Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

This was golf channel like boring. Mutants running from the government. What an original idea. Wish somebody would bring something fresh to the premise.

We now have one show starring Xavier's son and one show starring Magneto's daughter...
    I need to see this crossover! (yes, I'm getting ahead of myself, but c'mon...)

Regarding the show, it's more interesting that I'd initially thought from the description about the family on the run. I figured it was going to be like "Midnight Special" but with mutants, and it still might be, but the involvement of the Mutant Underground and the story being split between the kids/mom and dad/Polaris in jail has me hopeful that it will have a wider scope and be more interesting than the "on the run" formula.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Well, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did it. I think Iron Man 2 also did it. Or are you talking about only X-Men?
    The X-Men theme, specifically. And Raimi's first Spider-Man movie had the Naked Cowboy singing the old cartoon theme song. I don't know what you're referring to with Iron Man 2.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    We now have one show starring Xavier's son and one show starring Magneto's daughter...
    I need to see this crossover! (yes, I'm getting ahead of myself, but c'mon...)

Regarding the show, it's more interesting that I'd initially thought from the description about the family on the run. I figured it was going to be like "Midnight Special" but with mutants, and it still might be, but the involvement of the Mutant Underground and the story being split between the kids/mom and dad/Polaris in jail has me hopeful that it will have a wider scope and be more interesting than the "on the run" formula.
    I like the way you think
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

trolling...trolling the mutants are the alt right, right? and evil government is hrc.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    trolling...trolling the mutants are the alt right, right? and evil government is hrc.
    Uh no. Mutants have been an alagory for of tv since Morrison's run and before that they were basically the Jewish people so if anything the government is trump. But even still the "evil government" has been chasing mutant kind since before Clinton or Trump were born.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Uh no. Mutants have been an alagory for of tv since Morrison's run and before that they were basically the Jewish people so if anything the government is trump. But even still the "evil government" has been chasing mutant kind since before Clinton or Trump were born.
    I think underestimate how old they are but seriously yeah the government hunting mutants and them being an allegory for minorities has been there since day one pretty much and like anything people will project what they want but this story wouldn't been told Of Obama, Bill Clinton, Bushes, Reagan, or Carter in the WH if done.

To anyone that isn't really liking this, do what I did and watch Inhumans first. This looks like a slam dunk for an Emmy next to that hot mess. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...ries-premiere/

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think underestimate how old they are but seriously yeah the government hunting mutants and them being an allegory for minorities has been there since day one pretty much and like anything people will project what they want but this story wouldn't been told Of Obama, Bill Clinton, Bushes, Reagan, or Carter in the WH if done.
    Did you drunk type this message.

Matt "peace out suckas"

I did under estimate how I
    Old they are by about 20 years but still. It doesn't matter who is in the oval office the super hero genre is a commodity and the x-men is a popular franchise. Shows about characters on the run from authority figures is nothing new.

Incredible hulk, the fugitive, dark angel, are the first ones to come to mind.

Matt "peace out suckas"

I thought the pilot got pretty exciting towards the end. I had some issues with the episode, but I'm willing to give it a pass because network pilots can be underwhelming. Thought the dialogue scenes felt really dated, like I was watching a show from the mid-2000s. I really hope they improve that aspect but I suspect they won't.

So we all know that Andy & Lauren are very loosely based on Andrea and Andreas von Strucker. There is a part of me that hopes this show is actually a supervillain origin story and they do eventually become Fenris, minus the white supremacist part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yea Stan Lee said Xavier was suppose to be like MLK and Magneto Malcom X. Though mutants didnt stand for just black but all minorities and "Others". They just stood for MLk anD Malcoms approaches to battling bigotry

Ultimate Member

Yay, Mama Weston! Maybe he'll get Jesse back on the straight and narrow?

Mighty Member

Best scene was the prison showers. Ha! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yay, Mama Weston! Maybe he'll get Jesse back on the straight and narrow?
    We need Bruce Campbell.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!