Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm 30, almost 31, and I've been reading casually since 2000, seriously since about 2004/5ish, and obsessively since 2014. I'm the oldest ever!
    Ugh, 35 here. *sigh*

On topic: TKing has lost me with... Holly Robinson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post

On topic: TKing has lost me with... Holly Robinson
    Yeah, even if I hadn't dropped the book prior to that and had been enjoying it, that would have made me drop it there. King's use of Holly is unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah, even if I hadn't dropped the book prior to that and had been enjoying it, that would have made me drop it there. King's use of Holly is unforgivable.
    As a fan of YEAR ONE and Bru's Catwoman King's use of Holly really was a kick to the (fan) groins. Can't remember being offended by Snyder, maybe by Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm 30, almost 31, and I've been reading casually since 2000, seriously since about 2004/5ish, and obsessively since 2014. I'm the oldest ever!
    42, on and off since 1986. Batman with 457. Only missing 28 issues of Vol 1 between 300 and 713

24 years... And 4 years in DC and in the comics..

However, in my childhood I readed comics too.. Then, nothing.. Until 4 years ago..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-05-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

43 here. First issue of Batman was 357 and I haven't missed anything since. I will say that I am generally a big Tom King fan, that said this Batman run has been underwhelming to say the least. War of Jokes and Riddles had some good ideas, I actually have no problem with the big reveal, but had sooooooo many holes in it. I literally laughed out loud at the dinner scene - can anyone explain that scene to me? Bruce Wayne had the Joker, Riddler and the entire rogues gallery over for dinner? What the what?! I get it, this is fiction, but there has to be just a shred of believability or what's the point. But my biggest complaint with the whole arc is the complete punking of every single rogue other than the Riddler - I mean even the Joker got totally punked in this one. So now Nygma is the greatest of the rogues? Really? And Two-Face and so many others are following orders? Really? None of it made any sense

28. Not as long as most people here, partly because the New52 reboot wrecked a lot of what I liked pre-Flashpoint (I grew up on the DC Animated Universe). Been expanding what I read for the last year, year and a half as more titles come out. Batman being the first I picked up.

The balls on Tom King. It seems sheer madness holds his run together but when he's great he's great. For my tastes he should have waited longer with BIG changes to established characters otherwise it looks like he's into cheap thrills.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then just call me "grandpa".
    Sure thing, farfar! I didn't mean for everyone to post their ages, but it's pretty cool seeing the range!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I think not. Not even close. I've been obsessively reading every Batman story in print since I fell for the character when I was 5, in the 1970s. And there are older fans than I here. I remember being 30. I was a child and so are you. I mean that in the most positive possible way, in that you have most of your life ahead of you. You are rich with youth.
    Yeah, I was joking. Though I do feel old myself. I remember being 19, and full of so much energy (and frustration. I really wish I could tell teenage me to relax and enjoy being ridiculously young.)

Myself included there. 20 years alive, 17 spent reading comics.
    Man. I feel like my childhood was wasted, since I'm ten years older, but we've been reading for the same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    20 years alive, 5 of then reading comics, mostly back issues.
    Back issues are awesome!

Ugh, 35 here. *sigh*
    Wait for me!

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    42, on and off since 1986. Batman with 457. Only missing 28 issues of Vol 1 between 300 and 713
    Hats off to you!

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    24 years... And 4 years in DC and in the comics..

However, in my childhood I readed comics too.. Then, nothing.. Until 4 years ago..
    4 good years!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    43 here. First issue of Batman was 357 and I haven't missed anything since.
    More hat doffing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    28. Not as long as most people here, partly because the New52 reboot wrecked a lot of what I liked pre-Flashpoint (I grew up on the DC Animated Universe). Been expanding what I read for the last year, year and a half as more titles come out. Batman being the first I picked up.
    I mostly left comics from 2011 to 2014 because of the n52, so I totally understand.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

(Sees everyone listing their ages and Batman experience)

Uh...22 and a Batman fan for life who started seriously collecting during Batman: Reborn and the New 52 .

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    42, on and off since 1986.
    Huh?
    You've been 42 "on and off since 1986"?!?
    (Wouldn't that mean FDR was still President of the United States when you were born?)

21 here and collecting comics since before I could read. The first comic I read was an Asterix at seven, but I'm pretty sure my first comic was Batman/Spiderman (the first one) at the age of six or even younger

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

28, been a Batman nut since around B:TAS first debuted (which would put me at 3-4 when that came out I think). I don't believe I've actually followed Batman on a monthly basis, at least for this long, until now. I mostly collected old various back issues and trades until Rebirth, though I sort of followed Morrison and Dini's runs before giving up and trade waiting.

As a fan of YEAR ONE and Bru's Catwoman King's use of Holly really was a kick to the (fan) groins. Can't remember being offended by Snyder, maybe by Morrison
    As someone who has no feelings for Holly beyond apathy, I can't say I'm bothered by King's use of her. This is probably the most I've been interested in her, especially as she's still sympathetic. I mean, no tears are being shed for the dudes she killed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is probably the most I've been interested in her,
    I've always found her far more interesting and likable than Selina, who for me most of the time is a character I'm apathetic to. (She's at her best WITH Holly for me)

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I mean, no tears are being shed for the dudes she killed.
    I obviously only know what I've been told about this, but are you saying that she didn't kill any children along with the terrorists?

Also, would you be thinking this way if Selina had been the mass murderer? Cause I remember tons of people being outraged when they thought that to be the case.

I obviously only know what I've been told about this, but are you saying that she didn't kill any children along with the terrorists?
    The terrorists killed children, but I don't remember anything said about Holly killing children when she went after the terrorists.