View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I voted no. They were great togather but their time has come and gone. They should move on without each other and into new stories.

Of course this is comics and characters usually aren't allowed to escape having the same boyfriend/girlfriend no matter how little sense it makes.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

One of the big things that bugged me so much was the idea Scott's death would turn Emma back into a villain. The idea a man's death would send Emma's morals awol is out of character. When Cyclops died in Bendis's run she has a giant psionic freakout, she doesn't instantly cover it up and hatch little plans.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    He said "I wouldn't touch you with Namors Trident " He clearly was hurt and wanted her not to be part of this (breakdown, prison, depression). Is not like he didn't want her back.
    I get that your a scemma shipper and all, but that doesn't change anything. You can be as hurt as you want it doesn't matter because he has complete control over his words if he wanted her back he could of easily said, "Emma I don't think I talk with you write now." Or something along those lines but he didn't instead he said something hateful indicating he finds her revolting.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I get that your a scemma shipper and all, but that doesn't change anything. You can be as hurt as you want it doesn't matter because he has complete control over his words if he wanted her back he could of easily said, "Emma I don't think I talk with you write now." Or something along those lines but he didn't instead he said something hateful indicating he finds her revolting.

Emma knew Scott was putting up a front.
    the bigger question is why are y’all shipping Scott & Jean?
    plz dont say "cause they iconic”
    ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ their time is over.
    Why people are so against Jean & Logan?
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

BANNED

Scott is dead didn't you know? So how can they get back together?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Scott is dead didn't you know? So how can they get back together?

after he resurrected
    Rant
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Eye roll. If their positions were reversed you can bet Emma would have said something much worse, and have been just as conflicted as Cyke was. This broken pair somehow managed to stick together after AvX until his death. I'm not saying there weren't huge issues, but I think they still cared for each other right to the end. Sometimes personal loyalty can create stronger relationships than simple passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    One of the big things that bugged me so much was the idea Scott's death would turn Emma back into a villain. The idea a man's death would send Emma's morals awol is out of character. When Cyclops died in Bendis's run she has a giant psionic freakout, she doesn't instantly cover it up and hatch little plans.
    This isn't black and white like your implying. Emma tends to employ extreme methods to get things done. She knew that Scott wouldn't tolerate that. Because she loved him and wanted to be with him she moderated her style. He did the same thing. So he became a little more extreme, her a little less. Remove that check on Emma's natural instincts, add in pretty epic level of grief, plus a pinch of Emma's damaged psyche and it's not a huge stretch to imagine her taking extreme steps. Some of the stuff they did with her and Tyke in blue was over the top though, that's for sure. And frankly if she were getting extreme on anyone it should be the royal family, but comics.

Everything is possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    after he resurrected
    Oh! sorry. Im so embarassed.

I want them together forever. Because if they wont be together, Cyclops will be paired to another lady

Mighty Member

Imho NO

but
    it's really up to Marvel.
    After all, they control the characters.
    They can do whatever they want with them even if it pisses off a lot of readers.

I don't want Cyclops with Emma.
    I never liked that pairing in the first place.
    I just don't like Emma.
    I don't see how Cyclops can be with a woman that took advantage of his vulnerability as well as was responsible for Dark Phoenix.
    They had to change Cyclops to be with that woman.
    I prefer the boyscout Cyclops back.
    I prefer Cyclops to be with Jean and vice versa.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-29-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Imho NO

but
    it's really up to Marvel.
    After all, they control the characters.
    They can do whatever they want with them even if it pisses of a lot of readers.

I don't want Cyclops with Emma.
    I never liked that pairing in the first place.
    I just don't like Emma.
    I don't see how Cyclops can be with a woman that took advantage of his vulnerability as well as was responsible for Dark Phoenix.
    They had to change Cyclops to be with that woman.
    I prefer the boyscout Cyclops back.
    I prefer Cyclops to be with Jean and vice versa.
    Jean, Cyclops AND Logan, don't forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Oh! sorry. Im so embarassed.

I want them together forever. Because if they wont be together, Cyclops will be paired to another lady

He started to be fun when he did remember he have b@lls and cucked Jean for Emma (◠﹏◠)
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I said no as I think they had the relationship they needed with and from each other during that period, but Scott is currently dead (or his psyche is living in Emma as some say). Even if he is resurrected, I don't think that Emma's actions after his death would sit well with him to start things anew with her. He might understand them, but the Sentinels and experimenting on friends and mutants wouldn't be something he could overlook. Just my two pennies.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Of course they could get back together

- Emma and Scott went through so much together. Post-M Day alone put them through enough trials to prove their relationship was strong
    - They both complimented each other. Scott and Emma brought out the best in each other
    - Bendis Uncanny Run showed although Scott there will always be a place for Jean, he loved Emma
    - Is there one valid good reason to show why they shouldn't be together? Death of X showed Emma is probably the best girlfriend in comic book history. She carried out Scott's Dying wish and stopped the cloud without casualties.