Default Deathstroke 24 Preview/Discussion

Unfortunatelly is only Nu52 kid Wally:

https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/09/28...eathstroke-24/

Not a follower of Deathstroke, though I would like to give it a try down the road. What is the deal with Slade's new costume? Kid Wally is in this, is this a crossover?

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Not a follower of Deathstroke, though I would like to give it a try down the road. What is the deal with Slade's new costume? Kid Wally is in this, is this a crossover?
    Highly recommended this book. It was very deservingly nominated for an Eisner. But start from the beginning. The tpb is out.

As far as Slade's current costume and association with NuWally, it stems from a crossover with the Titans and Teen Titans. The crossover itself was horrible. But the results from Deathstroke have been interesting.

I'll sum up the crossover so you can skip it. I'll use spoiler tags in case you end up reading it.

spoilers:
    Slade tricked NuWally into giving him some of his Speed Force powers. Slade wanted to travel back in time to save his son Grant. Grant was the original Ravager and died trying to kill the Teen Titans. Slade was sucked into the Speed Force itself and was able to have a moment of clarity. Since the Speed Force is basically a 5th dimensional realm, Deathstroke was able to see that killing people for money was fruitless and life should have a deeper meaning. So he is trying to be more heroic and started a super team consisting of teen heroes. He's donning the white costume and recruited NuWally, since Damian booted him from the Teen Titans for allowing Slade to take his powers. But it's obviously doubtful how long Slade can stay benevolent before his true self comes creeping back.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-29-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Looks great!

Also, I don't normally do variant covers, but that one is badass!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Highly recommended this book. It was very deservingly nominated for an Eisner. But start from the beginning. The tpb is out.

As far as Slade's current costume and association with NuWally, it stems from a crossover with the Titans and Teen Titans. The crossover itself was horrible. But the results from Deathstroke have been interesting.

I'll sum up the crossover so you can skip it. I'll use spoiler tags in case you end up reading it.

spoilers:
    Slade tricked NuWally into giving him some of his Speed Force powers. Slade wanted to travel back in time to save his son Grant. Grant was the original Ravager and died trying to kill the Teen Titans. Slade was sucked into the Speed Force itself and was able to have a moment of clarity. Since the Speed Force is basically a 5th dimensional realm, Deathstroke was able to see that killing people for money was fruitless and life should have a deeper meaning. So he is trying to be more heroic and started a super team consisting of teen heroes. He's donning the white costume and recruited NuWally, since Damian booted him from the Teen Titans for allowing Slade to take his powers. But it's obviously doubtful how long Slade can stay benevolent before his true self comes creeping back.
    end of spoilers
    Interesting, thanks for the response. I've heard people praising this book very much. I will give it a go then.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    The beginning confused me with all the back and forth. And I'm still trying to make sense of the subplot with the Hmong assassin and how it'll connect, besides the guy trying to hire Slade.

Of course it ended up being Slade and blanks, teaching Wally another 'tough love' lesson, rather than have him be with blood on his hands from an error in judgement.

Still not sure what the deal is with Terra or Rose's beef with her or the missing sword.

I dunno Wally, I think a few issues ago Joey showed leadership capabilities and an interest in calling the shots on the field.

Wally, Tanya, it's called bisexual or pansexual, but anyway Joey is a bit too old for Tanya, so I'm definitely ok with that remaining a bit of a one sided crush.

LOL Raptor is part of the society? He doesn't seem like the joining type to me. And isn't Killer Frost getting redeemed as part of Justice League of America? Weird to have her there.

This issues... It was a decent character study, but I felt like it was treading in place a bit, besides the cliffhanger ending. Still decent, even if it wasn't my favorite issue.
    end of spoilers

Too focused in Wally II... But I liked the moment with Rose and Jericho laughing of him and another Slade moments...

Rose sword.... I think that this sword is with Slade..

For one moment I throught that Riddler(one ?) kidnapped him but nothing... However, better... enough of Riddler..

Killer Frost here? Too fast for put her with villains again... Who is the guy with Glasses? I forget him...
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-04-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Always Rakzo

Man, this was pretty great. The deep character work continues to shine here and while I'm not particularly excited in seeing Terra's, er, "old relationship" with Slade back, it does offer some complex themes to explore.

Great art from Neves as well.