View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    1.) No one in-universe slut-shamed Jean. Not Cyclops, not Emma, not Logan, so the affair only tarnished Scott's character.
    cyclops did it, where is znop with the scan?

2.) There are some fans here who might be a little overzealous in defending Scott, but we know Jean's not a slut.
    it is called souble standarts, Scott dated around much more than Jean. Jean basically only had one man on her life

3.) We aren't arguing that their personal lives should be judged equally in the comics, we just want them criticized fairly. Logan's not the only one who's done worse things than Scott, but I don't see the outcry then.
    I'm talking about Cyclops here, not colossus or wolverine. Longan is a lot vilified here

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    For the 1) you forgot Emma too. She has been kinda "tarnished" since she was supposed to become a hero and what did she does ? Take advantage of a guy who've been mindfuck by Apocalypse etc who came to her for guidance for come back to his wife ? I don't see how you cannot see that he didn't tarnished the character. (well probably because she was a villain before but since the goal of all this was to her becoming a hero I don't see why she became a hero thanks to this)
    It's not a thanks, it is a perhaps.With Emma is always a perhaps. Emma did a lot of wrong things but people always overlooked because she is like the mean cheerleader of mean girls.

Even teen jean was questioned as hero for minor things that doesn't compare to vile things Emma did
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-05-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    NOTHER GUY KISSED HER, AND IF YOU LOVE A GIRL SO MUCH kiss the hell of her to avoid 3rd party involvements

scott fans should stop calling other women slutties, because Cyclops isn't a angel
    She played with logan's heart, cheated on scott
    ¯\_( ͠° ͟ʖ °͠ )_/¯
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    She played with logan's heart, cheated on scott
    ¯\_( ͠° ͟ʖ °͠ )_/¯
    She never did that. Repeating it won't make it true.

the only slut is scott

She never did that. Repeating it won't make it true.

the only slut is scott

No matter how good you treat Jean Grey. You’ll still get played
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

It's not a thanks, it is a perhaps.With Emma is always a perhaps. Emma did a lot of wrong things but people always overlooked because she is like the mean cheerleader of mean girls.

Even teen jean was questioned as hero for minor things that doesn't compare to vile things Emma did
    I know. But she became really important because she get with Scott by using him when he needed his help, he didn't come to her for their psychic affair.. And it's actually a bad thing. I don't like that. (well we have to thanks Morisson for that but it will change nothing)

For the 1) you forgot Emma too. She has been kinda "tarnished" since she was supposed to become a hero and what did she does ? Take advantage of a guy who've been mindfuck by Apocalypse etc who came to her for guidance for come back to his wife ? I don't see how you cannot see that he didn't tarnished the character. (well probably because she was a villain before but since the goal of all this was to her becoming a hero I don't see why she became a hero thanks to this)
    Emma could only go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Emma could only go up.
    So you can go up with being an ******* and a bitch ? I'll keep that in mind.

So you can go up with being an ******* and a bitch ? I'll keep that in mind.
    No, I meant as a character at that point in time she could only go up. Not countng Gen X of course, but wasn't that largely ignored?

cyclops did it, where is znop with the scan?

it is called souble standarts, Scott dated around much more than Jean. Jean basically only had one man on her life

I'm talking about Cyclops here, not colossus or wolverine. Longan is a lot vilified here

If he did, that's a shame, the affair was bad enough already. I must not have read that book.

Okay, but again, that's not all Scott fans. I don't call Jean a slut, I'm not propagating double-standards. I agree that Jean got the short-end of the stick when it came to romantic potential, but that's one reason I'm upset about the "will they, won't they?" thing that Marvel is pushing with Jeen and Tyke. Let them move on.

All characters should receive the same level of scrutiny and criticism, trying to give Logan a pass because he's "a lot vilified" won't work. I'm sure Scott fans have said "Stop picking on Scott, he's been vilified enough" to which the most common response was likely "He deserves it", so why should that be a point to Logan?

Jeen shouldn't get a free pass for her mistakes just because Emma has done worse. You're saying that Emma has done worse, so let's cut Jeen some slack? Emma is plenty vilified, in-universe and out. Strange, you've been arguing that it's expected that Logan be vilified, so let's make sure to call out Scott. I haven't shied away from Scott's faults, but Jeen is above reproach?