View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Then why didn't he take Maddie with him, and at the time he and Maddie were married and he had retired from the X-Men, and in the end Scott chose the possibility of Jean over the fact of his wife and child...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because he did walk out on her and their child, he put Jean and the X-Men before his own wife and unborn child and only seemed to remember that they existed after he'd had his time with Jean and the X-Men...
    Maddie didn't need to give Scott an ultimatum though did she? Can you agree that didn't help the situation?

I'm not defending what he did. I'm suggesting that Maddie made it permanent.

Ultimate Member

It didn't help the situation but I can understand why she did it and say that it wasn't wrong of her to give him that ultimatum...not sure many pregnant women would just let their husband go run off to check to see if his great love was alive again...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Then why didn't he take Maddie with him, and at the time he and Maddie were married and he had retired from the X-Men, and in the end Scott chose the possibility of Jean over the fact of his wife and child...
    He didn't choose. That was the the tragedy. He went to check up on the resurrected Jean, realized he still had feelings for her and spent the early days of X-Factor in a state of numb indecisiveness.

Also, as I said earlier, Maddie was no longer pregnant at this point. The classic Cyclops/Storm duel takes place shortly after Scott has seen his newborn baby for the first time. And that was obviously before the first issue of X-Factor.
    Last edited by Papa Moai; 10-02-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mighty Member

I don't see how Scott could remain married to a woman that turned out to be Jean's clone that was made to procreate with him to create a powerful mutant with both their DNA.

If Jean was alive, Scott wouldn't have fallen in love with and married Maddie.
    If Jean was alive, Maddie wouldn't have been created in the first place.

Claremont made Maddie look just like Jean to give Scott a happy love ending and send him off to semi-retirement.
    Maddie looked like Jean so much that Ilandra attacked her because she thought she was Jean.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I don't see how Scott could remain married to a woman that turned out to be Jean's clone that was made to procreate with him to create a powerful mutant with both their DNA.

If Jean was alive, Scott wouldn't have fallen in love with and married Maddie.
    If Jean was alive, Maddie wouldn't have been created in the first place.

Claremont made Maddie look just like Jean to give Scott a happy love ending and send him off to semi-retirement.
    Maddie looked like Jean so much that Ilandra attacked her because she thought she was Jean.
    I read that he wanted to lobotomize (make her lost her power) Jean after DPS then let Jean and Scott married but the other people didn't wanted that, she had to pay for the ppl she had killed that's why they killed her and why he created Maddie.

But yes, if Jean had been alive Maddie wouldn't had been here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I read that he wanted to lobotomize (make her lost her power) Jean after DPS then let Jean and Scott married but the other people didn't wanted that, she had to pay for the ppl she had killed that's why they killed her and why he created Maddie.

But yes, if Jean had been alive Maddie wouldn't had been here.
    I thought Claremont making Jean destroy a populated solar system was very foolish.
    He really written her into a corner.
    Of course, Shooter wanted Jean to pay the ultimate price - death.

Jean could have went Dark Phoenix, and the love of Scott and their friends could have helped bring her back before she went off into space and killed.
    the psychic battle between Xavier (with Jean helping) and Dark Phoenix would also play a part into that too.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I thought Claremont making Jean destroy a populated solar system was very foolish.

Jean could have went Dark Phoenix, and the love of Scott and their friends could have helped bring her back before she went off into space and killed.
    the psychic battle between Xavier (with Jean helping) and Dark Phoenix would also play a part into that too.
    Claremont had her destroy solar system as a way of letting us see how power and instinctive she became. The solar system and the inhabitants were a second thought like ants to Jean because she only sought after the lust given to her by the destruction and chaos she caused.

Yes, Claremont painted himself into a corner with Jean but only if she ever came back. After her death the real mistake happened and that was Maddie. The entire premise of Scott falling for an obvious clone of his dead love was just shortsighted. Claremont must have suspect once Shooter overruled him, that Jean could be brought back to life at some point in the future, and he might not have the power to stop it. By creating the Maddie situation he set the stage for Scott's moral death warrant. Shooter just signed it when he authorized her to be brought back.

But we know all this. The Emma\Scott situation was similarly allowed to go ahead. Although I appreciated their relationship down the road, how it came to be was an absolute travesty. Ultimately it's a trap for both Jean and Scott. Because too much has been depicted of how deep their love was once, anytime their alive at the same time they are almost forced to be together, to the detriment of whomever is romantically linked at the time. So either Marvel has to keep one of them dead at all times or they have to ultimately resolve this problem, either but putting them together for good or breaking them up for good.

