Amazing Member

Default Where to buy back issues online?

This may not be the right forum for this, but I didn't see one that fit so please move if needed.

I'm looking for some sites for back issues online. I've tried ebay, mycomicshop and milehighcomics What else is out there?

I'm looking for a cheap copy of deathstroke 60 for my bind, but I can only find 2 copies of the book anywhere that aren't part of a large collection. Is this book super rare? Is it really going to cost me $25+ for a crappy quality issue.

Extraordinary Member

midtowncomics.com or amazon.

Lol I thought your name looked familiar and realized you're the dark victory guy! Man small world. Anyways I would try comicspriceguide and see if any users have them. Or newkadia or atomic avenue. I've used atomic avenue and they have a lot of stuff. Kind of like craigslist for comics.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Amazing Member

Yeah that's me

Thanks for the tips. I checked all of those places but no luck. I guess I will just keep enjoying the hunt.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/

My favorite place.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Does anyone know if there are such online shops in Canada, or that have reasonable international shipping?

I know that I can buy from these places, but the shipping costs even to Canada are incredibly high (over $20 for Midtown).

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

I'd recommend keeping a list of these sites on a Word document, checking back every so often on the prices. This also works with trades, especially if you link to the website from the document itself.

It is a bit maddening how some places will rake up the price on the final issue of a series. I remember when Ostrander's Spectre series had been done a few years, the prices it went for were insane. I found it in a quarter bin later. People jack these books up because once all the cheap copies are gone, someone is gonna buy it and others will think they can get away with the same robbery. Punisher 104 falls into this too from time to time. Hah, I remember a guy who was selling Hitman 60 for $25 at ECCC...LOL.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

If only some people weren't so desperate for certain issues, then the price-jacking wouldn't work for those sellers, and they would lower their prices as a result.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    It is a bit maddening how some places will rake up the price on the final issue of a series. I remember when Ostrander's Spectre series had been done a few years, the prices it went for were insane. I found it in a quarter bin later. People jack these books up because once all the cheap copies are gone, someone is gonna buy it and others will think they can get away with the same robbery. Punisher 104 falls into this too from time to time. Hah, I remember a guy who was selling Hitman 60 for $25 at ECCC...LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    If only some people weren't so desperate for certain issues, then the price-jacking wouldn't work for those sellers, and they would lower their prices as a result.
    Agreed. But as Joshua points out, it's often possible to find those same over-priced issues in discount bins. It just takes patience, and a willingness to live with an almost-complete run until you find those last few issues at a price you're willing to pay.

As for me, I've been waiting two years or more for Guardians of the Galaxy (1990s series) # 62 to turn up for a reasonable price.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I've really come to love ComicCollectorLive.com - I spoke about it a few times on the old board.

It's essentially an eBay Buy-It-Now style marketplace for single issues and runs, but based on an issue-by-issue DB like comicbookdb.com or comics.org. The Shopping Cart is cookie-based and can expire, which can be pretty annoying, but when I'm looking to do a big gap-filling project I always check there first.

There are a number of dollar-comic sellers I've come to really trust, particularly a Marvel-centric on called BAMF.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Fantastic Member

Dougscomicworld out of Manitoba is reasonable . Comic Book Resourses or cbr are both places that I have had good service from . But my comic shop is my favorite on line store .

http://tfaw.com

Things From Another World is good too. If you're every out to Universal Studios CA stop in. They have one of the best retail shops in the country with a UFO crashed into the building. It's owned by Mike Richardson, owner of Dark Horse Comics. Massive inventory and nice sales along with good service too.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

I hate the way movies have inflated the price on related comics. Prices on Batman, Iron Man, or anything with Thanos have really gone up. I looked at eBay & saw some 70's issues of SHAZAM & the seller added "Soon to be a movie with the Rock!" Ugggg!