ws never reference. It still is a open plot to be resolved when Jean come back

In the last issue of ANXM v2, Jeen had her arms around Tyke's back with her face on his back, extremely intimate, and was surprised he took that to mean that she wanted to pursue a relationship with him? She abuses her powers, played with Beast and Tyke, and she's supposed to be a heroine?
    Some friends are touch feely and are pretty intimate. Jean thought she could do it with Tyke, since they are best friends,. Not big deal here
    she never played with beast or Tyke.
    How can scott be a hero, he abandoned his wife and son, then cheated on his another wife? LOL

At this point, isn't it just a harem for fake Jean?
    poor tyke. the only thing she does is getting horny for other dudes.
    people here sometimes looks just like a 15 year old 4 channer.

already said: Jean doesn't own tyke a single thing. she live her own life, if Tyke is waiting for her to do the move, he should man the hell up.

I noted the sexism here to always blame Jean for all Cyclops problem. people just look at his problems

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    So my girlfriend is kissing someone else, according to you, she's not cheating on me.
    but if I imagine having sex with another girl, I'm cheating on my girlfriend, right?
    one kiss that the other guy initiate? it isn't. one kissbecause you are not being her boyfriend? not cheating.

never said anything about imagining having sex, u just trying to protect cyclops ahahah
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-02-2017 at 07:00 AM.