Claremont wasnt responsible for that. The solar system was uninhabited in his script. Byrne drew the D'bari people and Claremont was forced to narrate the scene that was drawn. Stuff like that was responsible for the conflict between both creators
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-02-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes, Claremont painted himself into a corner with Jean but only if she ever came back. After her death the real mistake happened and that was Maddie. The entire premise of Scott falling for an obvious clone of his dead love was just shortsighted. Claremont must have suspect once Shooter overruled him, that Jean could be brought back to life at some point in the future, and he might not have the power to stop it. By creating the Maddie situation he set the stage for Scott's moral death warrant. Shooter just signed it when he authorized her to be brought back.

But we know all this. The Emma\Scott situation was similarly allowed to go ahead. Although I appreciated their relationship down the road, how it came to be was an absolute travesty. Ultimately it's a trap for both Jean and Scott. Because too much has been depicted of how deep their love was once, anytime their alive at the same time they are almost forced to be together, to the detriment of whomever is romantically linked at the time. So either Marvel has to keep one of them dead at all times or they have to ultimately resolve this problem, either but putting them together for good or breaking them up for good.
    Great point, I also appreciated Scemma but disliked how it came to be.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    because it is just real as the phisical one. there isn't any difference.

Logan's previous characterization was someone who did not respect Jean's relationship.[/quote]

not when they got married, Logan accepted jean and scott as a couple and stopped trying to hook up with jean

on a comic Scott sayus that he loves Emma and that he choose her. It was after Morrison run.

Jean can't make anyone doesn't feel depressed. stop with this garbage that it is jean fault emoclops was depressed.

but you keep blaming jean for things she had no control, this way u make jean look guilt when she was inocent all the time.

of course. I would never be mad if my GF just kissed once because I wasn't satisfying her, it would be my fault

Scott said he choose Emma and it ws never reference. It still is a open plot to be resolved when Jean come back

Some friends are touch feely and are pretty intimate. Jean thought she could do it with Tyke, since they are best friends,. Not big deal here
    she never played with beast or Tyke.
    How can scott be a hero, he abandoned his wife and son, then cheated on his another wife? LOL

people here sometimes looks just like a 15 year old 4 channer.

already said: Jean doesn't own tyke a single thing. she live her own life, if Tyke is waiting for her to do the move, he should man the hell up.

I noted the sexism here to always blame Jean for all Cyclops problem. people just look at his problems

one kiss that the other guy initiate? it isn't. one kissbecause you are not being her boyfriend? not cheating.

never said anything about imagining having sex, u just trying to protect cyclops ahahah[/QUOTE]

I do not want to protect anyone, I just try to understand your point of view, you have a very severe opinion of the situation.
    then, according to your point of view.
    In the first Secret War, Logan and Colossus have sex with native people of the planet, (the native girl had a kid from Logan) we know what happened with Peter and Kitty, but, did Logan betray Mariko?
    Greg Rucka, created a journalist I think, Logan's love interest, this one has wet dreams with Jean, is he unfaithful or not?
    Melita struggles for Logan's soul, does she watch Logan's fantasies, unfaithful or not?
    then, we judge "the situation" as something aberrant or there are acceptable levels in some characters.

I don't quite sure but hating Cyclops is kind of a silly at this point.
    People just won't shut up about making out with Emma Frost on Jean's grave and abandoning his wife. oh...the usual.... What a poor excuse for a human being. lol He wasn't a perfect hero, he's not suppose to be, and he never will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I do not want to protect anyone, I just try to understand your point of view, you have a very severe opinion of the situation.
    then, according to your point of view.
    In the first Secret War, Logan and Colossus have sex with native people of the planet, (the native girl had a kid from Logan) we know what happened with Peter and Kitty, but, did Logan betray Mariko?
    Greg Rucka, created a journalist I think, Logan's love interest, this one has wet dreams with Jean, is he unfaithful or not?
    Melita struggles for Logan's soul, does she watch Logan's fantasies, unfaithful or not?
    then, we judge "the situation" as something aberrant or there are acceptable levels in some characters.
    wet dreams are not liek a psyckic affair. IdK why people keed insisting on this,. dreams just happen, psychic affair happen because they really wanted to cheat and just feels like it is real. It is just a affair

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    wet dreams are not liek a psyckic affair. IdK why people keed insisting on this,. dreams just happen, psychic affair happen because they really wanted to cheat and just feels like it is real. It is just a affair

I think some people confusing psychic phenomena with imagination and dreams.

I am actually a New Ager that actually believes in the validity of this stuff whether it's Astrology, Numerology, Tarot, Oracle Cards, Channeling, Mediumism, and any other stuff lumped under the New Age umbrella.
    I see nothing wrong with the occult and metaphysical.
    I am not a member of any organized religion.
    I am a pantheist that believes in reincarnation as well as a member of Great Northwest Pagan Association here in the Puget Sound area.

https://outofbodyecstasy.com/telepathic-sex/
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-03-2017 at 07:27 AM.