Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

How did I know?

The moment I saw this cover

I was like

All because she looks scared instead of angry, that's all it comes down to.

Cause if you want to talk about sexually suggestive covers. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post

Although i hated post Death in the Family Joker,i loved Dixon's Joker story in AzBat period.He was an artist and not a killing machine.
    Yeah, that was a good one. That and him teaming up with Scarecrow

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    That is amazing.

Where do I start for reading on this latest Joker story?
    Endgame: Batman#35-40. Fallout from Endgame in Batman#41 (Robobat cop).

Fiendish Finger-Pointing

We have to understand that the Joker does not represent something whimsical or avoidable or trivial about evil. He is the only comic book super-villain who literally thinks that mischief and mayhem are funny or humorous.

While we understand that any evil-doer finds delight in anarchy, the Joker explicitly states that subversion is so delightful that it makes him laugh out loud.

True, he's a maniac, but he is also a by-product of our modern civilization obsessed with vanity/luxuries.

It is our modern world which gives rise to ghouls such as the following:
    1. Jack the Ripper
    2. Aileen Wuornos
    3. Adolf Hitler
    4. Ted Bundy
    5. David Duke
    6. Jeffrey Dahmer

The Joker capitulates these sorts of criminalities in a fiendish and deformed painted grin, perhaps reminding us that humanity breeds bloody drool.

joker.jpg

Wow. I couldn't find this thread. Awesome.
    Kind regards
    Godfather

"...Now, that's the power you can't buy! That's the power of fear​..."

Still one of the best joker covers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Still one of the best joker covers around.
    Which issue?
    Kind regards
    Godfather

"...Now, that's the power you can't buy! That's the power of fear​..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Which issue?
    Issue 41 of Batgirl. But the cover was pulled because it made a few people uncomfortable, despite being a variant and appearing on less than 10 percent of copies of that issue. It was fairly ridiculous, IMO.

How does that cover make people uncomfortable?

Also, I'm amazed that this thread isn't more popular...

Spectacular Member

I'm surprised when people say they've had enough of Joker. I think they should try giving Joker his own solo series again.

Joker has so much charisma that it's hard to not like this character and even forget he's a really bad super villain. Unlike Green Goblin, he has a lot of class and style. Plus, his insanity has a basis in the comics, as evidencd by not only his insane schemes. Even Martian Manhunter had trouble reading his mind and regulating his thoughts. Joker is the only character where portraying him as the angry madman and the goofy self-absorbed clown guy both make sense. He's kind of a self-aware character, like Deadpool or Loki's Mask, and I guess that's what makes him extra likeable and makes it possible to overlook that he's a mass murderer in the comics. You can't get mad with the guy because he's living in his own little world; he's insane and deadly, but he's insane, so it doesn't really matter. Joker is kind of like Gotham's Nero and Batman's Moriety, and I think that's fascinating.

I also think that Joker is a redeemable character if he's actually insane. All they would need to do is find a cure for Joker's insanity. Of course, no one really wants that to happen, but it is an interesting concept if Batman ever sings a swan song.

Joker can be the insane madman who tests Batman in an endless cat and mouse game, the eccentric yet harmless clown with wild schemes, and the psychological thrill killer who tries to haunt Batman in his bat cave. Those are all traits of the Joker that make him unpredictable and strangely likeable.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-20-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcomics View Post
    I'm surprised when people say they've had enough of Joker. I think they should try giving Joker his own solo series again.

Joker has so much charisma that it's hard to not like this character and even forget he's a really bad super villain. Unlike Green Goblin, he has a lot of class and style. Plus, his insanity has a basis in the comics, as evidencd by not only his insane schemes. Even Martian Manhunter had trouble reading his mind and regulating his thoughts. Joker is the only character where portraying him as the angry madman and the goofy self-absorbed clown guy both make sense. He's kind of a self-aware character, like Deadpool or Loki's Mask, and I guess that's what makes him extra likeable and makes it possible to overlook that he's a mass murderer in the comics. You can't get mad with the guy because he's living in his own little world; he's insane and deadly, but he's insane, so it doesn't really matter. Joker is kind of like Gotham's Nero and Batman's Moriety, and I think that's fascinating.

I also think that Joker is a redeemable character if he's actually insane. All they would need to do is find a cure for Joker's insanity. Of course, no one really wants that to happen, but it is an interesting concept if Batman ever sings a swan song.

Joker can be the insane madman who tests Batman in an endless cat and mouse game, the eccentric yet harmless clown with wild schemes, and the psychological thrill killer who tries to haunt Batman in his bat cave. Those are all traits of the Joker that make him unpredictable and strangely likeable.
    I think its more that people are tired of how he is used. Most people see him as the mass murdering psycho who Batman refuses to kill off for a increasingly weakening reason

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    I think its more that people are tired of how he is used. Most people see him as the mass murdering psycho who Batman refuses to kill off for a increasingly weakening reason
    The Joker character is a lot more than just a mass murdering psychopath, although he is definitely that, too. I'll admit, though, I didn't like the Joker character much, either, until I started reading the older comics. Now, I think Joker's probably one of the best characters in Batman.

Does this count as Joker-related? This is a link to Mark Hamill's Pop Culture Quest giving us a tour of DC studios and using his Joker voice in fun ways. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcQNwB3o4Zo

Hands down; Joker is what makes Batman. I thought Batman Beyond was a perfect Batman series because it left out the Joker and presented us with a young upbeat Batman in a dark world who fought dangerous looking enemies, but Return of the Joker was one of the best episodes. Batman is just missing something without that crazy clown.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-20-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Spectacular Member

Where are the Batman supervillain fans?

Well, some people might say the Joker is overused, but I think he's one of the most versatile supervillains Batman has. The others are pretty predictable: Riddler is going to make puzzles, set death traps, or bore you with mini games. Poison Ivy is going to go to strange homicidal lengths to protect her flowers. Scarecrow is going to do something involving fear gas, but Joker could be across the board. The Joker could be pretending to be another supervillain while killing them off for the fun of it; he could be involved in some huge scheme to take over the whole city or country, or he could just be hanging out and trying to annoy Batman and get him to laugh.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-21-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Spectacular Member

Did someone already post this?

Spectacular Member

Joker's like a tasty spice. Add him to the story in the right way, and he just improves the overall flavor. I can't say that of any of Batman's other supervillains.