Spectacular Member

Default Questions about Sony and the Sinister Six.

If Sony decides to make a Sinister Six movie, could they have it take place in the ASM universe? I understand Spider-man is part of the MCU now, but couldn't Sony continue where they left off without Andrew Garfield's Spider-man/Peter Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    If Sony decides to make a Sinister Six movie, could they have it take place in the ASM universe? I understand Spider-man is part of the MCU now, but couldn't Sony continue where they left off without Andrew Garfield's Spider-man/Peter Parker?
    With already doing a Silver Sable/Black Cat and Venom films not directly connected to the MCU I can't see them having 3 different film universes at the same time all involving the mythos of one character. Also there are rumors AG wasn't happy with Sony by the time his Spider-Man films ended.

The "Amazing Spider-Man" film universe is dead. I doubt we'll ever get a Sinister Six movie now. Sony seems more interested in making the Venom movie, and the Black Cat/Silver Sable movies, and we don't even know if they will take place in the same universe as each other.

It's possible, but it would be unlikely for a variety of reasons.

The deal with Marvel/ Disney has worked pretty well, and they don't want to jeopardize that. It would also be confusing for fans.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If there was a Sinister Six movie, wouldn't be with the Venom and Black Cat projects? A Spider-Man-based movie that's not part of the MCU?