Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

With issue 4 I'm most interested in seeing wtf is going on with Angel/Archangel. Is he real Warren like I think or is he hippie NuAngel who I hate. And I would eventualy like to find out what happened to his army of sleeper mutants.

I want to find out what happens with Gambit and Rouge. I'm sorry Gambit/Rouge fans, but I think this may be the end of them as a couple.

Wont have to wait to much longer to start finding out.

Carey tried his best to kill Romy and a lot of other writers. Even if Soule will try his best to destroy Romy, their romance will return with other writer who likes Romy later.
    It is comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Carey tried his best to kill Romy and a lot of other writers. Even if Soule will try his best to destroy Romy, their romance will return with other writer who likes Romy later.
    It is comics.
    Your probably right, this is comics and things can change with one writer. This one just feels a little more like a legitimate attempt to kill their relationship off.

I admire and like your determination for Gambit/Rouge to continue. You never loose hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Your probably right, this is comics and things can change with one writer. This one just feels a little more like a legitimate attempt to kill their relationship off.

I admire and like your determination for Gambit/Rouge to continue. You never loose hope.
    They are iconic together. So in one form or other they will always appear.

With issue 4 I'm most interested in seeing wtf is going on with Angel/Archangel. Is he real Warren like I think or is he hippie NuAngel who I hate. And I would eventualy like to find out what happened to his army of sleeper mutants.
    It's both. In previous Uncanny (Bunn), it seems Psylocke managed to 'merged' the hippie Angel and the murderous one. Practically ending NuAngel. The real Angel is dead in Dark Angel Saga. Not counting the time-displaced Angel.

Soule already put the kibosh on Romy two issues ago. And he did it in a respectful way for both characters.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Whoa, when did they start drawing cleavage again?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

If you really think Marvel will let that die anytime soon, you're crazy. It sells. They'll downplay it and in a couple of months, they'll be on a cover of some sort together. Every couple years they dangle it to boost interest and then put it on a shelf and tell fans to "get over it." It's pretty silly at this point. What sucks is that it's typically Gambit thats on the pinning side while they've just paired Rogue with one character after another over the past few years since Legacy.

So basically they (and some "Only-Rogue" fans, that I'm sure will find this offensive somehow) are telling Gambit fans to move on;

"Hey, she's too good for him. She's developed past that single-track relationship. But hey don't they look pretty together!? Buy this book, please! We promise it's not just bait to boost sales. There's stuff in it! See! Stuff!"
    Last edited by donpricetag; 10-04-2017 at 05:31 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    If you really think Marvel will let that die anytime soon, you're crazy. It sells. They'll downplay it and in a couple of months, they'll be on a cover of some sort together. Every couple years they dangle it to boost interest and then put it on a shelf and tell fans to "get over it." It's pretty silly at this point. What sucks is that it's typically Gambit thats on the pinning side while they've just paired Rogue with one character after another over the past few years since Legacy.

So basically they (and some obnoxious "Only-Rogue" fans are telling Gambit fans to move on but;

"Hey, she's too good for him. She's developed past that single-track relationship. But hey don't they look pretty together!? Buy this book, please! We promise it's not just bait to boost sales. There's stuff in it! See! Stuff!"
    Cough..Uncanny Avengers 5... cough.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Marvel seems to do this with a few male characters. They're kept on a shelf waiting for one particular woman, who in turn will be kissing or sleeping with other guys w/o problem. And it's annoying as Hell. Three examples

Gambit with Rogue -As you know.
    Sabretooth. with Mystique -while she partners and sleeps with everyone. I recall only two other women he had, and both were killed quickly. Bunn seemed to be going for MonetCreed, but that got erased with ResurrXion -along with his Inversion. So he's freed to get fucked by Mystique again, literally & figuratively. Like always.
    Deadpool with Shiklah -who's married to someone else for crying out loud & slept her entire kingdom. Meanwhile, Wade has had nobody else since she came into the picture. One kiss with Rogue, but clear that wasn't going anywhere. So chances are, he's gonna be single until Shiklah's back. In the 90's, it was Copycat, who cheated on him with Cable, then left him for Kane. Meanwhile, he was only ever with her. They teased Siryn, but clearly never planned to deliver on it.

So the with some male characters, they evidently have one definitive go-to love interest, whenever said interest isn't busy with someone else. Meanwhile, the women can actually have interests, and even relationships with different men.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-04-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Best new ever!!!!

Great to see this after "what the hell happend, I don`t understand anything" Astonishing #4.