Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Lara Croft Trailer

I feel it looks passable. Not very exciting but should be okay to spend some money on if you just want a simple action film. Looks like a loose plot of the reboot with the tone of the original games.

Fantastic Member

I'm actually quite intriged by the trailer

Could be interesting but they shoulda just followed the game plot and made it mostly a survival movie. Let her go out looking for trouble in a sequel. And you cant take from the reboots and not include Jonah. They shoulda got Jerry from the walking dead to play Jonah and had him in this. Hes the heart of the reboots

"If you're seeing this then I'm dead" cliche.

Doesn't look bad to me but... I think I'm probably the only person alive who finds Alicia Vikander not to my taste as an actress.

There are a handful of actors who just annoy me for reasons not connected to their objective acting ability... she's one of them. Maybe I'm allergic or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Doesn't look bad to me but... I think I'm probably the only person alive who finds Alicia Vikander not to my taste as an actress.

There are a handful of actors who just annoy me for reasons not connected to their objective acting ability... she's one of them. Maybe I'm allergic or something.
    Lol there is a guy i work with whos a nice enough guy but something about him i just dont like for some reason. I call him F*** face.

Still think following the reboots without Jonah is dumb. Hes great because hes not a love intrest for her at all. Lu ren or whatever Daniels charatcers name is will most defintely be a love interest im guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Still think following the reboots without Jonah is dumb. Hes great because hes not a love intrest for her at all. Lu ren or whatever Daniels charatcers name is will most defintely be a love interest im guessing.
    Which is kind of creepy, because I believe he is taking the slot of Roth, who was more of a mentor/father figure. At least they went to the struggle of de-aging him, before they tried to hook them up.

As far as this trailer goes, I think it's a bit too cheesy for my tastes. I normally like cheesy, but the idea was that they were modeling this film off of the 2013 reboot, so I expected something a bit more serious. I'm also upset that they got rid of Sam, in addition to getting rid of Jonah.

I'm also sick to death of Hollywood's obsession with focusing on father-daughter relationships when it comes to action heroines, whilst completely ignoring mother-daughter relationships. Wonder Woman is one of the few films I've seen recently that averts that.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Which is kind of creepy, because I believe he is taking the slot of Roth, who was more of a mentor/father figure. At least they went to the struggle of de-aging him, before they tried to hook them up.

As far as this trailer goes, I think it's a bit too cheesy for my tastes. I normally like cheesy, but the idea was that they were modeling this film off of the 2013 reboot, so I expected something a bit more serious. I'm also upset that they got rid of Sam, in addition to getting rid of Jonah.

I'm also sick to death of Hollywood's obsession with focusing on father-daughter relationships when it comes to action heroines, whilst completely ignoring mother-daughter relationships. Wonder Woman is one of the few films I've seen recently that averts that.
    Yea its kinda weird. The reboot was such a good story they shoulda stuck to it. I liked that she was a scared girl who had skills clealry but become thee Lara Croft bu just fighting to survive for most the game and only the end does it become superheroish. Also like i said twicr already i hate that Jonah not in it. He was my favorite charatcer and the only one to stick with Lara into the sequel. Plus Jerry from the walking dead would be so perfect. Im sry i dont know the actors name i dont feel like googling it.

All that said i like the cast and this looks like it could be fun.

I had no idea they were plucking from the recent games until I saw a still of the ice pick. I love the new games and need to finish the second one. There is this underlying glow of cheesiness/cliche though that makes me feel like it wont be memorable. Not bad, not too good, just safe and predictable.

BANNED

It feels like it's going to be bad. I'm not saying it looks bad, it just has that feeling.

On the plus side, love Dominic West; happy to see him in a big feature film

BANNED

Looks like it could be good. The directors last movie The Wave was pretty good, interesting to see he's doing a big Hollywood movie now.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am worried that the premise of following her father's footsteps makes it a tad similar to the original Jodie movie, but she has the right look for modern Lara. Let's just hope this is the film which defies the 'video game movies tend to suck' situation (even though I thought Assassin's Creed was actually pretty good).

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "If you're seeing this then I'm dead" cliche.
    The movie is sure to tank now.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am worried that the premise of following her father's footsteps makes it a tad similar to the original Jodie movie, but she has the right look for modern Lara. Let's just hope this is the film which defies the 'video game movies tend to suck' situation (even though I thought Assassin's Creed was actually pretty good).
    Hey those movies were fun stupid. It's an action game adapted, so fun stupid is what i expect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I feel it looks passable. Not very exciting but should be okay to spend some money on if you just want a simple action film. Looks like a loose plot of the reboot with the tone of the original games.
    I'm an old Lara/TR fan from the 90's. And this isn't Lara Croft. This is Elsabeth Salander (ie. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo). Lara is supposed to be charismatic and confident. A modern day Emma Peel. Vikander can't even do a half decent (RP) English for heavens sake!

Action looks nice. But sad not surprisingly Vikander is being true to form and giving the same, robotic aspergerish performance that I've seen her do in Uncle and Bourne. She has zero charisma. Thousands of British and Australian actresses out there and they went with her? This part should have gone to Daisy Ridley whom they had been hailing as shoe in until it went to Vikander.