Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I don't know, he behaved a bit stalkerish more than once -- emotional attachment not returned that he romanticized and wouldn't let go of.

Dunno then. He's emotionally needy, not assertive and fixed in loyalty, as well as very artistic. Whatever else might fit that bill. :P
    That's why I put him as a Virgo.

Remember Piotr is a farm boy at heart. He's all about working the land with his family. He literally turns into metal(a type of earth), and Virgo is ruled by Mercury(silver metal). Virgo is mutable, just as he is, shifting from one form to another. He's friendly, helpful, and hardworking, but can also be self-destructive, uptight, and critical(such as when he rebels against the X-Men after Illyana died, or when Storm was keeping the protomutants from Cyke). He is usually gentle, though, another Virgo quality, and creative(his artistic talents), where his perfectionism also shows through(always critical and doubting of his art, even when it was very good).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's unwavering duty to his job and as a leader fits that. He tends to be a loner like Caps and takes on alot of responsibility and hold the weight of his world on his shoulders, not wanting to burden others with his problems

What does all in his head even mean? Air signs are dreamers, creative and carefree. None of that really fits Scott.
    Thinking all air signs are dreamers and carefree is an oversimplification. Besides, Scott does dream of a world where mutants are free to be, and he works hard to create that reality. Besides, just for reference, Vladimir Putin, Margaret Thatcher, and Benjamin Netanyahu are all examples of famous Libra world leaders(whose radical styles and tight grip on power bear more than a casual resemblance to Rightclops). Furthermore, Scott's best quality as a leader is his ability to come up with creative plans on the fly, and to communicate those ideas to his team. That, more than anything else, is an air sign quality.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's why I put him as a Virgo.

Remember Piotr is a farm boy at heart. He's all about working the land with his family. He literally turns into metal(a type of earth), and Virgo is ruled by Mercury(silver metal). Virgo is mutable, just as he is, shifting from one form to another. He's friendly, helpful, and hardworking, but can also be self-destructive, uptight, and critical(such as when he rebels against the X-Men after Illyana died, or when Storm was keeping the protomutants from Cyke). He is usually gentle, though, another Virgo quality, and creative(his artistic talents), where his perfectionism also shows through(always critical and doubting of his art, even when it was very good).
    Hmmm...well, that hasn't been my experience with Virgo personalities, really, though I do get what you're saying with a love of the land maybe going along with him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Starrius, seeing your signature, I have to ask even if it is slightly OT for this thread. What are Peter and MJ's sun signs respectively if you had to guess? A zodiac layman like me guessed Cancer for Pete and Scorpio for MJ going by similarities to personal experiences. But I could be self-projecting a little (which in fairness is the function of Spider-Man as a character). So I'm curious regarding the interpretation by a fan who is better versed in astrology.
    I am sorry for responding late.

I just saw this post.

I have no clue about Peter and MJ's sunsigns.
    I never gave it any thought.
    I put very little emphasis on zodiac signs , and I don't use the Tropical Zodiac.

I use a Sidereal Zodiac.
    Like the Babylonian astrologers who were Sidereal Zodiac users not Tropical Zodiac users, I don't associate the zodiac signs with ruling planet, mode, gender, nor ruling planet
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Nightcrawler - Pisces -- disagree. One, he's shown as having a November birthday and two, if you read about "high" Scorpio, vs. low, he's very much the high Scorpio. A nice contrast is comparing Kurt Wagner (eagle Scorpio) to Kurt Darkholme (much more typical Scorpio). I'll give you that the way he acts in relationships might show a Pisces moon, though.

The eagle represents the more mature Scorpio. The eagle soars above all others, watching and learning. As an eagle, the Scorpio is becoming more of a spiritual being, trusting God to handle its affairs of revenge. Eagles are, of course, still quite protective of their young; this protectiveness is primarily felt when their children are young and lessens as they grow up. The eagle raises its young to be strong and self sufficient, once again trusting in God to lead the children down the right path of life.
    https://exemplore.com/astrology/The-...s-of-a-Scorpio

Shadowcat - Cancer - disagree. I've never seen anything remotely maternal about her, and the need to nurture is key to Cancer. I see her as more of a know-it-all Virgo or possibly a look-at-me Leo

Wolverine - Scorpio -- I see him as more the earthy Taurus, especially since he can use alcohol as a crutch at times

Colossus - Aries -- no way...lol. Pisces, maybe. Pete doesn't have an assertive, go-getter personality at all.

Emma Frost - Leo -- maybe, or a Cappy. She seems very 'cardinal sign' in her mannerisms.

The others I can see.
    That's why I mentioned the possible Scorpion Eagle near the end of my NC analysis. I've read quite a bit on it plus what some call "desert Scorpios" and "aerie Scorpios" but I ultimately went with Pisces for other traits. But your Scorpion Eagle with an Pisces moon may fit.

I chose Cancer for Kitty because of her emotional moods and her tendency to get crabby, hence the crab, sure they are nurturers and I see that with Kitty and her friends and students, especially when she loses someone it seems really hard-hitting to her, that's very much a cancer and they are very self-depreciating. And her intellect, though sharp doesn't have that cool air trait that I see in many air signs. Now if you want to go with the Mary-Sue of recent years I guess she reads less like a Cancer now. And the way Cancers and Aries are with each other in relationships made me think of Piotr as an Aries. Aries and Cancers are considered strange attractors. They aren't supposedly compatible in the long term but get drawn to each other a lot. Kitty reminds me very much of one of my Cancer friends. I'm not surprised I may be the only one that see's her as a Cancer. She doesn't really scream textbook but when you really look at her... haha, uh... ouch.

Piotr isn’t a Pisces. He’s not nearly emotional and volatile for that

I’m a Libra and Scott definitely isn’t one. Libra's are known for their indecisiveness, not decision making. Libras are social and love beautiful things. Air signs tend to be more creative which Scott isnt. He's firm and grounded like an earth sign. The only quality about Libra that fits Scott is not wanting to be single as he almost always has a woman lined up. He reads like a Capricorn. He's unwavering duty to his job and as a leader fits that. He tends to be a loner like Caps and takes on alot of responsibility and hold the weight of his world on his shoulders, not wanting to burden others with his problems
    Yeah, I don't really see him as a Pisces either but I chose Aries because they usually are into the arts, and have this noble teddy bear quality and they are go-getters but not to the extent of Leos and Capricorns. He reminds me of ones I know. Now him not being more of an initiator might have more to do with the political climate he grew up in and his humble farm upbringing. During Excalibur he showed the ability to take charge when Kurt was kidnapped and to defend an acolyte in a trial and stand up to the rest of these big baddies. He had balls and poise. They are also big huggers and Peter loves to hug and toss up his friends, lol, to almost bone-breaking danger. And some negative Aries traits that Pete has that Aries do is that they can blow-up at perceived injustices, Petey, and they can sulk when things aren't looking up, Petey again. I also agree about Cyclops not being a Libra. He does come off as a textbook Capricorn.

Now lets not all forget the Chinese signs... So if you are a Virgo but come off more as an Aries to someone they may be a Dragon which is the Chinese equivalent of an Aries.

See if you are on a cusp here: https://www.astrology.com/on-the-cusp/libra-scorpio

And some info on the Chinese Zodiac: https://www.astrology.com/chinese-zodiac

I mean, it's certainly up for debate, but the importance of partnerships, disciplined mind, and the concept of weaponized ideas made me think it could work. Self-pity, and the dislike of loudmouths(vs Logan) also played into this. I think Scott is a very 'in his head' kinda person, so an air sign spoke to me, and Libra is the decision maker of the air signs. For good or ill, when Scott picks a path, he goes for it.
    Yeah, Libras are decision makers but they can procrastinate and become indecisive and it can go on for a long time to almost comical proportions. That's not really Scott. Friendly and charming... again not really Scott. They are into beauty and love and all that, I don't know about you but when I listen to "Venus as a boy" by Bjork I don't think Cyclops. Libra's are ruled by Venus. Capricorns are pragmatic, hard-working, have trouble showing their emotions, initiators and have complex relations with the opposite sex. They also don't like perceived sloppiness or loudness (Logan). That's bigtime Scott Summers.

