Amazing Member

Default Transformers, need help please

Hello, I quiet like the Transformers movies, so I'd like to ask which comic books would You recommend me to read and possibly to say something small about the series. If Its any good, I don't know how Is the comics compare to thé movies, If the stories Are good And worth to read. Thank You in advance.
    *Maybe IDW has even a better series You could recommend rather than Transformers, I'm 36 but really enjoyed the movie

Start with the one-shot "Death of Optimus Prime." It's the start of a relaunch for the Transformers comics at IDW. From there, the comics split into "More than Meets the Eye" and "Robots in Disguise." MtMtE is about a ragtag group of Transformers on the search for the legendary Knights of Cybertron. And it's incredible. Robots in Disguise is your typical Transformers book with the bots you'd recognize from the movies. So if you want to read about the bots you're familiar with (I was the same way), I'd say Robots in Disguise by John Barber. It later on drops the subtitle and becomes "Transformers."

Recently, the books went through another relaunch. Transformers became "Optimus Prime" and More Than Meets The Eye became "Lost Light." I think you could pick up Optimus Prime with out any knowledge of what's happened before... but Lost Light would be very very difficult to get into if you haven't read More than Meets the Eye.

That said... I'd recommend "Death of Optimus Prime" and then "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" by John Barber. However, if you can afford more, "More than Meets the Eye" by James Roberts is well worth it.

Amazing Member

Thanx alot, it really helped. Appreciate Your effort and sorry for my English

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMatt View Post
    Thanx alot, it really helped. Appreciate Your effort and sorry for my English
    Your English was fine! No worries at all. Transformers is one of the most confusing line of comics, so if you have any more questions, let me know!

Amazing Member

I found at store I'm going to shop optimus Prime vol 1, is that the book? Aswell would like to ask which of them do You rate as highest quality. I'll probably end up continuously buying all. But now Its just a small gift for me. Thanx for help

More Than Meets the Eye is definitely the better book yes, very creative. A lot of meta-humour taking potshots at the comics medium as a whole.

If you want one closer resembling the movies, I agree another series would be a better choice though!

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMatt View Post
    I found at store I'm going to shop optimus Prime vol 1, is that the book? Aswell would like to ask which of them do You rate as highest quality. I'll probably end up continuously buying all. But now Its just a small gift for me. Thanx for help
    Optimus Prime volume 1 is the first collection of the main Transformers book that is currently being published.

"Death of Optimus Prime" is a one-shot issue from 2011. That is where I would start. But if you want to start with the current books, Optimus Prime volume 1 works too.