Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I still watch em all except supergirl. Just not enough time.

Iono why but i really like the actor who plays John. Kinda wish he coulda played Warpath(a better character imo) in a xforce movie. But regardless hes killing it on this show imo. Though from what little i remember of Thunderbird he was an *******. So i doubt this version is very faithfull

Did they ever revive him in the comics? Or does he only pop up in event involving the dead?

Yeah, I don't have enough time either, so Gifted gets priority. SG and Flash are losing me. I have Legends on DVR, and Arrow is forgotten.

Yeah, John is definitely killin' it this season. I also agree Warpath is a better character. I have no idea if he's been revived. Is Warpath still around, btw?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I thought it was generic looking but after wtahching it its one of my favorite shows atm. Its deep in a very subtle way
    Yea, for sure. I thought you coulda slapped the name heroes on it or any other name and no one would no the difference and have a max shelf life of one season. But this is something i am definitely glad to be wrong about.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Yeah, I don't have enough time either, so Gifted gets priority. SG and Flash are losing me. I have Legends on DVR, and Arrow is forgotten.

Yeah, John is definitely killin' it this season. I also agree Warpath is a better character. I have no idea if he's been revived. Is Warpath still around, btw?
    Havent kept up but last i checked he was a member of Old man Logans Weapons x team. And then real Wolverines Xforce team before that.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Did they ever revive him in the comics? Or does he only pop up in event involving the dead?
    He was the main focus character a few years back in a mini about dead X-Men returning during the Chaos War event. He showed that he had the potential to be a great leader if he could get past all of his anger and need to constantly prove himself. He went back to being dead at the end of the event, though.

He was also resurrected by Selene during Necrosha, but he was mostly under her control for that event. I think he had a few moments of clarity, but they were mostly used to help Warpath get past his own issues and save the day. Again, he went back to being dead when the event ended.

During Age of Apocalypse back in the 90's, there was a version of John Proudstar that was responsible for ferrying people who didn't want to live under Apocalypse's rule to the Savage Land. The premise is somewhat similar to John's role in the Gifted, but the AoA Proudstar was still kind of an ******* and got one of his fingers teleported off by Nightcrawler when he got in his face.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I'm paying for the series via direct episode streams from amazon, so hopefully that helps out production costs and makes the show more viable. I am trying to do this more for the shows I really like and want to ensure they stick around.
    Hulu runs them the day following cablecast.

...Though from what little i remember of Thunderbird he was an *******. So i doubt this version is very faithfull
    As originally written, Thunderbird was pretty shallow, but then (IMO), so was Wolverine almost up until Byrne entered the creative team. I sometimes wonder what Mr. Proudstar might have been with a creative champion, and with time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Hulu runs them the day following cablecast.

As originally written, Thunderbird was pretty shallow, but then (IMO), so was Wolverine almost up until Byrne entered the creative team. I sometimes wonder what Mr. Proudstar might have been with a creative champion, and with time to develop.
    I feel like john woulda been warpath but more outgoing and more of a leader. Iono i jist like james 100x more then john

Of all the underdeveloped marvel characters i want more of Warpath is at the top of that list

Edit: would also be cool since were never gonna see james if John gets his Dual Bowie Knives. Just make them adamantium instead of Vibranium and have some D list Xmen member whos in hiding and secretly helping the underground give it to him as a gift. Forge maybe
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-09-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Tomorrow new episode, yay
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Since John confirmed the xmen put him in charge of the underground do we think we ever get an Xmen in the show? It would have to be a d lister who wont be in a movies like forge/Or Morph(show has taken stuff from TAS already so why not that made up version of morph) . or maybe Sunfire since him and John have some history with the xmen together.

Good episode so far

Mighty Member

Look's like the brotherhood of evil mutants is about to be reborn.

Incredible Member

It's official, I want illusion boys powers. I am pretty sure I can create entire worlds beyond what he's been able to think up.

Yes, his powers were cool, he was kinda bullyed tho :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    It's official, I want illusion boys powers. I am pretty sure I can create entire worlds beyond what he's been able to think up.
    Yeah, but in the end it's still just an illusion.

I figure it gets boring after a while.

Anyways, the show keeps deliviring. I'm especially hooked on Agent Turner's developement. I'm interested in wheter he will continue walking down his dark path or eventually turn back?

Yes , wtf when that mutant harmed that old lady