Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep, yep, and yep. DC wanted Barry saddled with a tragedy and no time-travel logic from decades of comic-book history was going to dissuade them otherwise.
    The most unfortunate part is that Barry already had a built-in tragedy coming back in FINAL CRISIS: he had been *dead* for years. While his return to life was wonderful and miraculous, they could have riffed on the idea that he was a man who had lost years of time with his loved ones and returned to a changed and unfamiliar world. Barry could have been DC's Captain America instead of another Batman or Spider-Man.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 10-04-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

You can't "not forgive" comic book characters when they exist in a floating timeline where new writers come in and add new dynamics and ideas making what came before completely obsolete. It just doesn't work that way. A comic series like the Walking Dead which moves in real time and has characters dealing heavily with what came before is different. A series run featuring events that impact the course of said run is different. Something a character does at a certain point in a certain book shouldn't be reflected on at all unless it's being utilized in a story at some point.

See, my cousin and I were talking, and we think Injustice Wonder Woman is should be on the list. We're only going off the games, we didn't read the various associated comics, but the games paint a picture of an opportunist who used Clark's grief to put her own morals onto the entire world. Twisting him into the tyrant he became, then trying to do the same to Kara by twisting the events around and not telling the whole truth.
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The most unfortunate part is that Barry already had a built-in tragedy coming back in FINAL CRISIS
    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    To me, the actual most unfortunate part is the idea of saddling the Flash with tragedy in the first place. All the four Flashes had their share of it, sure, but it's not what the Flash is about, really. In fact, quite the contrary.

Grinning Barry is the best Barry.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep, yep, and yep. DC wanted Barry saddled with a tragedy and no time-travel logic from decades of comic-book history was going to dissuade them otherwise.
    Seriously how many characters do we need to fill the "My _____ is dead!" qouta? Is there no ohter way for a character origin to have drama wothout someone dying?

Also Batman reviving the Joker. What the hell.