Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only 30?

You must be young.
    Hahaha! I'm 35.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman and most titles associated with him do well even when they are garbage.
    Sad, but true. I think even 'Tec has gone downhill since Rebirth started, but it still puts up big sales numbers every month, just because it's a Batman book.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Batman is at best "Meh". At least for me. I'm more impressed with how good the Superman titles have been after Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Batman is at best "Meh". At least for me. I'm more impressed with how good the Superman titles have been after Rebirth.
    I totally agree that the Superman titles have been consistently blowing the Batman titles out of the water since Rebirth began. And that's coming from someone who usually enjoys Batman more than Superman.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Tom King is writing my favorite Batman stories ever. I'd pay 10 times the price and call it a bargain.
    Shhh. Don't tell DC that. We like our #2.99 twice a month titles.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I don`t know. Why is it?

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I totally agree that the Superman titles have been consistently blowing the Batman titles out of the water since Rebirth began. And that's coming from someone who usually enjoys Batman more than Superman.
    I've read both for about the same length of time as you. Supes is my favorite hero, but Batman is a close second (at least in DC). I enjoy Batman, but I relate more to Superman. I am absolutely loving that he has Jon and Lois. One of the things I loved about Superman back when John Byrne rebooted him was that he kept the Kents alive. There was such a great family dynamic in the Superman books, and although it's a different cast, that family feel is back again. Batman has a family of his own, but you don't see that dynamic shine quite as much as you do in Superman.

I personally thing that is interesting, but i'm not loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    So i like Batman and going by the best Rebirth titles, Batman seems to be top. Reading the Bane arc I felt it ended abruptly. Went on to the Flash arc and realized half the arc is on Flash's line, wth. I didn't want to have to get Flash books as well. What is this marketing rubbish? I remember before 52 the storylines were within the title or maybe it was 52, whichever Court of Owl was on. Any of these Rebirth not having tie-ins?
    To be fair, if you don't care about crossovers, you could skip them, at least the ones that have come up since Rebirth started in the Bat book. You won't be missing much. The first one, Night Of The Monster Men I think it was called,is more important, but still you can keep reading King's Batman without reading it, the only thing it deals with is the finale to the Hugo Strange arc. The Button is completely skippable, at least if you are not interested in Doomsday Clock, and even then, it feels more like a teaser than as an important piece to the overall story, it's very enjoyable though. If you want what could be called as the epilogue to the I Am Trilogy, it can be found in issue #24 (issue #23 is a beautiful standalone story). I actually liked the abruptly way in which I Am Bane ended, and I've been really loving King's run since I Am Suicide started
    Last edited by Chubistian; 10-02-2017 at 11:04 AM.

I am with:

-Detective Comics
    -Red Hood Outlaws
    -Nightwing

All the chapters of these 3 comics..

About Batman... I only saw certain things(I prefer Detective Comics).. and less with Duke here.. because harper will be in detective comics....

Riddler name is enough for make me leave one batman saga, even with Joker.. One SAD joker........Even Joker is sad for him..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-02-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Hahaha! I'm 35.
    Like I said . . . young.

For a King book, it's not quite up to par with his other works. At its best, when King is diving into contained character studies (the Swamp Thing issue, Rooftops, etc), it's outstanding. In other arcs such a WoJaR, it feels like collection of clever ideas that aren't fully capitalized on. Overall, it's still easily one of the better Rebirth books, and one of the top Bat books currently out.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    For a King book, it's not quite up to par with his other works . . .
    . . . Overall, it's still easily one of the better Rebirth books, and one of the top Bat books currently out.
    Not exactly a glowing endorsement for most of the current Rebirth line . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Like I said . . . young.
    35 is old as bricks, i'm 20 and that's super old

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Tom King is writing my favorite Batman stories ever. I'd pay 10 times the price and call it a bargain.
    I'm 30, almost 31, and I've been reading casually since 2000, seriously since about 2004/5ish, and obsessively since 2014. I'm the oldest ever!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord