View Poll Results: So who you crushing on??

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • cyclops

17 10.18%
  • storm

4 2.40%
  • jean grey

26 15.57%
  • wolverine

3 1.80%
  • emma frost

9 5.39%
  • gambit

16 9.58%
  • magik

8 4.79%
  • kitty

6 3.59%
  • kurt

5 2.99%
  • psylocke

12 7.19%
  • rogue

16 9.58%
  • angel

8 4.79%
  • polaris

2 1.20%
  • namor

3 1.80%
  • others

32 19.16%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Namor whole character was suppose to be a ~playboy
    With that trapezoid head, hairline, eyebrows, ears I never found him attractive.
    In fact, I don't understand why Namor considered attractive.
    You just have to get past those old school illustrations(and think of his hairline more as a widow's peak, less as a super receding hairline). Plus he's passionate, decisive, ripped and super rich.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Yes! ^
    YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    How was Colosssus not mentioned yet? He’s my #1. Daken too I guess.
    mmmm mine too....but I do dig Jackman's Wolverine.

Gambit and Iceman for me, since like forever :P Havok too I guess.

I have to admit that Sam Guthrie e Roberto da Costa stole my heart not so long ago.
    And, of course, Illyana <3
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

BANNED

I got three...

Namor: Hot damn, he's sex on a stick.

Northstar: For an intense love affair that ends.

Iceman: Marriage material.

Hard to choose between Havok and Iceman. Havok for a (really) fun romp in the hay that goes absolutely nowhere because involvement with him beyond the physical is only asking for trouble, and Iceman for more stability.

This thread reminds me of the MLP subreddit.
    *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    This thread reminds me of the MLP subreddit.
    *shudders*
    Says the person who pointed out half naked Rogue and Mystique in Astonishing X-men 4 as the highlights of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Says the person who pointed out half naked Rogue and Mystique in Astonishing X-men 4 as the highlights of the issue.
    Jokes aren't the same thing as an actual attraction to a drawing.
    Also, I wasn't talking about Mystique. The "two reasons" thing was a boob joke.
    But in all seriousness, that issue was dull.
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 10-06-2017 at 08:33 AM.

To me fantasy crushes seem both natural and inevitable. We know these characters aren't real but we care because they mirror reality in some sense and that particular mirror will draw the interest of people receptive to it. Why else would I like one character and have zero interest in another?

When I was a little kid I had crushes on Clarissa from Clarissa Explains It All and the original Pink Power Ranger. I was way too young for it to be even remotely sexual; I was barely above the age where you understand TV isn't real. But there was an innate sense of "I don't know why, but I like these girl characters more than other girl characters." I don't think you can help it, especially when you're young.

Also Jean Grey and Kitty Pryde for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    To me fantasy crushes seem both natural and inevitable. We know these characters aren't real but we care because they mirror reality in some sense and that particular mirror will draw the interest of people receptive to it. Why else would I like one character and have zero interest in another?

When I was a little kid I had crushes on Clarissa from Clarissa Explains It All and the original Pink Power Ranger. I was way too young for it to be even remotely sexual; I was barely above the age where you understand TV isn't real. But there was an innate sense of "I don't know why, but I like these girl characters more than other girl characters." I don't think you can help it, especially when you're young.

Also Jean Grey and Kitty Pryde for me.
    True, as a kid you just crush on a girl or guy you find cute even in a fantasy setting.

Also, most X-Men are supposed to look like normal human beings whom you can easily imagine as real life hotties instead of being attracted to the literal drawing (hence why fancastings are so incredibly popular). As opposed to MLP anthropomorphising or even the inherent creepiness of drawing "grown up and sexay" versions of kid characters like Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats, Loud House etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Agreed.
    /10char
    But why though? I mean if you think about, you spend 3-4$ (much more in most cases) monthly to keep up to date on the fictional adventures of idealized super-humans. So invested in their worlds you spend a certain amount of time on a message board to talk about them.

Having light-hearted crushes to well-drawn pieces of paper isn't much weirder when you think about it that way. Actually you don't even really need visual representation at all actually... The mind is pretty amazing tbh.

Anyway, no one's saying they think of the characters as real, just highly idealized representations of perhaps their 'type' in real life. Humans are all about symbolism anyway.

As for the topic, closet would be Cannonball I think. He's a sweetheart.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-06-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Also, while I did have fantasy crushes as kid, I don't anymore. The "not real" factor puts a mental damper on the appeal to me. I might still think they look physically attractive, but that's about where it ends.

Illyana

Incredible Member

Rachel