Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This IS Captain America:

https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/statu...27237497872385

As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the rare cases that a person embodied a character so much that I can't see the difference anymore between the actor who plays the character and the character himself.

PS: Listen to Cap and the General he's endorsing.

PS2: Yes, I do think that this message by Gen. Jay Silveria, especially in the current climate, it's important to be shared and deserves its own thread. Especially because the endorsement of Cap is one of the several things that he did lately that reminded me why this character is absolutely as important as Superman, Batman or Spider-Man. And I'm not even an United States citizen. Make mine Marvel, Cap.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

BANNED

Not sure what Chris Evans retweeting a rather hysterical speech about a bit of racist graffiti has to do with Captain America. This seems like a thinly-veiled political thread.

Idk he always seemed like more of a Human Torch guy to me.

BANNED

Robert Downey Jr. fits tony stark to a T to the point that you can't imagine someone else wearing those rocket bots rhodey being a exception.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    lol agreed.

lol, if there was a Like button, I'd have just clicked on it.

Amazing Member

I agree. Chris seems to be a good guy and he's been absolutely NOTE perfect as Captain America(and Steve Rogers). I remember being somewhat doubtful when I initially heard he'd been cast years ago but we've very very lucky to have him in the role. I can't imagine anyone else in the role. Even more so than Iron Man.

Tony Stark is portrayed as a fairly typical "hides his pain behind the snark, preferably with lots of snappy nicknames mocking other characters' traumas or traits and more than a few pop culture references as a shorthand to say 'this character is coooool'" with the ever present "my daddy didn't love me enough" daddy issues. I can imagine plenty of actors could play it well, because plenty of actors in the last 20 years or so HAVE played it well. Not so many characters like Steve though, least of all who are portrayed in a sympathetic manner. Evans has done a great job even if the writing sometimes shortchanges him.
    Last edited by Alpha Storm; 09-30-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Robert Downey Jr. fits tony stark to a T to the point that you can't imagine someone else wearing those rocket bots rhodey being a exception.
    I can't imagine anyone but RDJ as Tony but in honesty it was more him playing the character he created so perfectly Tony became that.

Who cares about how exactly Chris Evans envelopes the ideals of America? Wake me up when he starts bombing other countries for oil and pillaging the poor to give to the rich.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Who cares about how exactly Chris Evans envelopes the ideals of America? Wake me up when he starts bombing other countries for oil and pillaging the poor to give to the rich.
    That isn't what the post was about. It was about Captain America - who has quite often been against the government of America itself.

Agreed. He very much has taken the same vocal role I would expect Captain America would if he was real.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Storm View Post
    That isn't what the post was about. It was about Captain America - who has quite often been against the government of America itself.
    Well, first off, the post was a joke.

BUT, second off, the post is Chris Evans supporting a general who, while admonished soldiers on the basis of racism, is still a part of the military. A military that does most of what I listed.

Besides, seeing people praise Captain America as some benevolent icon of today's times while wrapping himself in a symbol that means the total opposite to invaded countries is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, first off, the post was a joke.

BUT, second off, the post is Chris Evans supporting a general who, while admonished soldiers on the basis of racism, is still a part of the military. A military that does most of what I listed.

Besides, seeing people praise Captain America as some benevolent icon of today's times while wrapping himself in a symbol that means the total opposite to invaded countries is ugly.
    Every major world power in history is guilty of awful crimes. Take the good with the bad and Steve Rogers represents the best and what the government should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Every major world power in history is guilty of awful crimes. Take the good with the bad and Steve Rogers represents the best and what the government should be.
    Yeah, I totally get that. But there's a major difference in:

-Being involved in awful war crimes, acknowledging it, and doing something as retribution
    and
    -Being involved in awful war crimes, acknowledging it, and continuing to do the same thing with a harsh level of consistency

Steve's stories reek of Eurocentrism when his earlier stories led to him uniting people "all over the world". Almost as if there was both literal and narrative cloth over the non-US MU's eyes or something. Maybe Waid can fix this problem and actually address what Steve wants to do across the world without branding himself in the colors of a nation that has unjustifiably ruined many countries for years. But I doubt it.