Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That costume is already hard enough to pull off.
    There's really not much to pull off.

BANNED

She should be drawn like this

or this

I'd still like to know how Marvel plans to make Angela interesting. She's an alpha female and Bendis has given her a bit of a flat personality in Guardians, so how do you sustain that as an ongoing?

My thought is that Angela could get saddled to a human identity, a la a Don Blake or Billy Batson. But maybe Gillen has a better idea.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They just gave a brand-spanking new character her own ongoing a few months back (Kamala Khan), and it's awesome.
    If they somehow get even close to the heart and soul that title has and make it $2.99, sure.

This is very exciting. Angela has a ton of potential and I can see her character getting far in the Marvel Universe. I'm not familiar with her in Spawn, but she's been a real badass in the Marvel Universe so far.

Gillen is very fortunate to be able to write her character, much less her solo. I will definitely be reading this just for her.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I'd still like to know how Marvel plans to make Angela interesting. She's an alpha female and Bendis has given her a bit of a flat personality in Guardians, so how do you sustain that as an ongoing?
    I guess she could... uhh... hunt spawns?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I guess she could... uhh... hunt spawns?
    She could hunt Nightwatch. Or perhaps Moon Knight wearing a symbiote.

BANNED

(shrug) thats good I guess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not only that, but what else are they going to publish? It is not like there is some 100K+ best seller just sitting in a drawer they are refusing to give the green light to.

Although I can see this being a huge opportunity. Gillen is may get a lot more freedom creatively here because the character does not have 50 years of continuity to worry about. It also lets him not only explore more ideas with Asgaard but also some cosmic elements as well. If Marvel is pushing forward with new brands for next year there could be big plans for Angela.
    Well, taking a character who's still not really all that defined in the MU and building her from the ground up could be seen as an "opportunity" if you're a creative guy (which Gillen seems to be).

BANNED

Born of 2 gods of myth. Raised in a forgotten land of angel women. A warrior with a mystical ribbon. Super strong, can fly, proficient with a variety of weapons...love it. Marvel has their Artemis. Hello true goddess.

I thought it was bad enough Angela was shoved into Thor's mythology, I'm not sure this will be very good.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
    There's really not much to pull off.
    Can't really disagree with that.

Is this the announcement that is going to be made this morning on the view? or is that related to the Cinematic Universe? I think she might be getting a Movie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Is this the announcement that is going to be made this morning on the view? or is that related to the Cinematic Universe? I think she might be getting a Movie as well.
    This is likely the View announcement. It's comic-related, not movie related.

But they will probably set Angela up for a movie, but not until after Thor 3 and Avengers 3 in Phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    This is likely the View announcement. It's comic-related, not movie related.

But they will probably set Angela up for a movie, but not until after Thor 3 and Avengers 3 in Phase 4.
    Kinda weird to announce something so trivial to the major public (obviously not to us comic folks), most people couldnt care less if marvel announces a new title even if it is featuring a woman. Could you imagine a comic shop filled with housewives rushing to get their copy of Angela #1 (I know thats a stereotype but its still funny to imagine). lol