Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Also, if it's anything to go by, Grace tweeted a Daken doodle he drew himself, which gives hope to a Bobken shipper like me. Even if Judah doesn't turn out to be a Judas (sorry, couldn't resist), he may just be a Betty Brant/Julie Madison "simply the first experience" kind of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So, for ME, nothing felt rushed -- or at least, nothing felt any MORE rushed than any ACTUAL in-real-life-gay-men-encounters-based-on-physical-attraction. We live in an age (and for some of us-- the actual community) where EVERYTHING is about instant gratification. Hell, if our internet speed is less than instantaneous SOME of us are inclined to make audible cries of fabricated pain, ammirite?
    And speaking specifically to GAY culture -- (yes, its a thing) -- we experience this kind of rush-rush-rush-make-it-happen interaction on the regular, particularly within our social media devices and applications. I can't even count the number of times I've been hit up on any given app or site with the intent of meeting other gay men, and had said encounter either succeed or fail within a 15-20 minute window, you know?
    Completely agree. I wanted to say the same thing but you put it into words really well. While I can appreciate that many would see this as rushed, the reality is that this does happen this way for a lot of people in real life. Call it hormones or whatever, but it's common enough.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Completely agree. I wanted to say the same thing but you put it into words really well. While I can appreciate that many would see this as rushed, the reality is that this does happen this way for a lot of people in real life. Call it hormones or whatever, but it's common enough.
    Call me an old soul.. but I really detest today's "hook up" culture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    And Bobby feels like an "old soul" that wouldn't just hookup with anyone.

The name Judah is throwing me off...you just instinctively think this guy is going to betray/hurt Iceman...seriously out of ALL the names..come on.

Oh tell me about it.
    I JUST had someone message me on an app, and in the passing of one minute and 32 seconds of my failing to respond, I was told to "chill out" (appropriate for this thread? haha) and then to....well..... "sex" myself.

Classy dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh tell me about it.
    I JUST had someone message me on an app, and in the passing of one minute and 32 seconds of my failing to respond, I was told to "chill out" (appropriate for this thread? haha) and then to....well..... "sex" myself.

Classy dude.
    that's why there's that "best of grindr" instagram page...it's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    that's why there's that "best of grindr" instagram page...it's hilarious
    Today's mission: FIND said instagram page.

Honestly, its like...... its like CBR trolling, amplified by 12. Just sad, really. Nobody cares about their humanity anymore.

Oh I don't like to operate that way myself either, but to each their own. It's just not for me. As for Bobby, he's probably more of an old soul too but considering how long he's repressed his attraction, I can give him a pass here. :P

BANNED

Christ what is it with comic book fans always accusing superheroes of being sluts?

Just because Bobby went back with him doesn't mean he's into hookup culture or that he doesn't want something stable, but there are areas in btw. He's been repressing his sexuality for over 30 years and is just now being honest, and people act surprised he'd get messy in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Christ what is it with comic book fans always accusing superheroes of being sluts?

Just because Bobby went back with him doesn't mean he's into hookup culture or that he doesn't want something stable, but there are areas in btw. He's been repressing his sexuality for over 30 years and is just now being honest, and people act surprised he'd get messy in the process?
    I would never accuse anyone of that! I'm totally for live and let live! I support Bobby in however he wants to handle things, I was just talking about my own personal preference. And yeah I know you didn't mean me specifically :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I would never accuse anyone of that! I'm totally for live and let live! I support Bobby in however he wants to handle things, I was just talking about my own personal preference. And yeah I know you didn't mean me specifically :P
    Well, I'm a fan of Jean/Scott/Emma and those three are always getting called sluts and it gets on my nerves big time, so I expected Iceman fans to be above that. Cyclops is my favorite and his haters just go crazy with the fact that his personal life is messy. I've noticed with characters I don't like their love/sex lives always get brought up against them. Makes me feel comic book fans are more likely to forgive a hero who commits genocide than a hero who enjoys sex out of marriage. Ok I'm exaggerating but I'm not far off.

Well, I'm a fan of Jean/Scott/Emma and those three are always getting called sluts and it gets on my nerves big time, so I expected Iceman fans to be above that. Cyclops is my favorite and his haters just go crazy with the fact that his personal life is messy. I've noticed with characters I don't like their love/sex lives always get brought up against them. Makes me feel comic book fans are more likely to forgive a hero who commits genocide than a hero who enjoys sex out of marriage. Ok I'm exaggerating but I'm not far off.
    Hey I love all 3 of them too, so I share your frustration! Actually, there are very few X-men I dislike, so it always surprises me to see the various reasons posters here present for their respective disliked characters. But again, to each his own. Emma is one of my favorites and I love Jean too. And I'm definitely a #CyclopsWasRight fan.

BANNED

Tome this issue was a bit off...as if Grace was feeling pressure to portray the gay experience in a good light and portray it correctly rather than focusing on what would make sense for Bobby. You could completely replace Iceman with any man coming out and it'd read the same I just didn't get the same "Iceman" specific experience as some of the earlier issues.

I think you're overreacting just a tad lol. All I said was I hated the culture. I never said Bobby was a slut. But meeting someone, kissing, and then being asked to go back to someone's place to "talk and stuff" sounds pretty hook up culture-esque to me, and I'm not a fan of it. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Tome this issue was a bit off...as if Grace was feeling pressure to portray the gay experience in a good light and portray it correctly rather than focusing on what would make sense for Bobby. You could completely replace Iceman with any man coming out and it'd read the same I just didn't get the same "Iceman" specific experience as some of the earlier issues.
    Not even the puns and jokes?