View Poll Results: Can they get back together??

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 31.68%
  • no

46 45.54%
  • it depends...

23 22.77%
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Some people need to admit that Jean also cheated on Scott. that's all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Geeezus, no way in hell. Because iT never EVER happened

For people that always says Jean was so perfect.

If it was Jean that wasn't being a wife to Scott, everybody would blame her for scott cheating on her
    ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jean Grey cheated on Scott Summers, that's the true.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 10-01-2017 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

We'd be in a more interesting place if she had cheated/really wanted to move on. Instead though, we're stuck with Jott again. For no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    How come Wolverine never bragged that she cheated on scott with him? because it never happened

BANNED

How come Wolverine never bragged that she cheated on scott with him? because it never happened

Logan never respected Jean being in a relationship with someone ells.
    Why kissed a woman or tell her she wants him and not her boyfriend.

for some of you is okay Logan doing this because he love Jean... it feels more like lust to me then love.

Emma was no better at this too.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    never happenned, since she always loved cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Logan never respected Jean being in a relationship with someone ells.
    Why kissed a woman or tell her she wants him and not her boyfriend.

for some of you is okay Logan doing this because he love Jean... it feels more like lust to me then love.

Emma was no better at this too.
    Logan stopped pursuing Jean, he accepted she loved and wanted to be with cyclops.

Emma just wanted to mess with Jean, she wasn't even attracted to scott when the cheating started

BANNED

never happenned, since she always loved cyclops
    Riiiight, then Cyclops never cheated on Jean, since he always loved her.

She never thought about that. The kiss on wolverine had nothing to do with cheating with Scott.

I mean, cyclops can lust after Emma and Psylocke, but it is bad that jean is attracted to wolverine?
    double standarts too much?

I think people just like to protect Cyclops and Emma, while trashing Jean for no reason at all. If Jean never cheated on Scott, things get harder for poor scott
    I didn't excuse any of the bad things Cyclops did.

Is kissing someone other than your partner while married no longer considered cheating? Again, I'm not saying it was necessarily in character for her to have done that, but she has.

There is nothing wrong with finding other people attractive, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Scott never acted on those thoughts, did he? Maddie happened when Jean was assumed dead, and Emma was literally just thoughts.

I'm not trashing any character, because I'm sure we have all read a book that did a disservice to our favorites.

Regardless, Scott/Jean/Emma all have unresolved feelings among themselves, and as long as it's resolved well, I wouldn't mind any of them being alone or with whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    But that wasn't why Jean was upset. She was upset with *Emma* for manipulating Scott, it wasn't even about her husband and when she seeks out Logan the entire conversation is about how she feels distant from Scott, how they haven't been intimate for months. I'm not excusing her actions at all, but it wasn't like she was thinking 'ooo Logan's so hot I think I'm going to go cheat on my husband cause Woverine's short, hairy stature really gets me going!' it was more that she felt lonely, she didn't feel close to Scott and she wanted comfort. It was still wrong, I'm not at all saying she was blameless but it doesn't make her this evil, villainous, horrible woman that was cruel to her husband. It made her a lonely, weak human being.
    I don't claim Jean is any of those things, but you yourself admit that what she was doing wasn't totally beyond reproach. When she sought out Wolverine to talk about her marital trouble, what did she think would happen? Wolverine never cared that she was in a relationship before, and she was making herself vulnerable to him. If that's not a subtle invitation, I don't know what is.

The point I believe that Morrison was trying to make was that neither she nor Cyclops were handling their marital troubles properly. Cyclops was actively thinking about being with another woman, that can't be denied, but if Jean actively approached Wolverine with an invitation, how is she any better than Cyclops in this situation?

Now, if you want to say that it was out of character for them to avoid communicating about their marital troubles, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I didn't excuse any of the bad things Cyclops did.

Is kissing someone other than your partner while married no longer considered cheating? Again, I'm not saying it was necessarily in character for her to have done that, but she has.
    Not when is the other perosn who initiate the kiss or the kiss is pure impulse and she doesn't meant it.

