Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Im not ignoring kyle rayner's feats,but some seem to be ignoring Surfer's feats. One can just do what he does,the other's wearing rings need to concentrate. That does make a difference.
    In what way is surfing on the outside of a supernova anything like actually containing the force of one? To say that more directly, the first thing is vastly beneath the second thing. The Surfer is basically just enduring something. Kyle is actually preventing it from being loosed on anything else. You're looking at a feat that is less than another feat, and saying it is the same anyway, based on nothing. It's like saying that a guy, surfing on a wave, is just as good as someone else stopping that wave from exerting force/moving at all with their brain, as the closest possible analogy to explain this to you. How is that first thing anywhere as good as the second thing for power demonstrated?

To use a closer analogy I guess, it's like saying a guy surfing on a volcanic eruption is doing something more impressive or even as impressive than the guy completely holding it back. There's nothing in there that makes sense to say that.

Im not ignoring kyle rayner's feats
    Pretty relentlessly at this point, down to posting performances beneath Kyle's yet insisting they're the same level of accomplishment. Not that the Surfer hasn't done things just as good, but that's decidedly not one of them.

I am not repeating anything,i am merely stating what surfer can do while Gladiator can do the other task at hand while surfer plays interference on their abilities.
    Given his inability to do anything to intangible people, what Gladiator can do here to anyone he takes on is pretty meaningless. The Surfer playing interference with their abilities while also having to fight Kyle Rayner seems dubious at best.

And YA KNOW,Surfer can do the same thing as the rings,difference is. Can you say the lanterns operate on a higher level than the Surfer??? SInce we both are in agreement they can both do the same.
    I can sure say that they operate on a pretty competitive one for Kyle Rayner for instance and be backed by a big ol pile of feats for saying so. I don't even have to do things like say "the Surfer moving around something is totally the same thing as directly engaging with it and containing its force". Which they are not. The same kind of thing.

Or do you just want to Y'KNOW,repeat the same things while ignoring Surfer's very obvious feats. I mean y'know,right? Well.....are you right?
    So, is there an argument in this beyond "just because Kyle Rayner operates on the scale of whole worlds, beyond them, can mess with energies to the point where he's screwing with bonds of time, and can contain supernovas, doesn't mean he can hang in there with the Silver Surfer for a while, even though I have zero performances to suggest otherwise?" The Surfer can mess with the energies of things. Great, so can Kyle, as demonstrated. That's why it's called "an actual contest", with speed equalized between them.

Would Kyle eventually lose? Sure, the Surfer if nothing else has better base stats. But barring Wendell sacrificing himself to give the Surfer his power, nothing else actually stops Hal from occupying Quasar, Gladiator being scanned and taken out, Ronan frankly being collateral to the sheer level of damage getting thrown around, and other lanterns then being able to provide backup to a fight that is close enough where doing so would be crucial.

Also your scan with Ego notes the Surfer saying, directly in words, that he is getting by on Ego being distracted and weakened, as far as the actual contents of your own scans. So again, issue number for that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    So by your own words....you are claiming the GL's are superior in ability and firepower than Silver Surfer. So we can make that very clear.
    Do you have any argument at this point beyond completely ignoring the points people make to say stuff like this? When he adds qualifiers like "not by much" and "the ring has ultimately crapped out on that scale", where do you take that from?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 09-30-2017 at 09:43 PM.

So by your own words....you are claiming the GL's are superior in ability and firepower than Silver Surfer. So we can make that very clear.
    ??

I said that one feat is better than what Surfer has done but "not by much“. And he couldn't ultimately pull it off on his own just like the time his ring ran out of charge stringing together those planets

That's not “superior in firepower“ unless you mean that a GL going all out briefly produces greater power but at the cost of what amounts to suicide here

And even then since you keep getting confused about different categories— that says nothing at all about Surfer's own durability to deal with said firepower

Sidebar: is this another thread where the Dork Knight and I are mostly agreeing on a topic? That's some creepy stuff man.

Just while I'm there, considering this fight debate is only even possible for the qualifier of "speed equalized", it's not like the Surfer is being downplayed when having that qualifier in the first place is basically acknowledging "if it were not, the Surfer would destroy on his own here."

Trying to suggest that anyone disagreeing with you has some.. I don't know.. anti Surfer bias or whatever? It doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    ??

I said that one feat is better than what Surfer has done but "not by much“. And he couldn't ultimately pull it off on his own just like the time his ring ran out of charge stringing together those planets

That's not “superior in firepower“ unless you mean that a GL going all out briefly produces greater power but at the cost of what amounts to suicide here

And even then since you keep getting confused about different categories— that says nothing at all about Surfer's own durability to deal with said firepower
    No,but you are clearly here saying that GL is suprior enough to handle Silver Surfer. I can bring up his durability,but you have declared it a non-factor. If it was a factor it would have been brought up. So since you neglected to mention it,you clearly state that The lanterns win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Sidebar: is this another thread where the Dork Knight and I are mostly agreeing on a topic? That's some creepy stuff man.
    Do you have a history of throwing down against one another or something?

Because I can't remember ever "beating" you in a debate, and DK seems pretty durned experienced as well based on lurking. Would have enjoyed those threads immensely I reckon
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

No,creepy would be watching a constipated man trying recite shakesphere while dropping a deuce.

No,but you are clearly here saying that GL is suprior enough to handle Silver Surfer. I can bring up his durability,but you have declared it a non-factor. If it was a factor it would have been brought up. So since you neglected to mention it,you clearly state that The lanterns win.
    You got me saying "Lanterns win" from a single feat for a single character in a team battle, while talking about how this feat amounts to suicide here?

Well that's certainly... something

Do you have any argument at this point beyond completely ignoring the points people make to say stuff like this? When he adds qualifiers like "not by much" and "the ring has ultimately crapped out on that scale", where do you take that from?
    No the debate is over,previous postor has claimed The GL's have it over the Annihilators due to speed being equalized. So no more need for you to elaborate on whatever you feel you need to say.

Getting mellow in your old age age eh ;p? Pretty soon we'll be finishing each other's sentences! *

*we absolutely won't

What? He was discussing strictly firepower. Why would him not mentioning durability in a firepower comparison lead to you believing he thinks its a non factor? That seems like quite the stretch.

Nobody here is saying GLs are superior to Surfer except for in that one category, and only with huge side effects. This whole debate even hinges on speed equality
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Because I can't remember ever "beating" you in a debate, and DK seems pretty durned experienced as well based on lurking. Would have enjoyed those threads immensely I reckon
    It was mostly the same with me in my early days here, getting schooled on various characters by pen and then petulantly disagreeing. Except there tended to be more of these with me than other "pen schools newbie" threads because I fancied myself a bit of an expert

We still mostly disagree, minus (I like to think) the petulance ;p

What? He was discussing strictly firepower. Why would him not mentioning durability in a firepower comparison lead to you believing he thinks its a non factor? That seems like quite the stretch.

Nobody here is saying GLs are superior to Surfer except for in that one category, and only with huge side effects. This whole debate even hinges on speed equality
    No,sorry it doesn't work that way. Dork Knight neglected to bring up durability. So has anyone else. Everyone else here has them winning and the only alternative is the quantim bands being granted to SS. anything less is viewed as a loss for the Annihilators. to bring up durability now is grasping at straws when after two pages most have concurred that the GL's are Superior in this instance.

Yes, a lot, for pages and pages on end.

I personally found a bunch of those threads kinda terrible to be honest with you ;p