Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I guess it would depend on what Marvel decided to do with the X-properties. However, there are a few things going for the show that might protect it:
    • The Gifted isn't using big, marquee X-Names, other than Polaris, so there's likely to be little major conflict with major new projects
    • If it's performing well, might as well take the brand-boost, and the lucre, and run
    • If its performing well, might want to keep the showrunners happy to see if they can clone their success with another nobody-ever-heard-of-them franchise, like Sons of the Tiger for example, or MI 13

Most of that, you'll note, requires that the show do well.
    Has it been doing well?
    Haven't watched its numbers that closely. Hence the multiple "If"s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I don't know, but after seeing the latest episode, I am loving what we are getting with super hero shows from marvel now.

Agents of Shield
    Runaways
    Gifted

All three are top notch imo. I like each of these more than all the marvel/netflix shows.
    I like all 3 those show but i like every netflix show except Iron Fist more. Ill admit the netflix shows are a bit slower but i like what each on has had to say. So i dont mind the talking heads and side storys. Iron Fist was a chore to finish for me though

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Esme is a terrible person, I really hope the heroes don't wishi-washi her bullshit in the next episode.
    It was a bit silly in a strong ep how the leadership of the underground let the new girl in the group decide their plans, trick them so easily.

Did the dream girl really die that easily?
    I took it as Esme artfully using her power, pulling out a memory from someone, then posing a question or suggestion based around that memory so that it seemed much more reasonable to the target. They were pretty explicit about it with Polaris, might have been a lot more of that going on in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I like all 3 those show but i like every netflix show except Iron Fist more. Ill admit the netflix shows are a bit slower but i like what each on has had to say. So i dont mind the talking heads and side storys. Iron Fist was a chore to finish for me though
    You cant compare this show, Runaways, Shield to Netflix superhero shows, you can see the bigger budget, different ambition level by Netflix and co. Those shows except Iron Fist hire quality writers, movie actors, strong tv actors, use New York to create a big world of that is better fit for MU street level hero stories than even 2 hours big budget superhero movie. Daredevil, Punisher is like 13 hours long strong,good looking superhero/action/crime films.

Gifted is good by Fox standards but its real tiny tv world in comparision to the world Netflix money can create.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i will miss dreamer, that actress is so hot
    we can be heroes, just for one day

obviously everyone's mileage will vary, but I actually prefer Gifted to the Netflix shows. I absolutely loved DD S2 and JJ, DD S1 and Punisher were good, and Defenders was alright.. but I still would choose Gifted over them. I think it's better paced, for one, and though it has its cheesy moments I love all of the X-Men references and the attention to detail. Gifted and Legion are my #1 Marvel shows.

But I also prefer X-Men over any other Marvel franchise, so there's that.

Pacing is definitely one aspect of this show I like over the Netflix shows. Even in the best series such as DD and JJ, there is sooooo much dialogue. Too much, which contributes to the unofficial 13 episode rule. The Netflix shows get bogged down. They can be trimmed down to 10.

The Gifted will have more episodes, and much more plot progress. Better pacing.

Oh, and yes, a sad farewell to Dreamer. Good Grief, is she beautiful. Cool powers, too.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    You cant compare this show, Runaways, Shield to Netflix superhero shows, you can see the bigger budget, different ambition level by Netflix and co. Those shows except Iron Fist hire quality writers, movie actors, strong tv actors, use New York to create a big world of that is better fit for MU street level hero stories than even 2 hours big budget superhero movie. Daredevil, Punisher is like 13 hours long strong,good looking superhero/action/crime films.

Gifted is good by Fox standards but its real tiny tv world in comparision to the world Netflix money can create.
    Gifted has been a show with a smaller scope, but shield has a VASTLY larger scope than anything marvel on Netflix dared to do.

Boisterously Confused

Q: if Esme was that powerful even before hooking up with her sisters, why all the sneaky manipulation stuff? Why not just brute force some desired behaviors?

We don't know how long her full-on domination power will work when she's not focussed on it. My guess is, not very long. It seemed to me that she had to concentrate on dominating someone for the entire time of the domination. Manipulating might be all she could do to have multiple moving parts (people) doing her bidding.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    We don't know how long her full-on domination power will work when she's not focussed on it. My guess is, not very long. It seemed to me that she had to concentrate on dominating someone for the entire time of the domination. Manipulating might be all she could do to have multiple moving parts (people) doing her bidding.
    That works. In The Old Days, I think you would be eligible for a NoPrize.

I don't typically root for villains/antagonists/bad guys, but when Esme was pulling off her TP magic toward the end I was squeeing internally. Such a boss sequence, even if she did draw a lot of innocent blood. Apparently the other two Cuckoos appearing were Sophie and Phoebe? So that's two of the Five-in-One that aren't around any more in the comics, and we've yet to see Mindee and Celeste (and I'm guessing we won't, as they'll likely just keep it a Three-in-One).
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I don't typically root for villains/antagonists/bad guys, but when Esme was pulling off her TP magic toward the end I was squeeing internally. Such a boss sequence, even if she did draw a lot of innocent blood. Apparently the other two Cuckoos appearing were Sophie and Phoebe? So that's two of the Five-in-One that aren't around any more in the comics, and we've yet to see Mindee and Celeste (and I'm guessing we won't, as they'll likely just keep it a Three-in-One).
    I completely forgot there was originally 5. Hell I had completely forgot they had names I just called the the Stepford Cuckoos.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I have to say Jace has become one of the more compelling villains in the genre. He's not BWAHAHA at all. He's a really convincing portrayal of someone who's been pushed to the breaking point by people who are just trying to survive, but nonetheless have done terrible things themselves.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I have to say Jace has become one of the more compelling villains in the genre. He's not BWAHAHA at all. He's a really convincing portrayal of someone who's been pushed to the breaking point by people who are just trying to survive, but nonetheless have done terrible things themselves.
    Agreed. The Underground has done some serious dirty stuff in this show, but has been pushed there. Jace has done some serious dirty stuff, but has also been pushed there.