View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Something occurred to me on the drive home today... There's really no good reason for Marvel to bring Cyke back. I don't just mean now, I mean like ever. All his stories can be told through other characters now. Simpler, less messy characters. His return would be complicated and disruptive, and more than that, Marvel doesn't even know who they want Cyke to be anymore. Besides, a morality tale, everyone can point to and say "If you keep doing what your doing your going to end up like Scott". Having re-read the end of Uncanny up to 600 it's clear that Marvel burned ever last bridge this character had. Death was the only story left to tell.

Of course this is all true for Jean as well, and it seems she'll be back soon, so there's some cause for hope I guess. Of course she didn't die in disgrace so there's that. She's been gone so long, her coming back doesn't even seem real. Maybe that's how long Cyke will need to be gone for.

I'm going to settle in for a very long wait and keep my expectations on this front as low as possible.
    Scott didn't die in disgrace, he was right. The X-Men don't deserve Scott Summers. That's the true.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Scott didn't die in disgrace, he was right. The X-Men don't deserve Scott Summers. That's the true.
    Ok, put another way... Jean shuffled off the mortal coil with the love of friends and teammates. Scott dies and only "crazy" Emma is left to mourn him. Marvel made sure that nearly everyone who should have supported Scott, had a reason to doubt him or abandon him. He may have been right CC, but it doesn't mean what he did was right. Scott did what ever the hell he wanted, and yes he did it for mutants and he did it because he saw things no other x-man was willing to face. Unfortunately because of the way he did it, and the reactions of those around him, he ended up having to fight essentially alone and as a renegade. What a damn travesty.

BANNED

Ok, put another way... Jean shuffled off the mortal coil with the love of friends and teammates. Scott dies and only "crazy" Emma is left to mourn him. Marvel made sure that nearly everyone who should have supported Scott, had a reason to doubt him or abandon him. He may have been right CC, but it doesn't mean what he did was right. Scott did what ever the hell he wanted, and yes he did it for mutants and he did it because he saw things no other x-man was willing to face. Unfortunately because of the way he did it, and the reactions of those around him, he ended up having to fight essentially alone and as a renegade. What a damn travesty.
    Nope, Scott Summers was right. That's the true.

BANNED

It fits he's character to say screw it all and just what's needs to be done even if it means never to be loved again scott always know what was at stake

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Boy, that's a sad thought. I disagree that there's no unique stories left to tell with the character and his death was handled very poorly, but you're right about basically everything else. I don't think that Cyke will be back soon, and I think it'll be interesting to see Jean in a world without him, since he's always been there when she returns.

And if Scott turns out to be the only X-Man in history to never be brought back, I don't know if I'll have to laugh or cry. Maybe both.
    Maybe that will be his legacy now. If so, it's not so bad to go out a divisive figure, that died for mutants. I doubt at least, that the conversations will ever die down so the characters functionally immortal.

A lot of the stories left for Scott could be told through Emma I think. Lord knows she needs a chance for redemption and acceptance even more than Cyke did. The X-Men also need someone who will look out for their security when they become a little too idealistic. I also thought that was the role Scott played. If Emma can get any respect back, maybe she could fill that role. Emma and Jean could represent a balance between Charles idealism and Erik's willingness to act. Who knows?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    It fits he's character to say screw it all and just what's needs to be done even if it means never to be loved again scott always know what was at stake
    Yep. Funny you're a Green Lantern fan, I've heard Scott be described as his DC parallel at times. Don't know much about him though.

BANNED

X-Terrorists

Last edited by CuteClops; 10-03-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Yes, in the end that was true wasn't it. Once upon a time it was less true but with Charles and Jean gone, and mutants on the edge, it became the only way. Thinking back, Scott never really cared about being popular. He just wanted to make sure everyone was reading for what was to come. I actually don't think a lot of other x-men really loved him, a few did I suspect, but everyone respected him. I guess it's been tough to read all the hate these last 5 or so years as that respect was washed away.

BANNED

It was the only way for him now he deserves a little rest for a while his salvation now is to sleep and have sweet dreams

BANNED

Yes, in the end that was true wasn't it. Once upon a time it was less true but with Charles and Jean gone, and mutants on the edge, it became the only way. Thinking back, Scott never really cared about being popular. He just wanted to make sure everyone was reading for what was to come. I actually don't think a lot of other x-men really loved him, a few did I suspect, but everyone respected him. I guess it's been tough to read all the hate these last 5 or so years as that respect was washed away.
    But when you sign up to be a Cyclops fan, you know it's gonna be rough. That's part of the appeal in a way.

It was the only way for him now he deserves a little rest for a while his salvation now is to sleep and have sweet dreams
    You know it's bad for a character when death is preferable to living. The problem is Marvel just won't give up. Even well after his death their still going after him, mostly through Tyke. That's why I really want him gone, so one of the most convenient mouthpieces and recipients of Cyke hate will be unavailable to the x-office. Of course he's the only incarnation of Scott around so I'll probably be sad when the loser gets shuffled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    But when you sign up to be a Cyclops fan, you know it's gonna be rough. That's part of the appeal in a way.
    I suppose that's why we are Cyke fans for sure. Paper mirrors and all that. Wow, never really thought I'd be signing up for the sadomasochism club. It's free and there's donuts though so, see you at the next meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    X-Terrorists

I think Jim Lee is under appreciated. The x-men look awesome in this panel.

BANNED

I actually like tyke it's refreshing to have a version of Scott that is still unaffected by the cruel things his adult counterpart had to suffer plus it will be interesting to see where his character will be evolved to in the next couple of years

I actually like tyke it's refreshing to have a version of Scott that is still unaffected by the cruel things his adult counterpart had to suffer plus it will be interesting to see where his character will be evolved to in the next couple of years
    That was always the promise of the character. Unfortunately they've build his entire development on not being Cyke. The only thing Scott was ever good at was being Cyke so this effectively makes him the Avater of Suck, and a very different character from the original to boot. I guess down the road the direction could change though. Hope springs eternal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    wet dreams are not liek a psyckic affair. IdK why people keed insisting on this,. dreams just happen, psychic affair happen because they really wanted to cheat and just feels like it is real. It is just a affair
    They are examples, those that my memory remembered at that moment, real sex, dreams with another woman, fantasies.

I want to understand from you, Spirit2011, why you do not have the same rejection by Logan, Colossus, Namor, Sue Storm or other characters who have had sentimental errors.

I do not understand yet, does infidelity bother you? or does Cyclops infidelity bother you?