Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I have a feeling that reading everyone's suggestions here will be more intriguing and exciting than the actual result. Marvel won't make the mistake of replacing legacy characters again. Of that I'm sure. So the rosters will have to anticipate and answer all critiques. The Avengers will be like the Baskin-Robbins of comic titles: there will be more than enough flavors for everyone to pick at least one that they like. I think we will get two teams, both with a smattering of legacy characters to appease the old guard. And both teams will be stocked deeply with reserves and guest stars. If there is a third team, it will either be a farm squad of young up and comers, or a team comprised mostly of Ultimate Earth Avengers remnants -- or both.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Ideally, I'd like a similar status quo as we had during The Initiative and in Avengers World. Bring as many characters in as possible, operating individually, but coming together to face the big threats, and sharing resources and such to allow for earths Avengers to do what they do best. I'd divvy them up like so:

The core team of Avengers. Powerhouses and icons. A few grudges here. At least four known leaders. Plenty of strife, but they'd come together to serve and protect the people. Operating out of Avengers Tower once more, or perhaps the Triskelion.
    • Captain America
    • Ironman
    • Thor Odinson
    • Black Panther
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Captain Marvel
    • Spider-Woman*
    • Hulk**
    • Black Widow**
    *= part-time Avenger owing to the obligations of parenthood
    **= when returned

Secondary Beta team of Uncanny Avengers. Founding Avenger Janet van Dyne co-leads with Rogue, preserving the ideals of the original Unity Squad. Human Torch returns to the Baxter Building and the legacy of the Fantastic Four. At the request of Steve Rogers, Wanda joins the Alpha Avengers squadron. When visiting the Avengers Mansion with Luna, Crystal is offered a place with the team, despite the disapproval of Pietro.
    • Wasp
    • Rogue
    • Quicksilver
    • Psynapse
    • Brother Voodoo
    • Wonder Man
    • Beast
    • Crystal

Steve Rogers requests that Sam & Bobbi put together a team, asking them to relocate to the West Coast on official Avengers business. My request would be a fun little group made up of some quirky personalities. Joining them on the New/Mighty Avengers
    • Falcon + Mockingbird (co-leaders)
    • Silk
    • Machine Man
    • Tigra
    • Hercules
    • Living Lightning

After the New Avengers were disbanded, Billy & Teddy sought out their friends (and some new ones) to form the all-new Young Avengers. Kate Bishop declines membership but offers to be there if they need her. Eli Bradley says he's done with being Patriot. America + Noh-Varr are unavailable. The Avengers give their blessing, only asking for them to check-in with the big leagues every now and then. Run-ins with other youth groups like the Champions, Runaways and the nefarious Young Masters are a must. I've tried to get a diverse bunch, but keeping in line with the premise of them being reflections of classic heroes.
    • Wiccan
    • Hulkling
    • Stinger
    • Speed
    • Spider-Girl
    • Ghost Rider
    • Power Man
    If we have to have an inhuman on the uncanny team, i’m still hoping triton or gorgon will break away from the royal family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    If we have to have an Inhuman on the Uncanny team, I'm still hoping Triton or Gorgon will break away from the royal family.
    Crystal has history with the Avengers and a past with Quicksilver, plus some damn cool powers. Plus she'd fill the void left by Wanda if she went over to the main Avengers team. Gorgon was always a little boring and Triton is even worse. If not Crystal, I'd settle for Karnak.

Crystal has history with the Avengers and a past with Quicksilver, plus some damn cool powers. Plus she'd fill the void left by Wanda if she went over to the main Avengers team. Gorgon was always a little boring and Triton is even worse. If not Crystal, I'd settle for Karnak.
    I think Crystal would be a interesting choice. She provides a bit of drama to the team, being the mother of Quicksilvers daughter (who he really should interact with more...) while simultaneously being a royal. It'd be interesting seeing her interact with Synapse, not only because of the love triangle dynamic, but as a newhuman who rejected Medusa's offer and seems to hold some contempt for the royalty. I'm not sure how Rogue would react to her, but considering she seems to accept Human Torch who was Medusa's consort...

On the other hand, that might just bring up I v X constantly in UA threads, instead of Rogue vs Wanda. xD

As long as Rogue stays on Uncanny I am happy. She’s done some real good there and Zub writes her well. It would be a shame if she is pumped into the main avengers title and passes the leadership of UA to Roberto (if he is even staying an avenger)

Well, i’ve Never really followed the inhumans that closely, but I do remember crystal from the fantastic four and avengers. I don’t know if gorgon or triton are boring, because i’ve Never really seen either of them on their own. Plus I like triton’s new look.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Since the Avengers is a large franchise most likely two series will come out of "No Surrender". There'll be a main book with hopefully seven or eight members and the writer has to stick with that crew. I hope the second book is more like Avengers World where it's a varying all-star book with a few constant members to organize the team for each arc.

My pick: Avengers - Captain America (leader), Iron Man, Wasp, Thor, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, She-Hulk and Vision
    Avengers World - Black Panther (leader), Jean Grey and Clint Barton (co-leaders), plus guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Champions changes its lineup in January, but Nadia won't be available that early due to No Surrender. Don't be surprised if they gradually add and replace members throughout the first half of next year (they're definitely losing Viv, and could end up losing Hulk and Cyclops as well, due to events in their other books, just leaving the ex-ANAD Avengers and some newbies).

I hope if the Champions survive this crossover... We either get a new writer that is not Waid(he is already on so many books) and how he writes the spider-man characters in both Champs and Avengers is not the best, if Cyclops is gone i can't see waid staying. and if we get a new writer i hope the new writer is a fan of "New X-men" and if the team needs a mutant the new writer can pull from the teenages/young adults mutants that are not being using at all besides for background characters.

Champions isn't going to be affected directly. There's no tie-ins, remember. Members of the team are involved, but it won't affect their status quo like it will the Avengers. Events in the previous arc, Worlds Collide, will though (even if Viv's not gone - she's actually got a makeover from the High Evolutionary, the effects of which remain to be seen) as will stuff that happens in Incredible Hulk (which WILL be affected by No Surrender, as apparently Bruce will be back) and X-Men Blue (which has had a team line up change teased for after the Venom crossover).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Since the Avengers is a large franchise most likely two series will come out of "No Surrender". There'll be a main book with hopefully seven or eight members and the writer has to stick with that crew. I hope the second book is more like Avengers World where it's a varying all-star book with a few constant members to organize the team for each arc.

My pick: Avengers - Captain America (leader), Iron Man, Wasp, Thor, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, She-Hulk and Vision
    Avengers World - Black Panther (leader), Jean Grey and Clint Barton (co-leaders), plus guests.
    I think that Avengers will be biweekly with large roster.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 11-03-2017 at 03:27 PM.

I'd agree with that. Part of the point of No Surrender to have the Avengers released weekly, instead of some weeks having nothing and others having all three books out. So I'd have Avengers double ship, with two other Avengers books (Uncanny vol 4 and New vol 5) out on the other two weeks. If there's a fifth week, either one of those two would double ship that month or there'd be an annual out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd agree with that. Part of the point of No Surrender to have the Avengers released weekly, instead of some weeks having nothing and others having all three books out. So I'd have Avengers double ship, with two other Avengers books (Uncanny vol 4 and New vol 5) out on the other two weeks. If there's a fifth week, either one of those two would double ship that month or there'd be an annual out.
    We will see. I think that we will have only 2 Avengers books. Main team biweekly. Secondary team monthly.

and sometimes miniseries about different teams