Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Wonder what Shoes he was picking up in that long line? Never knew he was hypebeast.

BANNED

Digital Sales for this issue:

15. X-Men Gold #13
    16. Astonishing X-Men #4
    17. Spider-Man #21
    20. Avengers #672
    21. Jessica Jones #13
    22. Old Man Logan #29
    26. All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #11
    27. Iceman #6
    30. Hawkeye #11
    31. Black Bolt #6
    34. Spirits of Vengeance #1
    36. Venomverse #5
    39. Iron Fist #73
    40. Spider-Man/Deadpool #22
    43. Venom #155
    45. Royals #9

Is it me or is this good? Like Iceman does well digitally?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    So I may be reaching here but I thought it was odd some of the members could not remember when they first met Natasha, could this be something going on here or am I reaching? It made me think of in Legacy of Riri forgetting the "Avengers Assemble" Call. I'm probably thinking too much of this.
    You know i was thinking the same thing could it be a side effect of Secret Empire and or Legacy screwing with reality, and this is a example of it. They remember her but not the first time they met her.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Digital Sales for this issue:

15. X-Men Gold #13
    16. Astonishing X-Men #4
    17. Spider-Man #21
    20. Avengers #672
    21. Jessica Jones #13
    22. Old Man Logan #29
    26. All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #11
    27. Iceman #6
    30. Hawkeye #11
    31. Black Bolt #6
    34. Spirits of Vengeance #1
    36. Venomverse #5
    39. Iron Fist #73
    40. Spider-Man/Deadpool #22
    43. Venom #155
    45. Royals #9

Is it me or is this good? Like Iceman does well digitally?
    I've been monitoring the comixology rankings and it seems to stay in this 22-27 spot. Don't know how good or not that is but it's consistent.

I should also point out that on Marvel.com's digital sales charts, it's always been in the top 10 so far, and there it beats some titles that it doesn't on comixology, such as Jessica Jones.
    Last edited by maxhilary; 10-06-2017 at 03:50 AM.

BANNED

I'm sure we'll get at least 12 issues but I'm hoping for 18+
    Bobby deserves the push and I'm loving what Sina Grace is doing thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm sure we'll get at least 12 issues but I'm hoping for 18+
    Bobby deserves the push and I'm loving what Sina Grace is doing thus far.
    I'm fully prepared for 10 issues. If it goes any further, peachy.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

While it's super exciting to see Bobby have these experiences, I found his love interest to be really basic? And the kiss didn't feel earned, imo; happened too fast. The "how about a first gay kiss?" line also didn't work well for me, just felt awkward. That said, I enjoyed the issue overall! The humor was great! I guess I just had some expectations in regards to how Bobby's love life should go and they weren't met entirely here. I find myself hoping that Judah is just a lesson for Bobby, and we can move on to a more interesting love interest. I mean, they live on different coasts, and Judah apparently admits to being super basic, so I just don't see him working as a superhero's man.
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

I agree, the kiss happened way too fast in my opinion, as did the "go back to my place to ya know... talk and stuff" invitation.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This issue made mockery of the reason for the get together. I'd rather of scene the cast sitting around talking of past missions then seeing Booby in a Gay bar.
    X-Men Forever

Oh man, my letter got printed! *cries* I still haven't read the issue but someone posted about the letter on twitter and I saw that it was mine xD I can't wait to pick this up next week
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Oh man, my letter got printed! *cries* I still haven't read the issue but someone posted about the letter on twitter and I saw that it was mine xD I can't wait to pick this up next week
    Omg! Was it the super emotional one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So he's into guys like Judas a.k.a. the generic west coast gayboy who goes clubbing on weekends? I know Bobby is boring, but damn...

His younger self also date a ridiculously generic-looking inhuman too, I hope that this is just a coincidence and Bobby's taste in men isn't this vanilla.....

Methinks Bobby's taste in men is anyone who talks to him

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Oooh congrats!!

There's been an interesting mix of reactions to Judah -- and I'm inclined to attribute it to the collective anxiousness(?) that many readers have been building up since Iceman came out.

"WHERE BE DA MENZZZZZZ????"

So, for ME, nothing felt rushed -- or at least, nothing felt any MORE rushed than any ACTUAL in-real-life-gay-men-encounters-based-on-physical-attraction. We live in an age (and for some of us-- the actual community) where EVERYTHING is about instant gratification. Hell, if our internet speed is less than instantaneous SOME of us are inclined to make audible cries of fabricated pain, ammirite?
    And speaking specifically to GAY culture -- (yes, its a thing) -- we experience this kind of rush-rush-rush-make-it-happen interaction on the regular, particularly within our social media devices and applications. I can't even count the number of times I've been hit up on any given app or site with the intent of meeting other gay men, and had said encounter either succeed or fail within a 15-20 minute window, you know?
    I mean, "Sup. Sup. You're hot. You too. Stats? Into? Yeah. Great. Host? Travel? Cool. ETA 30 minutes. See ya soon" blah blah blah. This kind of hormone driven communication-on-speed is a thing, so to say that Bobby meeting a confident, attractive, gay man OUT IN THE REAL LIFE WORLD (in a line for shoes no less) and then meet him later at a BAR/CLUB, only to have them further hit it off based solely on their mutual attraction and/or brief exchange of charming quips -- I'd say, YEAH, I buy it whole heartedly.

Now, speaking to the "forever and always" question of their "as yet to be established love for one another" (ha ha) I think WE as an audience are probably jumping the gun, or the shark, or the runway or whatever metaphor we want to use in this situation. Judah is just the first gay man Bobby's met AS a gay man himself and also his first gay date ever. I get that our Marvel experience tends to inform us that we should now accept/anticipate this is a stepping stone to life long marital bliss but I don't believe that Sina Grace subscribes to that same belief system.

Since the first issue, Sina's shown us a very unique and authentic perspective on the gay experience. I don't believe that Judah is Bobby's end game, nor do I believe that their experience--however long or brief-- should be discounted or undervalued. Its entertainment at this point and I'm just soaking it up like a sponge.