BANNED

Default Green Lanterns #32 Discussion

And so ends Humphries' run, my favorite GL run to date. This issue wasn't the highest of high notes, but it was still a really nice slice of life story. And following all the action of the last arc? I think this was the right way to go.

It really is sad to see Humphries leave. Never in a million years would I have predicted a book I picked up solely because I thought, "Buddy Cop Green Lanterns? That sounds like fun!" would end up being one of the best Rebirth titles, and one which would make me love Simon Baz and (especially) Jessica Cruz as much as I do.

Based on what I've read from Tim Seeley, I'm pretty worried about what he's going to do with this book and these characters, and I think he may ruin everything that's made this book great. But, we'll find out about that in two weeks.

For now, thoughts on this issue.

Astonishing Member

Yeah. Nothing too crazy happened but it was a nice way to deal with some personal stuff for Jessica and Simon.

Jessica. You have no right to feel like you messed up with that first guy. If he can't stop staring at the screen (of you haha) to talk to you he's not worth it. You don't need a "cape chaser".

And while it might be a bit much take that dime store Jimmy Olsen!

Heh, it's always funny when they bring up the fact that the 2814 Lanterns actually have obligations beyond Earth .
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    And while it might be a bit much take that dime store Jimmy Olsen!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that resemblance .

Astonishing Member

Simon looked a bit like a football player with his build. Just seemed a bit off to me.

This issue was great, not a perfect end for a run but it's a nice transition to Seeley's. Very happy we got at least one more great slice of life style issue before Humphries left.