View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes, in the end that was true wasn't it. Once upon a time it was less true but with Charles and Jean gone, and mutants on the edge, it became the only way. Thinking back, Scott never really cared about being popular. He just wanted to make sure everyone was reading for what was to come. I actually don't think a lot of other x-men really loved him, a few did I suspect, but everyone respected him. I guess it's been tough to read all the hate these last 5 or so years as that respect was washed away.
    Isn't it funny that the man Scott became, the man the X-Men turned their backs to, the man that the superhero community demonized, only came to be because of them? Scott had no regrets about anything he did and was always willing to accept the consequences, but no one else was ever lifted so high and tossed so low by his friends and family. There was always a moral emergency exit for everyone else.

BANNED

Well just look how they are treating Steve after secret empire as the best example LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Scott didn't die in disgrace, he was right. The X-Men don't deserve Scott Summers. That's the true.
    Agreed. And we can say "yeah, the X-Men were written out of character, they wouldn't have abandoned Scott the way they did", but out of character was never a good defense when Scott did something wrong. Scott haters love to point at how he and Emma got together as proof of how bad he is, and OOC wasn't a good defense then.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Well just look how they are treating Steve after secret empire as the best example LOL
    Yeah, but if we bring that up, we're just Cyke-stans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Sure, most of v_jeovanne's examples aren't the same as a psychic affair, but why is everyone ignoring the Secret Wars example? Is it false?
    no, it's not fake, I scan the magazine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    no, it's not fake, I scan the magazine tomorrow.
    I believe you, I just wanted to know why spirit2011 was ignoring that one. Maybe Scott having a psychic affair is worse than other characters actually cheating physically?

Fantastic Member

I believe you, I just wanted to know why spirit2011 was ignoring that one. Maybe Scott having a psychic affair is worse than other characters actually cheating physically?
    I am more interested in knowing why some characters are forgiven more questionable things than others. I do not justify what happened with Scott, but it seems a specific discomfort with Cyclops.

Isn't it funny that the man Scott became, the man the X-Men turned their backs to, the man that the superhero community demonized, only came to be because of them? Scott had no regrets about anything he did and was always willing to accept the consequences, but no one else was ever lifted so high and tossed so low by his friends and family. There was always a moral emergency exit for everyone else.
    This really bring to mind that exchange from the Dark Knight:

James Gordon Jr.: Batman? Batman! Why's he running dad?
    Lt. James Gordon: Because we have to chase him.
    Cop: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!
    James Gordon Jr.: He didn't do anything wrong.
    Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7PSlUuWPs

I feel that this defines his role better than any words I could say at this point. Maybe when time get tough for mutants again, which we know they will, there will again be a place for Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    This really bring to mind that exchange from the Dark Knight:

James Gordon Jr.: Batman? Batman! Why's he running dad?
    Lt. James Gordon: Because we have to chase him.
    Cop: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!
    James Gordon Jr.: He didn't do anything wrong.
    Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7PSlUuWPs

I feel that this defines his role better than any words I could say at this point. Maybe when time get tough for mutants again, which we know they will, there will again be a place for Cyclops.
    Scott was the white knight who believed in the dream but died a dark knight who believed it was more important that others believe in the dream.

Fantastic Member

by the way I have to give an immense apology, I assume full responsibility, I should check if my comment was complete, my comment is cut and Secret War is joined with the Swamp men tribe of Savage land.

"In the first Secret War, Colossus has an affair with a healer of the planet, and in Savage Land Logan and Colossus have illegitimate children with women native to the Swamp men.
    (we know what happened with Peter and Kitty, but,) did Logan betray Mariko?"

Again I apologize for my foolishness.

I don't expect nothing better from Logan,.

Now bringing other charcters won't make Cyclops look any good. He just had a ffair with a woman that helped corrupt Jean and then managed to slut shame Jean. That was vile from his part

I'm sorry when u love a girl the last thing u want to see is them kiss another man
    Jean was low-key s
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't expect nothing better from Logan,.

Now bringing other charcters won't make Cyclops look any good. He just had a ffair with a woman that helped corrupt Jean and then managed to slut shame Jean. That was vile from his part
    1.) No one in-universe slut-shamed Jean. Not Cyclops, not Emma, not Logan, so the affair only tarnished Scott's character.

2.) There are some fans here who might be a little overzealous in defending Scott, but we know Jean's not a slut.

3.) We aren't arguing that their personal lives should be judged equally in the comics, we just want them criticized fairly. Logan's not the only one who's done worse things than Scott, but I don't see the outcry then.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    I'm sorry when u love a girl the last thing u want to see is them kiss another man
    Jean was low-key s

NOTHER GUY KISSED HER, AND IF YOU LOVE A GIRL SO MUCH kiss the hell of her to avoid 3rd party involvements

scott fans should stop calling other women slutties, because Cyclops isn't a angel
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-05-2017 at 06:19 AM.

1.) No one in-universe slut-shamed Jean. Not Cyclops, not Emma, not Logan, so the affair only tarnished Scott's character.

2.) There are some fans here who might be a little overzealous in defending Scott, but we know Jean's not a slut.

3.) We aren't arguing that their personal lives should be judged equally in the comics, we just want them criticized fairly. Logan's not the only one who's done worse things than Scott, but I don't see the outcry then.
    For the 1) you forgot Emma too. She has been kinda "tarnished" since she was supposed to become a hero and what did she does ? Take advantage of a guy who've been mindfuck by Apocalypse etc who came to her for guidance for come back to his wife ? I don't see how you cannot see that he didn't tarnished the character. (well probably because she was a villain before but since the goal of all this was to her becoming a hero I don't see why she became a hero thanks to this)