Incredible Member

Default Headcanons and Personal Continuities.

I've decided it might be nice to have some fun and discuss the versions of canon that exist in our own heads. Feel free to share which your own glosses for various stories, retcons you make in your head, Which stories /runs you'd include in your own ideal continuity and which you'd like to ignore.

First off, My theories on the nature of how the post-crisis timelines split
    Original Timeline: the original post crisis timeline started by perez

Flashpoint timeline: In this timeline Antiope was named(or changed her name to) Penthesilea and Amazons who formed Bana-Mighdall didn't break off leading to the corruption of this timeline's amazons.

New 52 timeline: Prior to rebirth I rationalized the timeline this way: Similar to the above with the future Bana-mighdall not breaking off(ultimately leading to sex piracy) but Antiope dying early on either during freeing themselves from Hercules or Doom's Doorway leaving Hippolyta as the sole queen(and leading to Hippolyta dyeing her hair blonde in her memory). Dessa would have been the daughter of this timeline's Philippus who succeeded her as Hippolyta's adviser after her mothers death. Losing her lover Phillipus also would have led to Hippolyta sleeping with Zeus. The finch's back story for the Amazons should be disregarded as Derinoe being insane and that being the version she invented in her head.

Rebirth timeline: Canonically suppose to be altered version of the original timeline created by Dr. Manhattan/Flashpoint. The major alteration made by him was Ares' being sealed inside Themyscira, necessitating the gods making travel to and from near impossible(and some version of birth by Zeus). They later created an artificial Themyscira for Diana to interact with(based off the New 52 one). This timeline's Diana also has memories from from the original timeline for some reason possibly related to the timeline being created by flashpoint/Dr.Manhattan(she also had vague recollections of the original timeline during Odyssey so there could be some precedent). I've also begun theorizing that the reason the New 52 Themyscira was so different from the "True" one was to help bury Diana's memories of the previous timeline so she wouldn't try to 'fix' the timeline and end up making things worse.(Not hard to see. All it would take would be to get the idea all she has to do is go back in time and prevent Ares from being sealed only to return to a timeline where everything's went to heck. If thing's aren't seriously broken it might just be better to go along with it.)

I'll try to formulate and post my ideas on how to give Donna her proper origin in the post-crisis, New 52, and Rebirth timelines and how to give the JSA an Amazon and which one.

For an Ideal personal continuity, It would definitely largely be based on the Post-Crisis universe over all. I actually really like the universe in the Wonder Woman: Amazon Warrior book from Scholastics Backstories series, which was largely based on the post crisis universe with some of the New 52 character designs slapped on. It also had a unique idea of making Artemis Antiope's daughter which has actually grown on me. I'd like to replace it's version of Donna's mirror clone origin with "Orphan raised by Amazons" though.

I've considered creating an alternate fanfic set up/rewrite for rebirth's status quo where it would be an alternate timeline from Infinite Crisis where Ares would of joined the Omacs in their attack, been sealed, then Themyscira would of been sent to another dimension and sealed off, but right I really don't care enough to expand on it/write it out.

Where do you want me to start? I mean, I guess it starts in ancient Argos, but are you really asking about the adolescence of the woman who became Hippolyte? Or do we start with conception at the battlefield? Or birth on the beach? Or in the cave of Circe, where Starfish betrays her mother? Or in Gateway, where Diana meets Wonder Woman and her daughter Amanda? Or in Hades, where Dorothy becomes Arella? Or on the JLA Satellite, where Zatanna Nelson gives Dione a one way ticket to Themyscira? Or in Olympus, where she confronts the Goddess of Power?

wonder woman marry nightwing!