Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    At this point all young x characters that are not the o5 or young mutants are rpeatty much forgotten no...?
    All of them except for Laura. It'd just be a waste of time and resources trying with those characters.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If the BC rumor are true it's interesting but not getting excited. Con panels usually suck and this one will probably just retell us Jean and Logan are back lol.

All I want is for them to tell us which ongoing books Logan and and Jean are going too once they are back.

I see Logan doing something with Guardians. Maybe guest appearing or a Guardians/X-men xover about the Infinity stones.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    All of them except for Laura. It'd just be a waste of time and resources trying with those characters.
    The waste of time is continuing to try and push the O5 . The New Xmen we're a much better book and sold well too. Having a decent plot and showing them dealing with basically PTSD and taking their future into their own hands, being mistrustful of the Xmen because of what's happened to them... is more interesting than anything they've introduced in the ridiculous plot of the O5 even being around

Hopefully they'll do something like this:

Keep Astonishing X-Men
    Cancel Jeen solo, and launch a New Mutants book with Ewing instead
    Replace Old Man Logan with Original Logan solo
    Replace Blue with Exiles (keep Bunn on an X-book, but not necessarily this one)
    Replace Gold with Uncanny X-Men (new creative team)
    Replace Weapon-X with X-Force (new creative team)

Not much change in the overall book numbers, but better-fitting titles and ditching the pitches/teams that aren't working out.

BANNED

Well one day someone who read and loved that gen of x characters will become a writer and will want to do something for that new x men gen

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If the BC rumor are true it's interesting but not getting excited. Con panels usually suck and this one will probably just retell us Jean and Logan are back lol.
    Case in point, SDCC this year. Not much of anything.

I'd buy an Al Ewing New Mutants book in a hot minute, yes, so long as he isn't saddled with Land on art again. The rest would depend on cast and writer. I'd love it if Marvel could convince Spurrier to come back for another round with Legion.

BANNED

I hope that with the New Mutants comic series, Illyana doesn't become exclusive to Rosenberg in New Warriors. Magik has too much depth to be reduced to a caricature in a book targeted at pre-teens,

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    I hope that with the New Mutants comic series, Illyana doesn't become exclusive to Rosenberg in New Warriors. Magik has too much depth to be reduced to a caricature in a book targeted at pre-teens,
    I agree so much with this!!!

Rumour sounds really good. I hope it is true.

Great that Legion is returning. I hope Spurrier will be back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Cool for New Mutants...hopefully it is the movie cast. (
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Will we finally have a team of young mutant heroes that the fans expected? Will the cast be the same as the movie because of synergy issues?
    I hope not I wanna see Black Sunspot
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I hope not I wanna see Black Sunspot
    Marvel didn't care for that even before the movie was a thing: http://comicsalliance.com/sunspot-ne...-whitewashing/

BANNED

The return of the New Mutants was predictable. Nervous about the creative team and curious about the roster. I think US Avengers is still at risk once No Surrender finishes up, which would free up Sunspot & Cannonball. Dani Moonstar is still available and I don't see why that'd impact her small appearances in Gen X. I hope they can bring Magik back into the fold rather than have her with the Secret Warriors. The rest of the roster is questionable. Wolfsbane is a likely candidate due to film synergy. Magma, Karma, Cypher, Blink, X-Man and Boom Boom are all potential returnees. It's a good place for Husk, unless if Gen X amps up her appearances, and adding a student like Dust (who was with the NM in Age of X) would allow for some much-needed development. In addition, Empath should feature, either with a redemption arc or in an antagonistic role.

Uncanny X-Men is another predictable turn of events, though I think the roster shall be interesting. And a continuation of Astonishing w/ Wolverine is exciting, though the roster would probably need culling in order to all continue getting individual stories (something Blue & Gold struggle to do). Maybe release Psylocke & Angel in order to join Uncanny. Honestly, I see no reason to maintain Blue & Gold if we have Uncanny, Astonishing, New Mutants & Weapon X, as that almost covers all bases. Sending the AU characters away into the timstream and/or alternate realities solves a problem and Gold can easily be divvied up across the X-line [for example: Storm to Uncanny and Kitty to New Mutants] Most of our primary mutant characters are accounted for right now and/or are on a team (exceptions Banshee, Dazzler and Sunfire) A shake-up across the X-line is coming, and I hope that my favourites are assigned to the teams that I want them on, and I can't wait to see what happens. It would also be very clever to keep big characters together, while still splitting them up in terms of Jean & Logan on different teams with alternate agendas.

Furthermore, I have no qualms with the (teen) Jean Grey, Cable and even Iceman solo titles cease to exist if they're streamlined into well-written team books and are used in a manner befitting of their respective characters. eXiles, X-Force and Uncanny X-Men is the best route for respective characters imo

Legion's return is everything.

all i want is the return of Cyclops, the adult version, Uncanny X-Men and the garbage O5 to leave