Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Gifted Trailer

https://youtu.be/TSvX-azZmG4

This looks decent.

I wish they had given Polaris Green hair and I had to look up Eclipse to realize it was Sunspot. Also I really hope Polaris flys at some point. And I am sad that Polaris can never have Havok.

Yeah, this definitely looks good. I'm glad to see some familiar characters as well as actors. My heart longs for Jamie Chung, and I think Moyer and Lind will nail their roles.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Default The Gifted 9pm Mondays on Fox

https://goo.gl/images/anEXEB
    20171001_205339.jpg
    https://youtu.be/qTzW9rMcbzk
    Two ordinary parents take their family on the run from the government when they discover that their children have mutant abilities, and join an underground community of mutants who have to fight to survive.
    The Gifted is set to begin airing on October 2, 2017, for a 10-episode run. It has received mostly positive reviews from critics, particularly for its social commentary and cast.
    I am super excited for this. Mainly because of Emma Dumont for Polaris but I'm sure Thunderbird and Blink will rock as well. Eclipse is the x-factor here. I would have used Sunspot or someone from the actual x mythos.

I'm really glad it is set to only run ten episodes a season and won't be stretched out over 22-24 episodes. Can't wait for tomorrow night. Should be fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Qwerty; 10-02-2017 at 06:05 AM.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Thanks for posting this, Qwerty!

I knew it was getting near time, but I wasn't sure when exactly and the time. Now I won't miss it!

Hate that my shared images are so small.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Hate that my shared images are so small.
    Had the same problem until I started posting the url's in between the image brackets. Also worked great with gif's
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Starting now

Matt "peace out suckas"

I wonder why they made the family Struckers rather than Trasks or Strykers

Great acting from Lorna. I wonder what Reed showed her? Her parentage or is she pregnant? I'm calling it she is pregnant. The Strucker boy just told his sister not to get pregnant seems kind of telling. Also bad move giving the sister such a similar name to Lorna.

Yup pregnant. Weird choice for the first episode.

Gotta wonder what the Oakwood incident was.
    Last edited by Qwerty; 10-02-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Matt "peace out suckas"

What's the continuity here. When did the XMen disappear?
    Is this related to any XMen movie?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

These X-Men shows have been good.

Mighty Member

Were those spider like drones suppose to be a different version of the Sentinels? They looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Were those spider like drones suppose to be a different version of the Sentinels? They looked awesome.
    That's what I thought.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What's the continuity here. When did the XMen disappear?
    Is this related to any XMen movie?
    Not sure. They do claim it is in the x-men universe but I'm not sure what continuity. Loved the old cartoon theme as the ring tone.

Matt "peace out suckas"

It was pretty cool. Great to see Proudstar.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

WOW.

How cool was this show?!?! The opening sequence was outstanding. Action packed right off the bat. No slow build up. I loved it!

Blink 'porting herself and part of the police car somewhere else was really neat. I just wish the scar over her eye was more prominent. It's hard to see it sometimes.

Polaris was amazing too. The green light effect of her powers when she uses them looks great. Marcos seems cool too.

I like how the Strucker's dad, Reed, was a mutant prosecutor but then found out his kids were mutants. Him and his wife (played by the amazing Amy Acker) now get to see what the system is like for the mutants that he helped put away. Nice touch, by the way, with the "Sentinel Services" program.

LOL! Marcos' ring tone is the X-Men cartoon theme song.

Huh, so Polaris is pregnant. I didn't expect that. No wonder she got angry when Reed was talking to her.

I absolutely love the new design of the Sentinels. Instead of big, bulky robots, they're spider-like creatures that are fast and adaptable. Super cool.

Proudstar's powers are really sweet too! I hope they show more of his enhances senses in this fashion.

IMO though, Blink and Polaris stole the show. They're good actors with super amazing powers. Of course, I am a little biased since I've been a huge Blink fan for quite a while.

Andy looks to be the most powerful of them all. The kid can't even control his powers yet and he's mega powerful.

Darn, this episode just flew by quick. And it was a million times better than the awful Inhumans.

Overall, a fantastic episode. Great casting, amazing story, brilliant dialogue and character interaction, and some incredible special effects. I give it an A+

BTW, there's a larger thread covering this show in the X-Men section. Be warned though, it has spoilers in it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor