Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If Kitty and Rachel finally hook up, sure. (The way things are going it probably mean that it'll be cancelled before the trade, but the ride will be glorious).

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I say the UK needs their premiere team back. What do you think?
    Factoring in recent events, I'd say "Sure. Just don't let yourself go getting too attached to it when it does."

BANNED

Actually, id prefer the Excalibur members to be part of a roster of a new xmen book with a different color.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I LOVE these guys, but even if they got a reunion, it wouldn't be the same. It would be better to try new teams and dynamics than trying to revive something that's not possible anymore.
    And everytime someone says only these guys can be the real Excalibur, I imagine in what a sad place the X-men would be if they stuck with the O5 forever.
    but they have tried it several times and it's always either super-boring or it just doesn't work.

go back to the original formula and try again. build in new additions from that if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the original formula
    2 parts obscure, disenfranchised British superhero
    3 parts extraneous, outdated mutants

add a pinch of comicbooky interdimensional British legend
    stir in a dollop of new age spacegod
    garnish with humorous covers and facial expressions
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-27-2017 at 10:47 AM.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Yes we need them back Marvel UK needs some new content that is not reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Actually, id prefer the Excalibur members to be part of a roster of a new xmen book with a different color.
    God no. We have enough mediocre color books already.

but they have tried it several times and it's always either super-boring or it just doesn't work.

go back to the original formula and try again. build in new additions from that if you must.
    The failure of past attempts were mostly due to bad creative teams or directions, not the because their line-ups were different from the original.
    Some of them actually lasted quite a bit given how bad they were. New Excalibur got 24 issues. With better quality and a consistent direction, it could have gone even longer. The line-up definitely had potential.

And let's face it, there's no going back to the original formula. The characters simply are not where they were in the 80s.
    There's no way Kitty, Kurt and Rachel would be allowed to leave the X-men to go be a family with Captain Britain and Meggan in the UK again.
    Those characters moved on. A reunion would only serve to highlight that. And this is coming from someone who would love a reunion mini, but let's not think a return to the original cast is a feasible longterm plan.

Mighty Member

I would love a Excal revival .. Captain Britain, Megan, and the Braddock school as the back drop,they could establish 2 to 3 students that get roles on the team-maybe use one New Xmen as transfer student as the POV character (Anole, Hellion or Surge would work for me) , Fazia, Pete Wisdom, Magik, Nightcrawler, Chamber, Micromax, they could repower Shola and Hub to round out the cast

supporting cast: Psylocke, Colossus, Sage, Black Knight, Spitfire

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Excalibur, written in the spirit of the original would be sweet, but if Guggs is writing it I'll pass.

However, I wouldn't want to see Kurt in it unless he was returned to the role of leader. I'm tired of seeing my fav X-Man used as merely wallpaper.

Yes, please. With Captain Britain, Meggan, Nightcrawler, Rachel, Kitty, Colossus, Wolfsbane, Union Jack, and Pete Wisdom as an occasional guest star.
    Please Remain Calm

Those characters moved on. A reunion would only serve to highlight that. And this is coming from someone who would love a reunion mini, but let's not think a return to the original cast is a feasible longterm plan.
    kitty and nightcrawler maybe, but where exactly do you think meggan and brian have "moved on" to? both are in limbo last time i checked and meggan seems to have some new warpie baby.

rachel also has nowhere to go.

now that jean is back, everyone knows her and rachel can't be in the same team together. it's like they are magnetically repulsed by each other. jean's in, rachel's out. rachel's in, jean's out. vice versa etc

that's 3 of the originals who definitely haven't "moved on" anywhere. at least nowhere people can read about them.

the great thing about fiction is writers can make stories however they like. these characters aren't real people.

toss in kylun and cerise to replace kitty and nightcrawler if you really feel like those two can't be separated from the x-men anymore. but there's no excuse for the other three

Adding Gatecrasher to the team would help the dynamic - I really wouldn't want to see Brian having to fill the stupid jerk role again, and Gatecrasher would be a natural fit.

kitty and nightcrawler maybe, but where exactly do you think meggan and brian have "moved on" to? both are in limbo last time i checked and meggan seems to have some new warpie baby.

rachel also has nowhere to go.

now that jean is back, everyone knows her and rachel can't be in the same team together. it's like they are magnetically repulsed by each other. jean's in, rachel's out. rachel's in, jean's out. vice versa etc

that's 3 of the originals who definitely haven't "moved on" anywhere. at least nowhere people can read about them.ree
    You said you wanted them to go with the original formula. The original formula was those 5 banding together because they thought the X-men were dead and becoming a sort of family due to that. It's not just about the characters.
    And even if it was, Rachel hasn't moved on as much as Kitty, but she's also aged beyond the teen she used to be. That alone changes a lot of the team dynamics. Rachel and Kitty being younger played a big role in how the team felt like a family. She could join the team again, but it wouldn't be in the same role.

The great thing about fiction is writers can make stories however they like. these characters aren't real people.
    Where have I said they can't? LOL

toss in kylun and cerise to replace kitty and nightcrawler if you really feel like those two can't be separated from the x-men anymore. but there's no excuse for the other three
    Then it would be a new team right? If you change 2 characters from a team of 5, it's a pretty big change.

And this is what I'm saying all along. For an ongoing Excalibur revival, the original cast, as it was, can't be recreated. Unless Marvel lets Kitty, Rachel and Kurt leave the X-men again at the same time, it's better to create a new team than aiming for more nostalgia because other attempts at new casts "didn't work".
    New Excalibur was the one true attempt after the original run ended and even so it lasted 2 years. The Genoshan relaunch was Excalibur only in name and the other time was a mini.

Then it would be a new team right? If you change 2 characters from a team of 5, it's a pretty big change.

And this is what I'm saying all along. For an ongoing Excalibur revival, the original cast, as it was, can't be recreated. Unless Marvel lets Kitty, Rachel and Kurt leave the X-men again at the same time, it's better to create a new team than aiming for more nostalgia because other attempts at new casts "didn't work".
    New Excalibur was the one true attempt after the original run ended and even so it lasted 2 years. The Genoshan relaunch was Excalibur only in name and the other time was a mini.
    i don't consider kylun or cerise to be "new" to excalibur and i think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone else who does.

both are chris claremont additions that were supporting cast to the originals. i'm simply 'factoring' in your requirement that it can't be the original formula (which is nonsense). the original formula might not work for you, and that's fine.

of course the characters have additional canon to account for. that's how serial storytelling works.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...over-poison-x/

Good news, there is a reunion.......bad news is that it's under Guggs pen....
    Is Megan holding a baby there?