Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman #32 preview

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books-co...sive-preview#0

Selina's answer has already been released, so be careful.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Haha, so it has. I am very curious to see if this affects sales again.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It has ? I find the images ambiguous; personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's not in this preview. Bleeding Cool has an article up showing her answer.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Further spoilers, and an interview with Tom for USAToday, can be found on Newsarama

Should we start discussing the spoilers, or what? I mean, DC has made it official at this point.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't think anyone should do anything without a Mod weighing in on whether we can or not.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I just read what the apparent dark secret of Batman's is, and if it's accurate, prepare to likely be underwhelmed.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I just read what the apparent dark secret of Batman's is, and if it's accurate, prepare to likely be underwhelmed.
    Yea, I long ago suspected it would be. I was just like thinking then what it could be that they haven't done, and once I realized they did all the interesting ones and wouldn't "go there" with certain other ones, I knew the only options left would have to be underwhelming/contrived.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-02-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yes it has. Even CBR has spoiled it.

Well, I'm ready for the end of this "war", LOL!

All I will say is that AFTER this issue, I really hope we continue to see the Rogues again. I really missed seeing them.

I am spoiled to what Bats thinks was so wrong and all I will say is that it reminds me of The Dark Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Further spoilers, and an interview with Tom for USAToday, can be found on Newsarama
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Should we start discussing the spoilers, or what? I mean, DC has made it official at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't think anyone should do anything without a Mod weighing in on whether we can or not.
    Yeah, just keep it contained to this thread. And as a courtesy, keep the spoilers tagged until Wednesday.

Astonishing Member

I haven't loved this story arc - the art, yeah. The ongoing Kite-Man joke, yeah, totally. But like, it's just sort of 'meh'. But I do feel like if some "this is a thing that happened early in my career' news-breaking feeds into the bigger, and far more important to me, Catwoman proposal, it'll be worth it for me. I want Bruce and Selina to be paired, really, really bad. She's sooooo perfect for him! And he's so perfect for her!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

While I like the Catwoman thing, I have really disliked most of Tom King's run, and this War has been a big example of why. It has pretty much been a bunch of big ridiculous moments that seem to go against character. When would Batman ever host a dinner between the worst Joker to ever be put on a page and the Riddler? And when would he ever join sides? On top of that whatever this big secret of Bruce's is supposed to be is sure to be a let down after all of this build up. Anyway, the book sucks for the most part but I do like the idea of Bruce and Selina together.

I think War of Jokes and Riddles really shows that it was a last minute switch from the 12-issue miniseries that King had planned. And...I really kinda wish they'd gone with that, since I think Gerard's art would probably have been better for this, and Janin I think could have been better for Mr. Miracle. There are moments that are fantastic, like the way Batman knows the victims and their history - I love that this is not a series that finds the villains' murders funny or entertaining. But other than the main three villains (Joker, Riddler, and Kite Man), the rest of the villains are really not handled well, largely for space reasons, but also because King is slotting them into roles for the structure without enough thought (Deadshot vs. Deathstroke is the obvious example). The "dark secret" according to USA Today feels like an extra awkward retcon. And I'm still irritated at the "this war would spin out of control" trailer montages in BOTH of the first two issues. What a waste of space.

However, I really liked the formal dinner - that's the kind of structure I think King does really well. And the way he's resolved the proposal according to the spoilers is quite moving.