Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    What about the developments that are Jean and Logan coming back?
    * And Charles....

I thiiiiiink I missed the part where the post author used the word "Your", and my mind read "The".

MY Definitive X-Team is two books, with four small casts that have umbrella goals but somewhat friction-filled interactions.

X-Men Gold global intervention and mutant rescue team, "Avengers"
    Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler
    with Illyana and Rachel

X-Men Blue mutant corrections program, "Thunderbolts"
    Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue
    with Blob, Toad, Frenzy, and Unuscione

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters young mutant boarding school, "Young Justice"
    Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Hank McCoy
    with Dust, Synch, Armor, and the Stepford Cuckoos

Big Brotherhood malfeasance
    Gambit
    with Jubilee

And I'd give Psylocke her own book.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 03-18-2018 at 09:49 AM.

To me the characters that need to be on an X-Men team to make it iconic and definitive are Jean, Storm, Rogue, Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine & Professor X of course. Those seven are pretty much a must have. After them you’ll probably also need Nightcrawler & Shadowcat.

To me those are the characters that have to be on a definitive X-Men team. Colossus is a borderline case for me since there have been plenty of incarnations that didn’t have him on the core team and I don’t think he is absolutely necessary to have an iconic team. Same goes for Psylocke.

After that there are only Angel & Iceman who I think can lay claim to being iconic and definitive X-Men. However neither of them is necessary to have a recognizable all-star X-Men team.

So basically my definitive core X-Men would be Blue & Gold team with Bishop & Jubilee switched out for Nightcrawler & Shadowcat, I guess.

As for other iconic x-characters who have been X-Men like Bishop, Cable, Jubilee & Magneto, etc. I think that they haven’t been really cemented as core defining X-Men. Usually other media (and a lot of the actual comics) depict them as pretty big and important characters who aren’t part of the core X-Men team. This is especially true for Gambit who is a weird character in that he’s a pretty huge x-character who is recognizable and has been part of the core team for a long period both in comics and in other media but isn’t depicted that way very often nowadays. Now he’s usually a non-member who still hangs around the team but isn’t associated with it as much. At the moment he strikes me as a type of character who was very popular during a specific era but has since fallen to a much smaller role. And while my instincts say he is a core X-Man (after all, I grew up watching TAS) all of that makes me think that he’s not important enough anymore to be counted as absolutely necessary for a defining X-Men team.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 03-18-2018 at 10:26 AM.

I would have:

Prof X
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Storm
    Jean Grey
    Cyclops
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    Kitty Pryde
    Rogue
    Psylocke
    Emma Frost
    Magik
    Monet

I would also have occasional appearance from Gambit but just for short stays nothing permanent. Same thing for Bishop. I would have Jubilee, Iceman, Angel, Polaris and Havoc training younger mutants in another book
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Relaunching the X-Line with 2 core books.

X-MEN Written by Mike Carey

XAVIER
    STORM
    BEAST
    ROGUE
    X-MAN
    TEMPUS

NEW X-MEN Written by Kyle & Yost

PRODIGY
    SURGE
    ELIXIR
    ANOLE
    ROCKSLIDE
    LAURA (X-23)
    DUST
    PIXIE
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    In your opinion, who's on your definitive X-Men team?
    This isn't a thread asking you about what X-Men you'd like on a team. It's asking you who you think the main X-Men are.

In my opinion, it's Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman, Beast, Storm, Jean, Rogue, and Kitty.
    Each of these characters have had solos, (to varying degrees of success) have appeared in movies or cartoons, and are some of their most iconic characters.
    Who do I think the X-Men are ... it's difficult, because there's been so many eras of "X-Men" that it's become ridiculous.

But if I had to pick "The Defining" X-Men members...

1. Cyclops
    2. Storm
    3. Wolverine
    4. Nightcrawler
    5. Colossus
    6. Kitty
    7. Rogue
    8. Gambit
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!