Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Joker Appreciation Thread

The Clown Prince of Crime!
    The Harlequin of Hate! The Ace of Knaves! The Jester of Genocide!

Come and show some love (love to hate?) for the Joker!

Share your favorite Joker stories/moments, talk about your favorite Joker actors, display your favorite Joker art. Come on, it’ll be fun!

Who’s your #1 Live-Action Mr. J?

Overall, I give the edge to Heath, but there are elements and moments that I really enjoy from Jack and Cesar, as well.

Yeah, Heath was the best one. Although I wish he didn't look like a deranged hobo. Still it's better than Joker killing people to Prince music. Or the horror of Joker with a mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    Yeah, Heath was the best one. Although I wish he didn't look like a deranged hobo. Still it's better than Joker killing people to Prince music. Or the horror of Joker with a mustache.
    It almost always comes down between Heath and Jack, for the best (live-action) Joker, and I can definitely see both sides of the argument.

Visually, Jack's Joker was pretty damn iconic.

This might be the newest live action Joker (well pre Joker).

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...ams-new-joker/

he seems like such a nice boy . . .

One of the things I love about the Joker, is that (like Batman) he really lends himself to varying interpretations.

From fun...

To sinister.

Incredible Member

He didn't look like a deranged hobo, he looked like Brandon Lee in "The Crow," but with a more expensive wardrobe. He even said to the mobsters, "Oh and the suit, it wasn't cheap. You oughta know, you bought it." The comparison to Brandon Lee though caused no small amount of controversy with how they both died young in close connection to playing similar looking dark characters. Heath's Joker was amazing, and won him a posthumous Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    He didn't look like a deranged hobo, he looked like Brandon Lee in "The Crow," but with a more expensive wardrobe. He even said to the mobsters, "Oh and the suit, it wasn't cheap. You oughta know, you bought it." The comparison to Brandon Lee though caused no small amount of controversy with how they both died young in close connection to playing similar looking dark characters. Heath's Joker was amazing, and won him a posthumous Oscar.
    The dripping peeling face paint, greasy hair, and yellow teeth made him look more like one of those clown hobo figurines nonetheless. It didn't ruin it for me or anything, it was just something I had to get used to. Acting is the most important part, but it would be nice if they found someone who looked like the Joker also.

Nice. I'm a big fan of Dan Hipp's style.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Nice. I'm a big fan of Dan Hipp's style.

I really like Heath's interpretation of the Joker but Jack's is also good.

This was the type of Joker I thought we'd see in TDK, though looking back I'm glad they added some colour and and weirdness to the Ledger design. I still love the image but TDK Joker is conceptually amazing.

I wonder what direction they'll take the Snyder/Affleck version -- I suppose a cool 180 degree turn could be a hyper glam, very dandy, prettified Ziggy Stardust type dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    He didn't look like a deranged hobo, he looked like Brandon Lee in "The Crow," but with a more expensive wardrobe.
    No. He looked like a deranged Hobo.

Or maybe a hungover rodeo clown that slept in his makeup.

Or if you want to go with character he looked like, he looked a lot like Beetlejuice, you know, the seedy con-man that's been dead and buried for quite some time.

I don't really see anything The Crow about him.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    This was the type of Joker I thought we'd see in TDK, though looking back I'm glad they added some colour and and weirdness to the Ledger design. I still love the image but TDK Joker is conceptually amazing.

I wonder what direction they'll take the Snyder/Affleck version -- I suppose a cool 180 degree turn could be a hyper glam, very dandy, prettified Ziggy Stardust type dude.
    I doubt it. If they're basing the Affleck Batman on the TDKR version, then the Joker will probably be that version too. So he'll likely be even more sinister than Heath's Joker. Of course having Superman in the movie for some reason makes me think it can't get that grim dark, since it's a flying dude in blue pajamas (people called Snyder's Superman too dark, Uh, obviously we have very different definitions of dark then).

Speaking of, wasn't that Adventures of Superman issue with the Joker in it fabulous?
    I'd kill for an ongoing Joker series drawn by Jock. His Joker is adorable.