Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Kinda weird to announce something so trivial to the major public (obviously not to us comic folks), most people couldnt care less if marvel announces a new title even if it is featuring a woman. Could you imagine a comic shop filled with housewives rushing to get their copy of Angela #1 (I know thats a stereotype but its still funny to imagine). lol
    Unless they're changing her costume, I doubt she'll be that big of a hit with The View's audience...

Astonishing Member

Solid creative team if it is true.

I very much doubt Gillen left Iron Man to pursue this title exclusively, since he's just the co-writer. The rumor was that he left to be kind of the 'magic czar' of the MU, developing that side of the universe, with a special eye towards Dr. Strange in the lead up to the film. This is probably an extension of that, and will likely simply become Bennett's title after the first arc or two.

I find it interesting as it would give all three of Odn's children a book. Plus, there is plenty of rich mythology to expand upon... the tenth realm, cosmic adventures with Gamorra and the Guardians and maybe some other angel/demonic stuff. Personally, when she first came into Marvel, I always thought the character would be introduced into the Ghost Rider side of things. But, anyway, I think I am like others in that I don't see this as being the big project that Gillen mentioned. It just... doesn't seem like the case. Having said that, I think Gillen's recent work hasn't been as good as his Journey into Mystery and Uncanny X-Men days. Not faulting the writer, I think the current characters he did like Iron Man just didn't fit him. With the recent feats of Doctor Strange though, I thought Gillen would be heading a new Strange book and I think he might be a good fit there.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Kinda weird to announce something so trivial to the major public (obviously not to us comic folks), most people couldnt care less if marvel announces a new title even if it is featuring a woman. Could you imagine a comic shop filled with housewives rushing to get their copy of Angela #1 (I know thats a stereotype but its still funny to imagine). lol
    It worked with the new Ms. Marvel. Muslim's all across America were flocking to comic shops to pick up the new Ms. Islamic Ms. Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

I do approve.

BANNED

I just hope this rumour still holds true and it was not just a cross communication about the new Thor, whom I am both glad and dissapointed is not Angela.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    I find it interesting as it would give all three of Odn's children a book. Plus, there is plenty of rich mythology to expand upon... the tenth realm, cosmic adventures with Gamorra and the Guardians and maybe some other angel/demonic stuff.
    Thing I noticed today was, there is always the comparison to the Trinity over at DC and the comparison to Marvels Main 3 when really, the Odinspawn are the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman of the Marvel U. If they do not give her a series at least announce the Asgardians and make these three the focus.