Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    This issue was absolute offensive nonsense.

After five great issues, we get one where two X-Men grieve for the black widow?!?!?
    WHO!!!! An absolute nobody Avenger has died and we get an x-issue grieving her?
    The only time I have read about this moron was when she pointing her armed fists at X-Men during Bendis’s opening issues or talking complete trash during AvX. She died, did she? GOOD. Hope Hawkboy, Captain Facist and Iron Twit did too.

Cyclops, the leader of the X-Men for 50 years died off panel from cloud poisoning, and does not even get one issue where an X-Man grieves for him (except possibly the only non-traitor X-Man, Emma) and yet this dumb Avenger gets a whole issue of a solo X-Man’s title, going on about how amazing she was.

Book dropped, this is just complete crap.
    Whoa. To be fair, Sina Grace said he was planning a Champions reunion prior to knowing Black Widow was dying. The grieving was only a framing narrative to get the Champions together.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

I get that writers base stories around events and I love the writer and Bobby’s journey but this is about the bigger picture.
    This is unforgivable.

I get that writers base stories around events and I love the writer and Bobby’s journey but this is about the bigger picture.
    This is unforgivable.
    I don't think punishing a good book that needs every purchase for things out of the writer's control is fair. But I can't tell you what to do with your money.

I hope you change your mind and continue to support the book, but I get why you're not happy with this outcome.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Cyclops, the leader of the X-Men for 50 years died off panel from cloud poisoning, and does not even get one issue where an X-Man grieves for him (except possibly the only non-traitor X-Man, Emma) and yet this dumb Avenger gets a whole issue of a solo X-Man’s title, going on about how amazing she was.

You have a point here. Cyclops' death was mishandled. Though to ditch the entire book for the sake of the Champions, former friends and allies of Black Widow, seems excessive. It served the plot in bringing the group together, and it didn't overtake the entire narrative.

It's an X-Book, but it's also an Iceman book. And Iceman had a life outside of the X-Men too. So it seems understandable to acknowledge that aspect of the character as well.

The point is true about the handling of Scott's death being pure trash, but that wasn't something Sina Grace and his artists had any say in.

This issue was absolute offensive nonsense.

After five great issues, we get one where two X-Men grieve for the black widow?!?!?
    WHO!!!! An absolute nobody Avenger has died and we get an x-issue grieving her?
    The only time I have read about this moron was when she pointing her armed fists at X-Men during Bendis’s opening issues or talking complete trash during AvX. She died, did she? GOOD. Hope Hawkboy, Captain Facist and Iron Twit did too.

Bobby and Warren are both great friends to Nat. And calling her a 'nobody' is the biggest stretch I've heard in awhile. I agree with the Cyclops sentiment, but that is editorial and has nothing to do with Grace's story.

Lol how can you guys even talk to this person.

BANNED

Northstar is still set to make an appearance in a future issue right?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Bobby and Warren are both great friends to Nat. And calling her a 'nobody' is the biggest stretch I've heard in awhile. I agree with the Cyclops sentiment, but that is editorial and has nothing to do with Grace's story.
    ^^^This

I’m more surprised that you guys aren’t furious.
    When has an x-villain in the past got an issue where X-Men sit around and remember them?

The irrational hate some fans have against other franchises doesn't extend to the characters themselves. Since when was Black Widow a X-Men villain?...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Okay, okay, this is getting weird.

Punishing one book, because other books did not give enough attention on the death of Scott??? I agree they would have given his death way more then they did, but it has nothing to do with this creative team.

Black Widow a nobody? I think she and Cap. Marvel are the most popular Avenger girls. Would not call her a nobody.

Natasha has been a team mate for Warren and Bobby for years. It is understandable they mourn her.

And calling the Widow an X-villain, that just made me laugh out loud.

If you are that sensitive and unrealistic in all your judgments on comics, I bet you'll drop all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was one of my favorite issues so far. I don't think this is making it past #12 unfortunately but I hope Sina Grace finds other work at the X-office as he clearly has great affinity for the characters.

I actually felt the opposite. They came together to mourn Natasha and instead all Bobby cared about was going dancing and kissing a guy. I get that Widows death was just the excuse to get these characters together but in universe it's a bit messed up to turn her wake into a dating party and to be more upset that their former hq was turned into a gym.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I'm really loving this series. I hope Grace gets a team book soon. I don't understand why mediocre writers like Guggenheim keep getting shots at the big books instead
    I'd kill for a book starring Iceman, Angel, Dazzler, Northstar, Gambit and others written Grace.

BANNED

He picked up a flatscan at a club. What are you doing, Bobby? Hercules is right there.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 10-05-2017 at 04:36 AM.