Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default DC's Doomsday Clock Preview

http://ew.com/books/2017/10/06/dc-co...oomsday-clock/

I'm really digging how Rorschach is drawn. It's almost as if he's more real than the world around him. Symbolism?

BANNED

The only part of this that was amusing or interesting was that the guy who Rorshach scared the crap out of looks like DiDio.

I do kinda hate that "a sequel to Watchmen" is serving as Rebirth's finale essentially. Not really a fan of Watchmen at all. (Before anyone says anything, I don't dislike it. Just don't love it.)

Very interesting.

This reminds me I have Watchmen but haven't read it, will probably do it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The only part of this that was amusing or interesting was that the guy who Rorshach scared the crap out of looks like DiDio.

I do kinda hate that "a sequel to Watchmen" is serving as Rebirth's finale essentially. Not really a fan of Watchmen at all. (Before anyone says anything, I don't dislike it. Just don't love it.)
    You don't have to love Watchmen, and neither do I. It's a really interesting story and I'm certainly glad it's so influential, but I don't exactly worship it or anything.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-06-2017 at 05:11 PM.

This will likely read better in color since it'll allow the captions to be different colors.At least, I hope so- I'm sure it's partially intentional, but it's pretty tough to read a straight sentence out of the captions.

i appreciate the use of a real figure in Buckley Jr. It's ballsy and consistent with Watchman's usage of real people.

Lastly, the title at the end if from Shelly's Ozymandias, for those curious.

Edit: Just caught the references to Network in the newscast page. That's a nice easter egg.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Watchmen on its own is a classic, and something that achieves that status is inevitably going to be a bit overrated. But it is brilliant and one of the single greatest stand alone works to be published in the history of American comics.

It's impact on the industry, and the wrong lessons that were taken away from it by lesser creators, is what is toxic. That doesn't render the work itself as bad, but it's legacy has been unintentionally damaging.

This looks...interesting. I like Johns a lot and when he's on, he's on fire. But even on his best day, he's no Alan Moore. This isn't even going to come close to touching Watchmen. But I hope it's still a fun time regardless, and please God, make it about Superman first and foremost.

I've always called Doomsday Clock Geoff's very DCU/Watchmen fanfic

Always Rakzo

I still can't believe that this is actually happening, more than that, I can't believe that Geoff Johns is actually writing something Watchmen-related.

I love Johns, he has created so many great works for DC and has revived so many properties from the company that some of them have become more popular than ever (although he also has his own sort of crap too). That being said, I wish he wasn't writing this, he's better known for his worldbuilding and blockbuster-oriented style and definitely not for the complex and powerful work that Alan Moore created in Watchmen, this just seems out of his league and no matter how much research he does, Johns will never be Moore (then again, nobody will ever be probably).

I will take this as it'll probably be, a simple big event involving Watchmen characters but the whole premise sounds like the kind of parody that some people were doing like 10 years ago.

If this is set after the ending of Watchmen, I wonder how the heck Rorschach came back to life ?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If this is set after the ending of Watchmen, I wonder how the heck Rorschach came back to life ?
    Johns says that will be answered. I was at the panel and someone asked him that exact question.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Johns says that will be answered. I was at the panel and someone asked him that exact question.
    I believe it isn't beyond Dr. Manhattan's abilities to revive the dead.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Cool! Did he say something worth paying attention to in the panel?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I still can't believe that this is actually happening, more than that, I can't believe that Geoff Johns is actually writing something Watchmen-related.

I love Johns, he has created so many great works for DC and has revived so many properties from the company that some of them have become more popular than ever (although he also has his own sort of crap too). That being said, I wish he wasn't writing this, he's better known for his worldbuilding and blockbuster-oriented style and definitely not for the complex and powerful work that Alan Moore created in Watchmen, this just seems out of his league and no matter how much research he does, Johns will never be Moore (then again, nobody will ever be probably).
    I admire Johns' gumption, though. It takes some kind of temerity (or delusion) to want to take this challenge on.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Watch it guys!

Superhero shows are trash