Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Still not a fan of how Nightwing is drawn in this book, but the art style fits Batgirl pretty well, and since this is her book, I'm not going to complain too much. Looking forward to this.

I always enjoy some nice Batgirl/Nigtwing team-ups .

The flashbacks with Robin and Batgirl are still pretty cute. I like how Larson is writing teen Dick and Babs' dynamic, and it's kind of nice getting to see their relationship develop like this and the seeds of the attraction between them starting to form. Almost feels like a continuation of their dynamic from Batgirl: Year One.

Did Barbara already know Bruce Wayne is Batman by this point? Because she probably does now after learning his ward is Robin.

I look forward to the flashbacks more so than anything. New 52 really lacked character history so finally being able to fill in some blanks. Plus I love early year stories.

Looks cute.

I'm surprised they never tried to make a comic series like this. Set with Dick and Babs in high school with her just starting out as Batgirl and Dick as Robin trying to help her and push her in the right direction. Maybe they both go to the same high school and could be in the same class. I dunno. I feel like there is a lot they could do with that kind of concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm surprised they never tried to make a comic series like this. Set with Dick and Babs in high school with her just starting out as Batgirl and Dick as Robin trying to help her and push her in the right direction. Maybe they both go to the same high school and could be in the same class. I dunno. I feel like there is a lot they could do with that kind of concept.
    Tbh, it's what the New 52 should've been, lol. Teen Dick leading the TT, headlining a Robin book, etc.

"I'm a gentleman." XD

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    "I'm a gentleman." XD
    Well, it is Dick Grayson .

I like both covers!

Im really liking this. Also i think that might be the first time Dick has ever turned down Babs. Which is interesting.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They did - Batgirl Year One. DC quashed the Year One initiative that Beatty and Dixon were pushing to follow up with the three major ones they did (Batgirl, Robin, and Nightwing).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    They did - Batgirl Year One. DC quashed the Year One initiative that Beatty and Dixon were pushing to follow up with the three major ones they did (Batgirl, Robin, and Nightwing).
    So there were plans for more, either continuations or more Year One style books?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So there were plans for more, either continuations or more Year One style books?
    Oh, yes! http://scottbeatty.blogspot.com/2016...eatty-and.html
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Batgirl was in college already in Batgirl Year One I believe. I was referring to something more like we saw this issue with the two of them clearly still being high school age with a more of a high school setting.