Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Or if you want to go with character he looked like, he looked a lot like Beetlejuice, you know, the seedy con-man that's been dead and buried for quite some time.

Yeah, I can see it, but that look still worked well for TDK's Joker.

I liked how in Future's End, both Batman and Joker seemed to have given up on life. . . until they see each other again.

Awwww, they grew old together, so sweet.

Given the whole face off thing and the events of Death of the Family, I wonder if Bats actually believes this.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

My earliest, rather fond memory of the Joker character comes from reading the comic books as a kid growing up in the 1980s. Long before I saw Batman The Series or Batman 89. But I did not become fully interested in the Joker until my father brought home a copy of A Death in the Family for me. That pretty much sealed the deal as far as my comic book experiences go, and I became a through and through fan of Batman and the Joker's endless war both in the comics andacross the media.
    As to who I think is the best live-action Joker, that would be the one whom I believe could actually kill Robin as in ADITF-Jack Nicholson. I saw the 1989 feature at age 12 and was amazed at everything the movie had to offer, especially with regards to the Joker. So that's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeandCowl View Post
    My earliest, rather fond memory of the Joker character comes from reading the comic books as a kid growing up in the 1980s. Long before I saw Batman The Series or Batman 89. But I did not become fully interested in the Joker until my father brought home a copy of A Death in the Family for me. That pretty much sealed the deal as far as my comic book experiences go, and I became a through and through fan of Batman and the Joker's endless war both in the comics andacross the media.
    As to who I think is the best live-action Joker, that would be the one whom I believe could actually kill Robin as in ADITF-Jack Nicholson. I saw the 1989 feature at age 12 and was amazed at everything the movie had to offer, especially with regards to the Joker. So that's my two cents.
    Yeah, I think Death in the Family was the first trade I ever got. I loved it then and I still do now. All those iconic moments. Joker beating the Todster senseless. The cliffhanger explosion. Batman carrying a dead Robin from the rubble. The stare down at the UN Assembly. Not to mention it introduced that infamous fashion accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    Yeah, I think Death in the Family was the first trade I ever got. I loved it then and I still do now. All those iconic moments. Joker beating the Todster senseless. The cliffhanger explosion. Batman carrying a dead Robin from the rubble. The stare down at the UN Assembly. Not to mention it introduced that infamous fashion accessory.

Thanks for your supportive post. Its nice to find like-minded fans online.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Joker - The Original Son of Arkham

SOA-Joker-2low.jpg

Just a little Joker/Harley Love

Joker and Harley.jpg

Come on in, y'all. Hang your faces up by the door.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

One of my favorite Joker stories.

And of course,it inspired a similar episode in 60s Batman show.

" I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    And of course,it inspired a similar episode in 60s Batman show.

Heh, I love that the Joker utility belt, has Joker's face on the buckle.

I don't see any false hair in that utility belt. . .

This makes me laugh for some reason.