View Poll Results: Will Selina accept the proposal?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

63 77.78%
  • no...

18 22.22%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Regardless of the answer, I don't want Batman to marry. Yes or no, we won't know how this will play out.
    You are right.. I think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    YOU WIN... Wait many chapters for one NO was a strange option...

However...... I see more easy end with this plan than with Duke or Harper... Unfortunatelly..

Batman introduced me to DC.. However... I found more things than batman... This won´t be the first time that I leave something with Batman for some reason.. and I doubt that this will be forever..

The marriage is not something for Bruce Wayne and Catwoman role is too important too to be only Bruce´s wife and a permanent ally..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-02-2017 at 11:59 AM.

BANNED

Context is everything. We have the answer, but we don't know what she's learned yet, and Tom did say Bruce's revelation really shakes her emotionally.

spoilers:
    Good play, good play. Batman lightens up, Damian gets a step-mom. At least technically, they could stay engaged for years putting off a wedding because comics-time, but the foundation is there. A little dysfunctional? Yes. A brand new workable status quo and dynamic across the board for years to come? Hell yes
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    spoilers:
    Good play, good play. Batman lightens up, Damian gets a step-mom. At least technically, they could stay engaged for years but the foundation is there. A little dysfunctional? Yes. A brand new workable status quo and dynamic across the board for years to come? Hell yes
    end of spoilers
    I agree with this so much

spoilers:
    Good play, good play. Batman lightens up, Damian gets a step-mom. At least technically, they could stay engaged for years putting off a wedding because comics-time, but the foundation is there. A little dysfunctional? Yes. A brand new workable status quo and dynamic across the board for years to come? Hell yes
    end of spoilers
    You and me both.
    spoilers:
    It does make me wonder, that if the two of them do have a kid (or more) out of this, would they have Helena Wayne of Earth Prime/1/Whatever we're on now? And makes me wonder how Damian would react to this news.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You and me both.
    spoilers:
    It does make me wonder, that if the two of them do have a kid (or more) out of this, would they have Helena Wayne of Earth Prime/1/Whatever we're on now? And makes me wonder how Damian would react to this news.
    end of spoilers
    Hopefully gets very jealous and runs away to go live with Dick or Clark.

BANNED

The spoiler is on Newsarama now...and it includes what Bruce did at the war's climax.

spoilers:
    He almost kills Riddler, but Joker prevents him
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    HELL YES. Batman is need of a MAJOR status quo change and this is it. No more will they won't they, this is actually happening. I'm so damn happy. We'll get to see Bruce happy and not have it be weird. He's SUPPOSED to be happy. He isn't supposed to be alone. Thank god, and thank you Tom King!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The spoiler is on Newsarama now...and it includes what Bruce did at the war's climax.

spoilers:
    He almost kills Riddler, but Joker prevents him
    end of spoilers
    Since i don’t know how to do that spoiler thingee i’ll just say i’m surprised at what batman does, and who stops him from doing it. Can’t really elaborate on that, but i’m wondering what catwoman’s role in the bat family will be going forward.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    spoilers:
    HELL YES. Batman is need of a MAJOR status quo change and this is it. No more will they won't they, this is actually happening. I'm so damn happy. We'll get to see Bruce happy and not have it be weird. He's SUPPOSED to be happy. He isn't supposed to be alone. Thank god, and thank you Tom King!
    end of spoilers
    When you consider King works from and likes Snyder's take on Batman, I think you might be counting your chickens before they hatch on all that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

When you consider King works from and likes Snyder's take on Batman, I think you might be counting your chickens before they hatch on all that.
    I disagree; in fact I can't pinpoint a single similarity between King's Batman and Snyder's Batman. In fact from what I've seen King is trying to develop a clear divergence between his run and Snyder's; this is backed up by him saying he's not trying to copy or be influenced by anyone who came before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I disagree; in fact I can't pinpoint a single similarity between King's Batman and Snyder's Batman. In fact from what I've seen King is trying to develop a clear divergence between his run and Snyder's; this is backed up by him saying he's not trying to copy or be influenced by anyone who came before him.
    Tom King: I don’t know. Batman is the one character that didn’t need to be “reborn.” He didn’t need fixing. Batman wasn’t broken in the New 52. He wasn’t broken pre-the New 52. Scott [Snyder] wrote him as good as you can write him. I think my job is just to not screw up what Scott did. [Laughs] I just need to build on that. And in doing that, I have to bring myself to it because the only weapon that I bring to the table — my experiences, my thoughts on the character, what he meant to me growing up and what he means to me now. It’s not a matter of a rebirth but rather it’s continuing the excellence of the series.

Tom King: I think that’s the core of what makes Batman fascinating. It’s all about his mortality. He’s any of us. He’s all of us. He has that will. Any of us could be Batman if we just had his will; if we just had his determination. And the fact that he’s Batman, the fact that he turned what we have into that is psychotic and inspiring. That’s Batman in a nutshell. He’s psychotic and inspiring at the same time. And that contradiction is why everyone keeps writing him and writing him well. He’s clearly the good guy but there is also something about him that’s just not right. And that’s cool.

Tom King: It’s funny because I think of it in two ways: When I’m inside the character’s head as opposed to when I’m inside my head. [Laughs] I feel that Batman himself and Bruce Wayne himself see no difference between the two of them. I think that he sees himself as transforming when he puts on the costume or that he transforms back. His entire life is devoted to that oath that he took by candlelight after his parents died to defeating crime. He sees his work as both Bruce and Batman as going towards that oath. He has that one goal. But that’s his own psychology. Looking from the outside, people might see it entirely different. And as a writer, I am allowed to be on the outside. I see the thing that everyone says, which is Bruce Wayne is the mask and Batman is the real person. I tend to agree with that but I think it’s a little more complicated than that because I don’t think Batman agrees with that.
    http://www.cbr.com/tom-king-says-bat...eed-a-rebirth/

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Still don't see that as him writing Snyder's version of the character. He said it himself, he's not "fixing" or altering anything that Snyder did, he's respecting what came before (which goes unsaid as something a writer should do) . Doesn't mean he's writing that character or trying to continue it.

Yeah, him acknowledging that he's building from Snyder's run doesn't preclude him putting his own spin on things. Its just respecting the past material, which any decent writer should do, regardless if their vision tonally ends up somewhat different.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, him acknowledging that he's building from Snyder's run doesn't preclude him putting his own spin on things. Its just respecting the past material, which any decent writer should do, regardless if their vision tonally ends up somewhat different.
    It's more than that, he's also said Batman is fundamentally a sad character. In a recent interview I might add...say spoilery USA Today.

But also kinda here:
    Q: Will things ever get as dark and creepy and slightly disturbing as they are in Vision [at Marvel]?

TOM KING: [Laughs] Yes. Yes they will. [Laughs] The thing with Vision, he was a nice happy character that I did this horribly dark and disturbing thing to. Now they've given me the character who lives in the darkest soul of the DC Universe. That said, I think what makes Batman good is and what I think this run is about is he can experience that. He can go into that darkness and come out of it. I'm going to try to get into why that is. Even though there's going to be dark and horrible, there's this man with this indelible will that's based on the death of his parents. It's a sad story. Underneath all of that, inside Batman, there is some sort of hope, you know? There is some sort of optimism. There is some sort of idea that the good guy is going to win at the end of the day, and that good guy is Batman. This is not the Punisher. He's the good guy of this story. He's the man who, when you're down, picks you up and hits the guy who hit you.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic...n/1100-155440/

Even Grant Morrison ended his run on a good bit of a sad note (but not totally, but how much surprised me).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-02-2017 at 02:06 PM.