Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Cyclops like Jerry from Rick and Morty?

Is Scott like Jerry from Rick and Morty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCzmOknrN70

Does Scott use is shitty life and neurosis to prey on those around him for special treatment? Sure Scott isn't as pathetic as Jerry but He's not really one of the most put together X-men. It was said in a Comic that Xavier made him Leader because he really didn't have much else going for him. Do people think of Scott ‘Oh, this poor piece of shit – he never gets a break. I can’t stand the deafening silent wails of his wilting soul, I guess I’ll hire him or marry him.'”?

Xavier made him leader because he is a master tactician and strategist, He was best for the job, so he made him into a leader and never bother teaching him how to control his powers. Scott when he is suffering he has pull away from ppl not wanting to talk or be with them. But the ppl around him don't want him to be alone so they come to him to make him talk about his pain.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

no
    scott is a broken man, but he is still a hero and has the balls to do what is needed.
    yeah he has some nervous and insecurity problems, we all do but he still fights when he has to.
    besides in universe nobody gives a damn about his problem or are fast to judge him.

Scott wasn't a master tactician and strategist when Xavier found him. He was a runaway orphan and being manipulated by a diamond skinned telepathic criminal. Charles found him based on an FBI dossier because his uncontrolled optic blast was caught on a local news station and was inciting anti-mutant hysteria. He was the first of the active team, and he was trained and studied and practiced and learned to be a great tactician and strategist, but it was revealed in Astonishing that Xavier picked him to lead because he had nothing else going for him(compared to god-like Angel who's terrible good with people, or super-smart, older, quarterback Hank), and he might defect without a leadership role.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I would say yes.

BANNED

hahahahahahah

Oh my god, I love Cyclops haters. They are so funny. LOL

BANNED

Is Jerry a crybaby while all the characters around him are villainized/stooged to give him things to whine about and make him look good?

I don't watch Rick and Morty.

The rrrhate is strong in this one. The mutant race would be gone if not for him, he's villainized in any and all situations, and all other characters whine about him. He makes the tough calls no one else is willing to make and is vilified for it, while all other characters come out smelling like roses. I don't see how an honest appraisal of the last few years of X-Men comics could come to any other conclusion. Storm was straight up copying his playbook and everyone was calling her the savior of the mutant race, while Cyclops was criticized on all sides. I'm not saying he didn't deserve some criticism, but it made the other characters look petty when they wouldn't stop with the rrrhate.

Please. Storm did the whole 'by any means necessary' thing back in the 80's, while Scott was still pretending to be a mutant hunter. If anything, he stole from her playbook.

Besides, y'all wanna bring up Xavier making him leader out of pity, how about all of the abuse Xavier put him through? Letting him stay in an abusive orphanage, wiping Gabriel from his mind, meddling with Dark Phoenix when Scott was almost through to Jean, trying to undermine his authority within the X-Men, arriving with a strike team to kill him in AvX when he hadn't done anything wrong unprovoked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Please. Storm did the whole 'by any means necessary' thing back in the 80's, while Scott was still pretending to be a mutant hunter. If anything, he stole from her playbook.
    That's what we call "old continuity." Nothing before the Holy Trinity of True X-Men Greatness (Morrison, Whedon, and Fraction) counts. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Besides, y'all wanna bring up Xavier making him leader out of pity, how about all of the abuse Xavier put him through? Letting him stay in an abusive orphanage, wiping Gabriel from his mind, meddling with Dark Phoenix when Scott was almost through to Jean, trying to undermine his authority within the X-Men, arriving with a strike team to kill him in AvX when he hadn't done anything wrong unprovoked.
    Yes, we know. Xavier and everyone has disappointed Cyclops and failed to live up to him.

I think that's what this thread is about.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 10-01-2017 at 05:25 PM.

BANNED

Yes, and Emma is Beth.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm was extreme when it was uncalled for, but no one criticized her, at least not on the same level as when Cyclops did the same when there were basically only a few hundred mutants left. Storm, Beast, Kitty, etc. were appalled that Cyclops created X-Force and sanctioned assassinations and left him over that, but when some of them found out about Wolverine's X-Force, they actively assisted him. It's only wrong when Cyclops does it, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    That's what we call "old continuity." Nothing before the Holy Trinity of True X-Men Greatness (Morrison, Whedon, and Fraction) counts. lmao

Yes, we know. Xavier and everyone has disappointed Cyclops and failed to live up to him.

I think that's what this thread is about.
    Cyclops shouldn't be free of criticism, but that's not what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Storm was extreme when it was uncalled for
    I don't think The Mutant Massacre or Inferno were times when it was 'uncalled for'.

And let's just go to the canon, instead of sidestepping the issue at hand.

cykeleader.jpg

cykeleader2.jpg