There is nothing wrong with finding other people attractive, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Scott never acted on those thoughts, did he? Maddie happened when Jean was assumed dead, and Emma was literally just thoughts.
    Scott/emma wasn't just "just thoughts", Jean was really hurt by it. And if he really thought about choosing emma or jean, it wasn't for sure "just thoughts"

I'm not trashing any character, because I'm sure we have all read a book that did a disservice to our favorites.

Regardless, Scott/Jean/Emma all have unresolved feelings among themselves, and as long as it's resolved well, I wouldn't mind any of them being alone or with whoever.
    People here always more interested on putting jean on the wrong and try to mitigate what Cyclops did, so it is trash a character

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    We'd be in a more interesting place if she had cheated/really wanted to move on. Instead though, we're stuck with Jott again. For no reason.

who is we????

it's definitely not me!!!

I love the Scott and Jean pairing!!!
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't claim Jean is any of those things, but you yourself admit that what she was doing wasn't totally beyond reproach. When she sought out Wolverine to talk about her marital trouble, what did she think would happen? Wolverine never cared that she was in a relationship before, and she was making herself vulnerable to him. If that's not a subtle invitation, I don't know what is.
    Wolverine accepted cyclops and jean as a couple. This is a fact, there isn't any point to contest it. He even said to jean that she would get upset if she wanted to go beyond a kiss with him, because she still loved scott.
    He really respected the couple

The point I believe that Morrison was trying to make was that neither she nor Cyclops were handling their marital troubles properly. Cyclops was actively thinking about being with another woman, that can't be denied, but if Jean actively approached Wolverine with an invitation, how is she any better than Cyclops in this situation?

Now, if you want to say that it was out of character for them to avoid communicating about their marital troubles, I'll give you that.
    She is better than Cyclops because she was never looking into cheating. Wolverine was on eof her best friends, sometimes a kiss can happen on a moment of weakness, but beyond that they resolve it like adults and stopped the wrong thing.

Now Cyclops went further to doing it with Emma, while not fullfilling his duties with his wife.

How any of this put jean on the bad? she was the grown up one, also Wolverine.

Jean tried hard to talk with emoclops about marital problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    why we are stuck with jott again? adult cyclops isn't back. Teen jean and cyclops enjoy rapport but they aren't together yet.

what you know that I don't know?
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-01-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Not when is the other perosn who initiate the kiss or the kiss is pure impulse and she doesn't meant it.

Scott/emma wasn't just "just thoughts", Jean was really hurt by it. And if he really thought about choosing emma or jean, it wasn't for sure "just thoughts"

People here always more interested on putting jean on the wrong and try to mitigate what Cyclops did, so it is trash a character
    It doesn't matter who the initiator is if both parties reciprocate, and "I did it impulsively" has never been a good defense.

Scott/Emma was literally thoughts, confirmed in-universe, by Jean herself. Then in HCT, she's the one who lovingly pushed Cyclops into Emma's arms.

I loved Scott and Jean, and I've dealt with Scott hate. I'm not trying to trash on Jean, and you can see that in my posts I don't defend Cyclops' actions. Just because some critics of Jean trash her, doesn't mean there isn't legitimate criticism.

Wolverine accepted cyclops and jean as a couple. This is a fact, there isn't any point to contest it. He even said to jean that she would get upset if she wanted to go beyond a kiss with him, because she still loved scott.
    He really respected the couple

She is better than Cyclops because she was never looking into cheating. Wolverine was on eof her best friends, sometimes a kiss can happen on a moment of weakness, but beyond that they resolve it like adults and stopped the wrong thing.

Now Cyclops went further to doing it with Emma, while not fullfilling his duties with his wife.

How any of this put jean on the bad? she was the grown up one, also Wolverine.

Jean tried hard to talk with emoclops about marital problems.

why we are stuck with jott again? adult cyclops isn't back. Teen jean and cyclops enjoy rapport but they aren't together yet.

what you know that I don't know?
    Wolverine respected their relationship suddenly, and if he hadn't stopped Jean it's possible things would have gone further.

A kiss is still considered cheating, no? Cyclops was confirmed as never going further than thoughts, and while he wasn't fulfilling his duties, Jean was (out of character) not helping him deal with his Apocalypse PTSD. Unless I misread Morrison's work?