Now with Virgos they have a very pure air to them but have a hidden playful and sensual side. Think of the phrase that Forge gives Ororo. "Untouchable goddess but I know better..." Yes Forge I'm sure she has shown you that side in the hot tub. Virgos are also very regal and that's probably why so many rulers want her. They are also big nature lovers. She's a bit bold for a Virgo I'll give you that. That's why I chose the Leo/Virgo cusp for her. Virgos also love animals and nature and many are animal rights activists. Remember Storms horrified outburst to Wolverine when she thought he was gonna kill deer? Virgo's are not very materialistic, actually. I included their description from an astrology site below.

"VIRGO (August 23 - September 22) Virgo is the least materialistic zodiac sign. This earth sign is the most down-to-earth and grounded in all of the zodiac, and this applies to all parts of their lives. Virgos are extremely practical and don't believe that material things are needed in order to be happy. Virgos place more emphasis on people rather than possessions."

Now on characters being too emotional to be Libras that's not completely true Libra's are actually quite emotional for a air sign and not as cool as their Aquarius, Gemini brothers and sisters.

Environment and upbringing come into play as well for not acting like a typical sign.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-22-2019 at 10:33 PM.

I don't know, he behaved a bit stalkerish more than once -- emotional attachment not returned that he romanticized and wouldn't let go of.

Dunno then. He's emotionally needy, not assertive and fixed in loyalty, as well as very artistic. Whatever else might fit that bill. :P
    Yeah, but that stalkerishness seems more like a trope that gets used a lot as romance. So its hard to say what is or isn't him. But I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I also agree about Cyclops not being a Libra. They are into beauty and love and all that, I don't know about you but when I listen to "Venus as a boy" by Bjork I don't think Cyclops. Libra's are ruled by Venus.
    Scott might not be a Libra(the canon is unclear), but he could be. Especially considering my real world Libra leaders I compared him to in the previous post.

Storm is a Sag, according to Claremont, and it works for her. I stand by it. She's too passionate to be an earth sign. She's the wind rider, after all, hence the traveling, seeking Sag, and her favorite weapon is lightning, fire in its most refined form. She's humble and friendly despite being regal. Adventurous and reckless(see her original mohawk days) and fun(no one parties like Storm, see the Outback era girls night out, and Kitty's bachelorette party for examples), she is also encouraging and uplifting, dedicated and competitive.

Not to mention Uncanny 102 support's Claremont's birthday, as it is summer when she is about 6 months old and her parents are leaving NYC for Cairo. If she was born Nov. 25th, that would put them leaving NYC in late May/June.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-22-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Thinking all air signs are dreamers and carefree is an oversimplification. Besides, Scott does dream of a world where mutants are free to be, and he works hard to create that reality. Besides, just for reference, Vladimir Putin, Margaret Thatcher, and Benjamin Netanyahu are all examples of famous Libra world leaders(whose radical styles and tight grip on power bear more than a casual resemblance to Rightclops). Furthermore, Scott's best quality as a leader is his ability to come up with creative plans on the fly, and to communicate those ideas to his team. That, more than anything else, is an air sign quality.
    Theres ony 12 zodiac signs and you can find historical leaders from all. We'll have to agree to disagree bc nothing about Scott's personal life comes across as Libra aside from the aforementioned love life. As a Libra, I just dont relate to him as one but he is very similar to Capricorns I do know

Theres ony 12 zodiac signs and you can find historical leaders from all. We'll have to agree to disagree bc nothing about Scott's personal life comes across as Libra aside from the aforementioned love life. As a Libra, I just dont relate to him as one but he is very similar to Capricorns I do know
    Just because he isn't like you, doesn't mean he can't be a Libra.

@Yogaflame- You're right actually. We shouldn't stereotype signs. Eisenhower was also a Libra.

Just because he isn't like you, doesn't mean he can't be a Libra.
    Obviously and Ive listed several reasons why he isnt. I didnt just write he's not like me and ascertained that as fact.

Sun signs are only one facet of the equation. It is easy to stereotype complex personalities and try to fit them in one box, when they might very well work in another. That's the fun of astrology, especially when trying to apply it to fictional characters that have been written in various ways over decades of time.

I could accept Scott having a Capricorn ascendant if that makes you feel better.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-22-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Aaagh! I meant Libras are air signs! Not water signs!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Aaagh! I meant Libras are air signs! Not water signs!
    Obviously.

Obviously.
    Well, someone a couple of pages back said Libra's were water signs and I corrected them. I didn't want to start the confusion again for someone who knows nothing about the topic.