Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Buffy and Spike didn't destroy anything for the Scoobies if anyone destroyed anything it was Angel and Buffy together that did that as Angel tended to decide that he and he alone had to make all of the decisions for Buffy and others working with him, Spike let Giles and others be in charge without trying to take over anything or split them all up, he didn't like Xander that's true but Xander made enough mistakes of his own that Spike had nothing to do with, the relationship with Buffy was strange yes...but in some ways it was more real than anything that she had with Angel, now that relationship was shoved down our throats if any of them were...

Though unlike the X-verse Spike's mission wasn't to break up Angel and Buffy to hook up with Buffy but because he wanted Angelus back so that they could resume killing and murdering and all of that...he never had a big plan to fall for her...

wait, excuse me.

but buffy and spike destroyed the scoobies. one of the reasons season 7 sucks was because of too much buffy and spike. I think the problem with buffy and spike is that unlike buffy and angel, the writers became very obsessed with spike. he was like their pet character and the writers stopped at nothing to make spike look good and a hero so they character assassinated many other characters just to make spike look good. for example, giles conspiring to kill spike behinf buffy's back that destroyed buffy's trust in giles and made her trust spike more...something that never happened when she was with angel and when I thought things could not get worse, xander, willow, dawn all supporting buffy getting kicked out of her house and spike been the only one not betraying her? pulleeeeeeze...it was totally ridiculous and bad writing.

spike is a character that should have been realistically killed off by season 4 but stayed on the show because he had a lot of screaming fan girls. so that was how and why the buffy thing started. in fact the buffy and spike thing made no sense even from the basis that buffy had already been with another vampire that just happened to be spike's rival. the show did not have the guts to kill of spike so they gave him something new to do like started obsessing over buffy and rewriting the buffy lore so spike can stay on down to how the concept of a soul worked for ensouled demons.

No, angel and buffy did not destroy the scoobies because angel was actually a part of the scoobies and gave buffy a better balance dynamic in her life unlike spike/buffy thing where buffy was so isolated in season 7 that all she had and trusted was spike.

Angel respected buffy's friends and family and a chance of buffy to have a normal life. please this was the same angel that said buffy needed to go to the light and live her life not remain in darkness with him, now compare that to spike that told buffy...she did not belong with anyone (her friends) but she belonged in the darkness with him , then he partially rapes her in the balcony of a club.

and no angel did not make all the decision for buffy, he made the hard decision in their relationship because buffy was so in love with him that she could not face reality and angel forced her to face the reality that there was no future of them. that was the realist romance buffy ever had.

sorry, buffy and spike was gross and less real. I will even take riley over spike, I wished the writers invested more with riley but as spike got more insanely popular among women watchers, riley got the end of the stick and the spike obsession started. spike and buffy is the prefect example of what happens when writers fall in love with a character and can not separate the art from the fangir-ling

Ultimate Member

When a problem arose Angel decided on his own what Buffy needed to know and when without asking her. Buffy only got isolated because after saving Dawn and coming back she felt that she couldn't talk to the Scoobies about it but Spike understood or didn't judge her or anything, none of that was Spike's plan or intent it just happened. I don't remember them making Spike look good at other's expense, Buffy knew who and what he was from the start. And the show never seemed to forget who and what Spike was...if anything Angel was the one that got pushed as being so great...Riley was just a mess from the start...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    When a problem arose Angel decided on his own what Buffy needed to know and when without asking her. Buffy only got isolated because after saving Dawn and coming back she felt that she couldn't talk to the Scoobies about it but Spike understood or didn't judge her or anything, none of that was Spike's plan or intent it just happened. I don't remember them making Spike look good at other's expense, Buffy knew who and what he was from the start. And the show never seemed to forget who and what Spike was...if anything Angel was the one that got pushed as being so great...Riley was just a mess from the start...
    and thus the bad writing. fine she could not talk to xander and willow and dawn was maybe too young but giles was her like dad. why could she not talk to him, afterall giles was not the person that brought her back, why spike who to her was a thing.

this was some of the problems with the later seasons and how the writers started propping up spike and started making him more relevant than he should be when he should have been killed off by season 4 because even with the chip, it was proven spike could still be very dangerous.

yes spike look good at other expense when he blasts them all for kicking buffy out and he look good compared to giles and robin trying to kill him.

and no it was not angel that made riley a mess, it was spike. you want the proof? angel still walked away from riley, in fact angel implied buffy did good for herself for getting with riley and that was when angel said...''riley, I dont like him and buffy smiles and said 'thanks'.

whereas once spike obsession with buffy started riley was gone even worse spike brags to riley that he is not good for buffy because buffy needs a monster as a boyfriend and riley is not one, a contrary to angel that felt he did iot belong with buffy because he himself was a monster and was content that buffy got with riley who was a 100% good guy even when angel showed jealousy when buffy brags that she had a new boyfriend.

it was spike that sowed the seeds for the total collapse of riley and buffy because of his obsession and jealousy.

I will hate to continue this topic because this is not a buffy forum but please i dont like spike at all. in fact spike was the reason i started to deslike the ''bad boy'' trope that has come from this era aka chuck bass from gossip girl and damon from vampire diaries and even to an extent pacey from dawson's creek.

I am so over in the bad boy thing, please even james masters was not a spike and buffy fan for the same reasons I am saying.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 10-01-2017 at 09:28 AM.

I always liked the idea that the MU had a version of Buffy who was related to Scott. Too bad she's apparently in a mental hospital.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I always liked the idea that the MU had a version of Buffy who was related to Scott. Too bad she's apparently in a mental hospital.
    yeah

nonetheless in the buffy world.it is implied their are other parallel worlds and alternate realities just like marvel comics.

in one world , buffy is the longest served slayer , this world is the real buffy world.

in the second world, she is also a slayer but this world is more dystopia and she dies early killed by the master

in the third world, it is our ''own real x-men'' world and buffy is so mentally ill that she built everything that exists in the first world in her mind. at the end of that episode it is implied the buffy of this world also dies.

I think the third world is the world that buffy and scott are cousins because scott deed imply his cousin is locked up in a mental hospital.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 10-01-2017 at 09:38 AM.

The only problems I had with season 7 was the annoying "Slayerettes" (Felicia Day was the exception) the uninspired villain (The First) and killing off the wonderful Anya.

So if the parallels continue can we expect to see Emma trolling Jean much how Spike did to Angel in Season 5 of his self titled series?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So does this mean Maddie was Riley?
    Both stable, relatively boring rebounds, and toward the end of their relationships got involved into some kinky demon shit...
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The only problems I had with season 7 was the annoying "Slayerettes" (Felicia Day was the exception) the uninspired villain (The First) and killing off the wonderful Anya.

So if the parallels continue can we expect to see Emma trolling Jean much how Spike did to Angel in Season 5 of his self titled series?
    That Jean and Emma will interact at some point is inevitable. Because their relationship has so many adversarial angles I can see a similar dynamic to Spike\Angel. Jean already accepted that Emma was going to have a place with Cyke during NXM 139 and actually encouraged it in HCT so I doubt she will come back looking for revenge on Emma. How this is handled when Jean returns will be interesting but I don't think Marvel will focus on it too much. Jean and Emma are both above cat fighting over Scott. Spike and Angel settled into something of an uneasy alliance during season 5. They both realized each other loved Buffy but neither of them could actually be with her because of the circumstances. Scott's even more unavailable at the moment so I'm hoping we see something similar with these two. Emma just needs her "hero" moment and I think we'll see that eventually.