Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I don't really see any hierarchy within the League. I simply don't believe it exists. They all act as a council or forum exchanging their own ideas about solving certain issues. Superman isn't the leader; that's clear because nobody just takes what he says for granted because he's the boss. They're all capable adults and act as one cohesive group .

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I don't really see any hierarchy within the League. I simply don't believe it exists. They all act as a council or forum exchanging their own ideas about solving certain issues. Superman isn't the leader; that's clear because nobody just takes what he says for granted because he's the boss. They're all capable adults and act as one cohesive group .
    The whole of it. The truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That doesn't mean there isn't a hierarchy. It just means that sometimes people can oppose it. People in charge get their authority challenged all the time but they're still in charge until proven otherwise

Astonishing Member

Hmm...Wonder Woman as Justice League leader. There's something just...right...about that!

It makes perfect sense from a branding perspective, given the characters increased popularity due to the film. It'll also be great from a representation POV (though I hate thinking like that - no doubt DC/WB will have that as at least a minor consideration).

In-universe it makes perfect sense as well. She's a founder, and one of the veteran heroes. She's both a warrior and an ambassador - the perfect leader on multiple fronts. And she's truly symbolic of the kind of justice and heroism the League represents - compassionate and inspirational, yet prepared to use force against evil.

Diana being Leader/Chairperson just works imo. Clark being the Spokesman as the Greatest Hero, talking to the press, as he knows how to handle them best, works. Bruce is the behind the scenes man. I would make Arthur the Field Leader as he has an army at his disposal.
    Richard Alexander

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I don't think anyone can be called a leader of JL. And i want it to stay that way. Each of them at least the older ones can be called a leader. If some writer wants to emphasize someone its fine.
    Yea, the JLoA has no leader and the trinity are all practically co-leaders.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Always saw the League being ran by committee, more than anything else. With veteran members having more say then newer ones. I wouldn't mind an arc where Diana takes center stage, with the rest of the League helping or taking their cues from her, though.
    Wasn't that Darkseid War?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Me and the New52 are like oil and water.

But I meant one where someone like Circe, Poison, or even Ares does something that involves the League. And with Diana being the one most familiar with how those people work, would take the lead on the case. Something like that.

Has there ever been a "chairperson" of the Justice League? Considering the nature of the Justice League, I find it hard to believe there is one leader over them all. They always seemed to be run by a council.

Astonishing Member

As a big WW fan, I like this thread.

It makes no sense to me that Bruce would be the one to recruit Aquaman:

Batman: Hey, I need you to join my team to fight a coming danger.

Aquaman: Aren't you the idiot that tried to kill Superman? Why should I join you?

Batman: Becasue ... well ... um ... I know Wonder Woman.

Aquaman: My mom and her mom go way back. Ok, I'll join her Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It's usually not a good pitch to argue that the character needs to be put in charge of a team, for the sake of the character.

But I agree actually, Diana should at the very least have a shot at taking the lead, because of her abilities as a leader:
    -In the flims, she's three or even four times the age of everyone else, she has the most experience.
    -She has been trained to both fight (as an Amazon) and lead (as a princess) by a society renowned for both qualities.
    -She is incredibly powerful and she leads from the front.
    -And crucially, she is a leader capable of making a hard choice.

So it would make sense to put her in charge. Batman is often mistrusted by the League because he does things behind it's back. Superman is the symbol of hope and a nice figurehead, but he isn't a leader and he isn't capable of making the hardest choices.
    *thumbsup*

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Diana being Leader/Chairperson just works imo. Clark being the Spokesman as the Greatest Hero, talking to the press, as he knows how to handle them best, works. Bruce is the behind the scenes man. I would make Arthur the Field Leader as he has an army at his disposal.
    I feel like Diana makes the best field general overall. Aquaman may have an army now, but that isn't how he grew up. Diana grew up where the entire population is an army; that type of discipline and teamwork is all she knew. His father ran a lighthouse; her mother is a queen. While all the boys were still playing with Legos, she was training with masters that have honed their skills for thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    She was mostly just the narrator, but didn't really get to do much.
    Last edited by Awonder; 10-04-2017 at 10:15 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Has there ever been a "chairperson" of the Justice League? Considering the nature of the Justice League, I find it hard to believe there is one leader over them all. They always seemed to be run by a council.
    Yes. A chairperson has always been a part of the League's history, right back to THE BRAVE & THE BOLD # 28 back in 1960. The Flash (Barry Allen) was the chairperson in that premiere appearance, but the position is short-term and rotates. I believe each of the Original Seven and plenty of the Satellite Era Leaguers have served as chair at least once.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

Diana had been a leader of the JLA. Back when she had lost her title of WW and the JLA base was an alien spaceship Nowadays there is no definite leader (or chairman), it's usually a joint concession of ideas or plans at the headquarters and a team effort in the field where if anyone has a good idea the rest will follow it without much question.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    There have at various periods. In very early days as Buried Alien mentioned earlier (I think) the chairmanship rotated from adventure to adventure, and with most League set-ups this seems most natural arrangement.

If action is fast and furious then best to have a field commander...but unlike a lot of people in this thread I don’t see why..in most League set-ups this would always be Wonder Woman. Obviously she is a good leader, but then so are Batman, Superman, J’onn, etc, etc.

In some league set-ups, long term leaders have been elected..Black Canary, for example, was one such. And..of course, it can make sense if, for example, one member has much more experience than the others.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm actually more curious about the "field leader" role now. I could see nearly every hero having a case, and I could also see there being more than one when the team splits up. I could also see informal types of leadership where certain members shout out immediate needs based on their perceptions/observations.

Perhaps I should revive this old thread..?

http://community.comicbookresources....-regularly-use